I installed BossPaper last night, so now I understand first-hand what issues everyone has been having with it. What I don't understand is how to get bosspaper "underneath" the widgets and glass dock..I've tried everything!! even installing the 'Bosspaper Blank Background.theme' via cydia...?!?! the widgets are definitely there! I can see them when a picture appears that is only in the middle of the screen.

Personally it doesn't affect how I use bosspaper, because I like to have the image only change within the middle portion behind the icons(see screenshots)..looks really cool with a slow fade transition every 10-15 seconds. But, I know that some of you like to have full-screen rotating images that don't hide the widgets, and according to the bigboss support page the latest version is suppose to allow just that, but there are no details on how to accomplish this. So, I'm not giving up until it works the way it claims it should!!

I'll keep trying and post my progress. Please do the same
    I had set up a similar rotating color scheme using the wallpapers you supplied to go with the PRO_Weather mod, but I really do like these new versions of the wallpapers that have the color in the middle and the gray weave on top and bottom. Any chance of supplying a zip file of the new images with the various colors?

Also, I just checked Cydia and it looks like the G.O.C. HD_UPDATES theme has landed.

EDIT: N/M... I just downloaded the wallpaper overlays and see that that overlay is in the zip file. I'll play around with it to see if I can create my own.
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-09-28 at 10:54 PM.
    2010-09-28 10:40 PM
    I had set up a similar rotating color scheme using the wallpapers you supplied to go with the PRO_Weather mod, but I really do like these new versions of the wallpapers that have the color in the middle and the gray weave on top and bottom. Any chance of supplying a zip file of the new images with the various colors?

Also, I just checked Cydia and it looks like the G.O.C. HD_UPDATES theme has landed.

EDIT: N/M... I just downloaded the wallpaper overlays and see that that overlay is in the zip file. I'll play around with it to see if I can create my own.
    I had to makes new walls that are transparent on the top and bottom, and only have the middle colored section with the borders(see screenshots).

All you have to do is set the [email protected] wall, from the 'G.O.C. HD_PRO_Weather_Wall' zip on my first post, as your main springboard image then select the walls I provided below in bosspaper(probably easiest to email them to yourself and then save them to your camera roll), and you're set! let me know if u need any help!

And yes, the G.O.C. UPDATES is now available for download via Cydia!!
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-a1.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-a2.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-a3.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-a4.png  
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-09-28 at 11:26 PM.
    2010-09-28 11:05 PM
    I had to makes new walls that are transparent on the top and bottom, and only have the middle colored section with the borders(see screenshots).

All you have to do is set the [email protected] wall, from the 'G.O.C. HD_PRO_Weather_Wall' zip on my first post, as your main springboard image and you're set! let me know if u need any help!

And yes, the G.O.C. UPDATES is now available for download via Cydia!!
    Got it! So simple. I hadn't thought about putting one of the original files as the standard springboard wallpaper so it stays behind the widgets. So simple, and it looks great. Many thanks, man. Now with that template I should be able to go NUTS creating backgrounds to rotate behind the main icons.
    2010-09-28 11:28 PM
    TV...Thanks for working on the BossPaper issue...I know, I am a pain and one of those that uses full screen wallpapers ...Waiting Patiently!

For those of you wishing to use the Dusk LAW (Live Action Weather)and wanting to see the Glass Orb Dock and one of the Weather Widgets, Please refer to my Winterboard set up below...it works perfectly although I think that some of the images need tweeking. I will see what I can figure out later.

Any other questions about my current setup...you know where I am
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-001.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-002.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-003.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-004.png  

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!
    2010-09-29 12:59 AM
    Love the new HD Bundle for updates. Great addition TV!!
    2010-09-29 01:23 AM
    !!ATTENTION!!

If you haven't already done so, open Cydia and search for 'G.O.C. HD_UPDATES' and install! All future updates will be released via this package. The days of overwriting all your custom changes to images and the widgets every time you install a new update are over . Make sure it is selected and moved to the very top position in winterboard Enjoy!

Update 1.0
    -Initial release includes Calculator skin(portrait mode only)
    -More Cydia icon support bundles
    2010-09-29 05:15 AM
    toyvan:

Re Boss Paper and dock:
    There is something in the Big Boss's site that mentions that the Wallpaper.html in the theme needs to be changed to Widget.html + one line change.

It's on BossPaper v1.1.1 | iPhone News, Help and Guides at reply 12 and following.

I hope this is a help.

Greg
    2010-09-29 10:58 AM
    Not sure if this has been asked or covered already but is there anyway for the widget icon to update its current location? Instead of being a fixed location all the time? I expect it can be coded but certainly not by me lol!!
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.
    2010-09-29 12:35 PM
    toyvan:

Re Boss Paper and dock:
    There is something in the Big Boss's site that mentions that the Wallpaper.html in the theme needs to be changed to Widget.html + one line change.

It's on BossPaper v1.1.1 | iPhone News, Help and Guides at reply 12 and following.

I hope this is a help.

Greg
    I had forgot all about that post, that was a very very long time ago. I have tried all of that and the code line that he mentions does not even exist in these widgets. The clock/date widgets are already named widget. The dock is named wallpaper but I tried over the weekend to rename it to widget and it still did not work unless I did something wrong. Have to remember that BossPaper and those comments were directed at the old OS and no longer works the same with the iOS 4 rebuild.

Not sure if this has been asked or covered already but is there anyway for the widget icon to update its current location? Instead of being a fixed location all the time? I expect it can be coded but certainly not by me lol!!
    The easy way (which I did while on vacation for two weeks last month) is use iFile, click yourself to the .css file, bookmark it and then from that point, anytime I moved to a different area, I just opened iFile, hit my bookmark, hit edit, change zip and save. Worked fine and took less then 2 min.

Currently none of the clock widgets have this function and you should know this as I see your name on multiple themes. If there is one, then get us the coding out of it and we could implement the code into HD. To my knowledge, there is nothing like this out there yet.

2010-09-29 03:26 PM
    Awesome theme TV..

Couple questions. forgive me if they are too noobish...

1. Is there a way to make the text font under the icons in the dock white?
    2. When opening folders are we restricted to the blue background?
    3. Is there a GOC HD sbsettings theme?
    2010-09-29 04:50 PM
    Awesome theme TV..

Couple questions. forgive me if they are too noobish...

1. Is there a way to make the text font under the icons in the dock white?
    2. When opening folders are we restricted to the blue background?
    3. Is there a GOC HD sbsettings theme?
    Welcome to the G.O.C. Family!

1) Open WinterBoard and scroll down until you see "White Icon Labels"
    2) No, you can replace the backgrounds with any of your choice...ssh and photoshop skills required.
    3) Please read Post 1 of this thread and you will see what has been installed and what is still to come.

Hope this answers your questions and that you enjoy the theme

2010-09-29 05:21 PM
    Thanks Tristan..

Gotcha!!

Yeah white icon labels do not work for me. I have all folders in the dock. Does that matter?

Otherwise this is one killer theme...

Edit: changed this guys - in the info.plist file - change the dock font color from transparent to white (or whatever color you want)
    Last edited by annihil8tion; 2010-09-29 at 05:52 PM.
    2010-09-29 05:39 PM
    sometimes [email protected] does some good around here...
    2010-09-29 08:06 PM
    ToyVan, any update on colored Badges (Red with White Text)?
    2010-09-29 09:08 PM
    The easy way (which I did while on vacation for two weeks last month) is use iFile, click yourself to the .css file, bookmark it and then from that point, anytime I moved to a different area, I just opened iFile, hit my bookmark, hit edit, change zip and save. Worked fine and took less then 2 min.

Currently none of the clock widgets have this function and you should know this as I see your name on multiple themes. If there is one, then get us the coding out of it and we could implement the code into HD. To my knowledge, there is nothing like this out there yet.
    Yeah thats what I do at the moment, the bookmarks in ifile. I havent seen this feature on any theme but i reckon it can be done. Just not be me as i suck at coding!!
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.
    2010-09-29 09:26 PM
    ToyVan, any update on colored Badges (Red with White Text)?
    I knew I was forgetting something..thanks for the reminder

I included other flavors just in case anybody else was interested.

SSH and navigate to private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard - remove the color label from beginning, i.e. '[email protected]' should be '[email protected]' - copy it in, respring and put some shrimp on the barbie!
    Attached Images [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-blue_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-green_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-orange_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-pink_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-purple_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-red_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-teal_sbbadgebg-2x.png [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-yellow_sbbadgebg-2x.png 
    2010-09-29 09:36 PM
    TV,

Works like magic... Thank you!
    2010-09-29 09:53 PM
    BossPaper WORKS with G.O.C HD, we have found a way to incorporate the two with a little bit of work. You will have to make special wallpaper packs and incorporate into Bosspaper Packs. We will set up instructions if there is a positive response to alternating wallpaper. Here are three back to back images with all widgets and BossPaper activated.
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-006.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-007.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-008.png  

2010-09-29 11:55 PM
    cowabunga!
    2010-09-30 01:41 AM
    Now get the vWallpaper to work with the silver overlay...the rippling water in the center would be badass!!
    2010-09-30 02:04 AM
2,790 ... 1151596061626371111 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD