[email protected]
    Again Thanks for help

i have a question im trying to make custom icon for glass dock. do you know what size will completely fill in center orb on five icon dock? hope this picture helps.
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-img_0048.png  
    Last edited by Razorinthe60s; 2011-02-16 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Addition Help
    Don't allow others to tell you What you Can and What you can't Do. Live that's your only option.
    2011-02-16 08:47 PM
    Thanks but i did it a different way i used my photo from itunes and the Overlay.png. I cut the overlay out and pasted it onto my picture and just copied the new overlay over the old one in the G.O.C HD_GlassDock.theme via ssh and voila it worked.
    Last edited by mrbunglez; 2011-02-16 at 08:57 PM.
    2011-02-16 08:53 PM
    [email protected]
    Again Thanks for help

i have a question im trying to make custom icon for glass dock. do you know what size will completely fill in center orb on five icon dock? hope this picture helps.
    I explained how "I" do it on the previous page.

Hope the instructions are clear enough for you to follow.

Also at the bottom of Post 1 is the .psd template for orb sized icons which is the same size as the middle slot for the dock.

Good Luck

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!
    2011-02-16 08:59 PM
    FYI!!! Setting user wallpaper is broken on all devices with 4.2.1 fw when using any of the weather widgets, animated lockscreens or glass dock - not only with my theme, but all themes in general..you can thank apple for that .

However, if you're familiar with open SSH then u can manually apply your own wallpapers on springboard and lockscreen. I will be posting a 'how to' soon. Cheers!
    I'm not using weather widgets, animated lock screens or the glass dock but still can't get even the native wallpapers to work, except when I click on a multi folder the the old background pops up?

Might be worth "making do" with a free theme, but we all bought this one. Not good
    2011-02-16 09:05 PM
    I'm not using weather widgets, animated lock screens or the glass dock but still can't get even the native wallpapers to work, except when I click on a multi folder the the old background pops up?

Might be worth "making do" with a free theme, but we all bought this one. Not good
    I guess I should have been more clear...user wallpaper does not work at all w/ devices running 4.2.1 fw - My theme is paid because it not only comes with custom theme wallpapers, but because it is complete, unique, and u get great support..all for $2.99 .

If you would like to use your own wallpaper then u can ssh into your device and navigate to private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/G.O.C. HD.theme/ and delete Wallpaper.png and [email protected]. As long as u don't use any of the widgets or glass dock then u can set any wallpaper from your camera roll etc.
    2011-02-16 09:25 PM
    @Schakal: To "replace" for example, the current glass dock Safari icon.
    Drag the original icon from the Safari bundle to your desktop.
    Open the icon in Photoshop or GIMP and create a layer with your image over top of other image, resize, delete old and save.
    Now replace the original safari icon with your creation and respring.
    Can't explain it any easier.
    I think you did not understand me. I do NOT want to draw an icon, I realy like the glass dock safari Icon as it is. I just want to use THAT icon for another program, called iCabMobile.
    There is no iCabMobile-Bundle inside of any theme - neither inside of the GOC-HD nor the Glass-Dock folder.
    If I just create a folder called de.icab.iCabMobile inside of the Glass-Dock-Bundle and put the safari icon from the glass-dock bundle inside the iCabMobile-Icon gets replaced - but there is a bubble around it. I did NOT take the png from the GOC-HD-Bundle, if I did so I would understand this.
    Changing the existing safari-Icon did not make any trouble. I could replace it with the original Icon without problems.
    I hope I made myself clear now.
    2011-02-16 09:51 PM
    I think you did not understand me. I do NOT want to draw an icon, I realy like the glass dock safari Icon as it is. I just want to use THAT icon for another program, called iCabMobile.
    There is no iCabMobile-Bundle inside of any theme - neither inside of the GOC-HD nor the Glass-Dock folder.
    If I just create a folder called de.icab.iCabMobile inside of the Glass-Dock-Bundle and put the safari icon from the glass-dock bundle inside the iCabMobile-Icon gets replaced - but there is a bubble around it. I did NOT take the png from the GOC-HD-Bundle, if I did so I would understand this.
    Changing the existing safari-Icon did not make any trouble. I could replace it with the original Icon without problems.
    That should work or you can just create a new Folder in G.O.C. HD.theme and call it Icons. Inside the icons folder, drag the safari icon you want to use and rename it [email protected] and another iCabMobile.png and turn Summerboard Mode "On" it will not affect anything in the theme because that is what I am doing right now.

2011-02-16 09:59 PM
    I understand your dilemma 100%. However, ALL App Store icons get auto-created by images found in the com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder. Therefore, the orb will ALWAYS be applied to App Store icons. Unfortunately you are stuck with the safari icon on the glass dock.

The only other option is to deselect the GlassDock option via winterboard. Also, if you're using any of the weather widgets make sure the (no dock) option of the widget you're using is selected. Hope this makes sense

EDIT: or u can do as [email protected] recommended in the post above
    2011-02-16 10:04 PM
    @Elektrobank: I gave Toy step by step instructions on custom wallpaper and they should be in FAQ on post 1.

Your wallpaper problem is because you need to change the wallpaper in the date/weather widget you are using, NOT the wallpaper in the G.O.C. HD.theme folder. You MUST also now have two copies...Wallpaper.png & [email protected] in the widget folder.
    Thanks for the feedback

I'm not using the date / weather widget, but all is good - I have the glass dock theme at the top and just changed the Wallpaper.png to my own wallpaper at 320x480 and all working fine.

The only icon that doesn't get orbed (as per the previous theme on ios 4.1) is MX Tube
    2011-02-16 10:20 PM
    ...or you can just create a new Folder in G.O.C. HD.theme and call it Icons. ...
    This method worked. Thanks a lot.
    2011-02-16 11:13 PM
    This method worked. Thanks a lot.
    Your welcome...like I said, it is what I am using to create all my own icons. If you go back a few posts, I explain and also provide Transparent icons that can be used for the Top Bar. I have 5 transparent icons on my homepage top bar using this method. It is back about 10 pages or so.

Good Luck and Enjoy

2011-02-16 11:17 PM
    hi i just did the update for the theme trough cydia and changed as always weather and time everywhere but it doesn't change the time to the 24 hour system on the maintheme (hd pro with dock) lockscreen is working and the old version worked also but just swaping the setting in the js file from false to true...

any ideas?
    2011-02-16 11:32 PM
    hi i just did the update for the theme trough cydia and changed as always weather and time everywhere but it doesn't change the time to the 24 hour system on the maintheme (hd pro with dock) lockscreen is working and the old version worked also but just swaping the setting in the js file from false to true...

any ideas?
    Please go to the G.O.C. HD thread, Post 1 and read my instructions found in FAQ.

Thank You

2011-02-16 11:49 PM
    miTime icon, the face time fix app for those who need it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macanaw; 2011-02-17 at 11:09 PM.
    2011-02-16 11:51 PM
    On another note, I read through as much as I could but didn't see mention of the battery charging portion of the theme. When i have taptolock selected on the theme I no longer see the battery charge theme screen when plugged in. Is this a part of the broken background issue?
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-2-16-2011-3-57-53-pm.jpg  
    2011-02-16 11:59 PM
    On another note, I read through as much as I could but didn't see mention of the battery charging portion of the theme. When i have taptolock selected on the theme I no longer see the battery charge theme screen when plugged in. Is this a part of the broken background issue?
    There are multiple tap to lock widgets. Use the other one and you will see the battery charger when plugged in. If you use the TapAniL one then you will not see the battery charger.

You get to select one or the other, only way to do it now.

Good Luck

2011-02-17 12:02 AM
    hmm am i not seeing something tonight? i changed the file like itmis described in the faq for the hd pro - the one i am using using. weather works great like always but time stays on 12 hour system and i can't see that something has changed in the faq related to that what i akready new...

i read in the faq to change in the file config.js in the config folder of the theme which is used from the value from false to true... for the lockscreen this is working like i said but not for the theme itself...

perhaps i'm to tired this evening to see everythin?
    2011-02-17 12:06 AM
    There are multiple tap to lock widgets. Use the other one and you will see the battery charger when plugged in. If you use the TapAniL one then you will not see the battery charger.

You get to select one or the other, only way to do it now.

Good Luck
    I'm using the G.O.C. HD_TapToUnlock and the G.O.C. HD_TapLockscreen,I'll try changing order and such.

Thanks Tristen
    2011-02-17 12:09 AM
    hmm am i not seeing something tonight? i changed the file like itmis described in the faq for the hd pro - the one i am using using. weather works great like always but time stays on 12 hour system and i can't see that something has changed in the faq related to that what i akready new...

i read in the faq to change in the file config.js in the config folder of the theme which is used from the value from false to true... for the lockscreen this is working like i said but not for the theme itself...

perhaps i'm to tired this evening to see everythin?
    The following instructions were posted in Post 1 of this thread under FAQ:

>>>>>>>HOW TO CHANGE TO 24 HOUR FORMAT(G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date)<<<<<<<

I have placed simple change instructions in the code lines of the file.

1. SSH to: /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_Weather+Date.theme
    2. Select Widget.html
    3. Find the following line of code and change the 12's to 24
    Yours should look exactly like the lines of code here:

function updateClock ( )
    {
    var currentTime = new Date ( );

var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );
    var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes ( );
    var currentSeconds = currentTime.getSeconds ( );

// Pad the minutes and seconds with leading zeros, if required
    currentMinutes = ( currentMinutes < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentMinutes;
    currentSeconds = ( currentSeconds < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentSeconds;

// Choose either "AM" or "PM" as appropriate
    var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 24 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

// Convert the hours component to 24-hour format if needed
    currentHours = ( currentHours > 24 ) ? currentHours - 24 : currentHours;

4. To get rid of the AM/PM insert two // in front of:

var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

So that it looks like this:

function init2 ( )
    {
    timeDisplay = document.createTextNode ( "" );
    document.getElementById("ampm").appendChild ( timeDisplay );
    }

function amPm ( )
    {
    var currentTime = new Date ( );

var currentHours = currentTime.getHours ( );

// Choose either "AM" or "PM" as appropriate
    //var timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";

5. Respring: You should now be in 24 hour mode.

>>>>>>>HOW TO CHANGE TO 24 HOUR FORMAT(G.O.C. HD_PRO_Date)<<<<<<<

1. SSH into your device and navigate to:
    private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD_PRO_Date.theme/Config
    2. Open the Config.js file
    3. Change 'false' to 'true' in the following string:

var twentyFourHourTime = false;
    //Toggles twelve and twenty-four hour time.

4. Respring device and enjoy a cold glass of milk.

2011-02-17 12:11 AM
    Looks like it is the G.O.C. HD_TapLockscreen that overrides it.
    2011-02-17 12:12 AM
2,790 ... 1767107115116117118119127 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD