You'll be having lots of new customers. v4.02 out of the box came out about 2 months ago when they patched the pdf exploit. Time flies.

How do new jailbroken customers find things like G.O.C. HD? That certanly was the advantage of Rock, but I don't wish to get you started on that path.

regards
    richard
    2010-10-08 10:16 PM
    Thanks a lot man I just did it and it works well I see the changes that you made and after taking a good look at them it really isn't that hard to add something like am/pm but since I am learning I thought I would ask thanks again!
    I'm glad it's working well for you. If you don't mind, don't forget to stop back by the original post and click the Thanks button. It's how we know when a post is helpful.
    2010-10-08 10:43 PM
    I'm glad it's working well for you. If you don't mind, don't forget to stop back by the original post and click the Thanks button. It's how we know when a post is helpful.
    No problem, I normally do but the majority of the time I am using the Iphone app and there is no thanks button on there . I do however, go back and give thanks from my pc when it is needed!
    2010-10-08 11:22 PM
    You'll be having lots of new customers. v4.02 out of the box came out about 2 months ago when they patched the pdf exploit. Time flies.

How do new jailbroken customers find things like G.O.C. HD? That certanly was the advantage of Rock, but I don't wish to get you started on that path.

regards
    richard
    with the demise of Rock, the only real form of advertising is by word of mouth(that's where all of u come in ), and here on mmi! Unless you search for my themes specifically on Cydia it's like a needle in a haystack!

However, there are some things in the works that I must keep confidential. BUT, I think EVERYONE who loves themes will be pleased
    2010-10-08 11:39 PM
    iPhone 4.1 Upgrade: Retain Original Baseband Unlock [Tutorial] | The Apple Press

Keep this url handy. When you are ready to upgrade to firmware 4.1 and use Umbrella, follow these directions so that you can maintain the old bootrom (1.59.00) and not the new (2.10.04). This will allow you to still be able to unlock your phone using the new 4.1 jailbreak. The new jailbreak for 4.1 has a new bootrom and will not be unlockable, if ever.

Do it whether or not you unlock your phone. When it come time to sell it (it will happen some day), your phone will be more valuable.

P.s. The procedure works. I'm waiting for Sunday's jailbreak using firmware 4.1 with the old 1.59.00 bootrom. I've been waiting for 8 day... and counting

/end soapbox

There are so many categories for themes on Cydia. I've turned many of the obvious ones off, and in your case TWICE (they appear in different categories)... there most be over a hundred of them posted daily... if you're not on that front page as a featured item (which never changes), you are just SOL. I know that things must be in the works as there are lots of other posts even right here about changes... anything will be an improvement, and thus wish you well.

Was that a template for bosspaper to make it work with the cutouts on top and on the bottom for your stuff? It's getting a little harder to find things lately, maybe it's just me.

@[email protected] I saw those biteSMS icons.. those look very nice. I have that, opps, had that on my dock too... it was the second from the left, next to safari as I remember.. why does it make a difference as to it's placement? just curious.
    Last edited by rebraun; 2010-10-09 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-09 12:06 AM
    How i got mine at the mo, enjoying the new lockscreen mod
    Gorgeous Wallpaper!!!

iPhone 4.1 Upgrade: Retain Original Baseband Unlock [Tutorial] | The Apple Press

@[email protected] I saw those biteSMS icons.. those look very nice. I have that, opps, had that on my dock too... it was the second from the left, next to safari as I remember.. why does it make a difference as to it's placement? just curious.
    It is not a biggie as most are centered, but in the old days the right side was edged toward the right of the bar and left to the left. Depending on the icons, they may need to be adjusted slightly for perfect appearance. Just open in your photo editor and shift a few clicks left/right, up/down resave and check it out for yourselves. Like I said, I did not test all and some may be shifted or a px or 2 different in size so that it looks dorky on the bar.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-10-09 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!
    2010-10-09 12:31 AM
    I am trying to add a icon for backgrounder. These are the steps I have taken can some please correct me on what I am doing wrong?

1. Created a folder titled "jp.ashikase.backgrounder" in G.O.C HD.theme/Bundles
    2. Added two backgrounder icons in the folder created in step 1 and named them icon.png and [email protected]
    3. Respringed and rebooted but still nothing.

PLEASE HELP!
    2010-10-09 12:32 AM
    I am trying to add a icon for backgrounder. These are the steps I have taken can some please correct me on what I am doing wrong?

1. Created a folder titled "jp.ashikase.backgrounder" in G.O.C HD.theme/Bundles
    2. Added two backgrounder icons in the folder created in step 1 and named them icon.png and [email protected]
    3. Respringed and rebooted but still nothing.

PLEASE HELP!
    Need to clear icon catch
    Reboot iPhone, not respring

May need to use a capitol "I" for icon.
    Make sure your bundle is correct not only in spelling and format but capitalization.

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!
    2010-10-09 12:38 AM
    [[email protected];5497923]Gorgeous Wallpaper!!!

Thanks
    I've added the wallpaper if ya want it or anyone else
    Attached Files
    2010-10-09 12:43 AM
    I know there are a lot more of you out there who haven't shared your lockscreen modifications, so let's see some of those awesome screenshots! And please try to keep it "family" friendly
    2010-10-09 01:11 AM
    I know there are a lot more of you out there who haven't shared your lockscreen modifications, so let's see some of those awesome screenshots! And please try to keep it "family" friendly
    I know I have already posted mine but I would like to repost with a few changes that I made. I added am/pm thanks to LanMan66, the actual name of the month instead of the number, and the newest addition, the Metallica symbol on the slider which replaces the white orb!
    2010-10-09 02:28 AM
    What is goc updates for again? Link?
    2010-10-09 05:55 AM
    Question TV I've noticed that with the new lock screen on it eats up about 100 megs of memory constantly is this normal ?
    2010-10-09 09:40 AM
    the actual name of the month instead of the number, and the newest addition, the Metallica symbol on the slider which replaces the white orb!
    How did you get the name of the month?
    Is changing the symbol a little harder? or is it how [email protected] was explaining to change the "swipe in" text?
    2010-10-09 01:25 PM
    How did you get the name of the month?
    Is changing the symbol a little harder? or is it how [email protected] was explaining to change the "swipe in" text?
    Ok first go to private/var/stash/themes.To change the name of the month just open up and edit the LockBackground.html on either the G.O.C HD_SlideLockscreen.theme or the Tap to unlock one, depends on which one you are using. On the months array section just change the number inside the " " to the actual month abbreviation like for monthsarray[0] = "1"; change the 1 to Jan. Make sure you make a BACKUP of the file FIRST before you go changing anything! As for the symbol again go to either G.O.C.HD_SlideLockscreen.theme or the tap to unlock one. Go to the Lockscreen folder and replace the Slider_Action.png file with a picture of your choice! I hope this helps and please make BACKUPS of everything you are MODIFYING.
    2010-10-09 02:42 PM
    re limera1n. It's been out for an hour. I'm being a chicken.
    2010-10-10 12:50 AM
    re limera1n. It's been out for an hour. I'm being a chicken.
    Just used it, nice jailbreak, now got G.O.C HD back on 4.1
    2010-10-10 01:05 AM
    Which bootrom are you using. I updated to 4.1 and kept the 01.59.00 bootrom intact. The new one being 2.10.04, which bootrom did you apply limera1n to? Do you know if it will work on either one....

Just to keep on topic here.... glad you got goc hd running on 4.1 Can't wait to do it also, but trying to find out about bootroms first.

thanks.
    2010-10-10 01:11 AM
    Which bootrom are you using. I updated to 4.1 and kept the 01.59.00 bootrom intact. The new one being 2.10.04, which bootrom did you apply limera1n to? Do you know if it will work on either one....

Just to keep on topic here.... glad you got goc hd running on 4.1 Can't wait to do it also, but trying to find out about bootroms first.

thanks.
    I got a new iPhone 4 from the apple store after my other one kept going into a coma instead of sleep (hardware issue) so I'm on the 2.10.04 bootrom.

In all honesty I'm not sure if your saved bootrom is supported, I would maybe wait just a little longer in your case.
    2010-10-10 01:25 AM
    Hello, guys! I'm back

I was looking for this info I need in this thread, but couldn't find it.
    Question: How to I get the Game Center icon orbed?
    I have created a bundle called com.apple.gamecenter and put the [email protected] in there, but no avail. Any ideas?

Another thing I couldn't find: I have no calendar icon. By searching the thread I managed to get the date white, but still no icon... how to solve?
    Last edited by holl0wm1nd; 2010-10-10 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Adding info
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!
    2010-10-10 06:54 AM
2,790 ... 1757656667686977117 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD