It appears you're doing it right, but getting the thumbnail the boards create instead of the actual full size image. A direct link to the original image I posted is here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/attachments...2x_overlay.png

Follow the instructions you've been following but use that above image.
    Thats the ticket.
    Thanks wiredl0ve.
    I think something happens to the images that get uploaded to this forum. They get scaled down or something.
    Anyway this is the new working image.
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-photo.png  
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.
    2010-10-20 02:47 PM
    I need some personal help (probably in more ways then 1...LOL)I am still fighting on how to turn TWCMax and another app called Rescue invisible. I have attempted to follow the instructions in FAQ and nothing works. I may know some things, but this one is kickin my rear.

Request that someone that has extreme knowledge in how to turn apps invisible PM me and help me turn these two icons invisible.

Thank You!
    One thing that may or may not be troubling you with TWCMax is that on their most recent update, they changed the name of the icon files. They were using two low-res files named twcLogo.png and mainLogo.png. On the most recent update, they finally switched to a high-res image. If you are still using those old filenames in your invis bundle, try changing the names to Icon.png and [email protected]. The CFBundleIdentifier stayed the same, only the icon filenames changed. Worked for me.

I don't use Rescue, so I can't speak to that one.

EDIT: As I think about it, I also found out one other difficulty about making apps invisible during this process. Since you have to copy the .app folder to the root Applications folder and rename the old one, this ALSO means that every time the application gets updated in the iTunes App Store, you will have to basically delete the version in the root Applications folder and re-accomplish the process from scratch so that you have the most up-to-date version in the root Applications folder. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by LanMan66; 2010-10-20 at 03:56 PM.
    2010-10-20 03:26 PM
    The only way is iFile. What you are trying to do is like ignoring Explorer on Windows and using Unix or OS X to change files on a Windows system. I have done TWCMax, World Weather and Pocket Weather effortlessly every time using iFile. But good luck using a mallet when you need a phillips screwdriver.

Edit: If you insist on using a mallet(External SSH Tool), try zipping(archiving) the .app folder, copy the zipped file to the /Applications folder and then unzipping.
    Thanks for the reply! You are right, I need to retire my "mallot" and enter the land of iFile. I am very unfamiliar with this tool so need a "iFile for Dummies" tutorial on how to turn the newly released HD Weather and Rescue apps invisible.

What is funny is that 2 years ago, I was afraid/against jailbreaking and now can't live without it and now help with beta testing apps and themes and work a little with code and graphics. Toy and others have taught me so much but I have to open up more and learn these other methods.

Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to the tutorial

One thing that may or may not be troubling you with TWCMax is that on their most recent update, they changed the name of the icon files. They were using two low-res files named twcLogo.png and mainLogo.png. On the most recent update, they finally switched to a high-res image. If you are still using those old filenames in your invis bundle, try changing the names to Icon.png and [email protected]. The CFBundleIdentifier stayed the same, only the icon filenames changed. Worked for me.

I don't use Rescue, so I can't speak to that one.

EDIT: As I think about it, I also found out one other difficulty about making apps invisible during this process. Since you have to copy the .app folder to the root Applications folder and rename the old one, this ALSO means that every time the application gets updated in the iTunes App Store, you will have to basically delete the version in the root Applications folder and re-accomplish the process from scratch so that you have the most up-to-date version in the root Applications folder. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. I tried this last night with the most recent update and failed miserably I ended up with a white square that would not open. My complete utter failure is the lack of how to use iFile with copy and moving. I just don't get how to use iFile. I have also decided to try the new HD Weather. Rescue is an app that dials 911 and sends SMS/emails to family in the event of a heart attack or other incident. I am a cardiac risk because of dbl bypass and CAD. I keep this app on the front but want to move it up under the widget in the center so I can hit it if needed but otherwise it's out of the way.

On a side note...Thanks for your service...2 Thumbs up!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-10-20 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-20 04:38 PM
    It's been a while since anyone posted pics of their lockscreen mods...let's see some more!!!!
    2010-10-20 06:54 PM
    How long does it take cydia to push updates through LOL?!
    Didnt you upload SBSettings yesterday TV?
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.
    2010-10-20 07:06 PM
    How long does it take cydia to push updates through LOL?!
    Didnt you upload SBSettings yesterday TV?
    the general time-frame is 24-48 hours for new submissions to be approved..I anticipate it will be live sometime today, but don't take my word for it
    2010-10-20 07:12 PM
    Thought I would show you my new lockscreen. I have posted the link because it contains strong language and I didn't want to offend anyone.

Imageshack - imagebme.jpg - Uploaded by tomthumb88
    Last edited by tomthumb88; 2010-10-21 at 01:15 AM.
    2010-10-21 01:11 AM
    Ok can anyone please explain to me how to change the "slide in" in the lockscreen mod? I want to make it say METALLICA! Also, how can I change the font of it? And last but not least, can someone make this image to where I can use it with the slider as well? I already have it set but when it moves across a square appears around the image and I unfortunately, do not know how to edit pictures
    2010-10-21 01:42 AM
    Need icons for:
    DTunes
    iBlacklist
    DevTeam
    CrashReporter
    2010-10-21 01:55 AM
    Thanks for the reply! You are right, I need to retire my "mallot" and enter the land of iFile. I am very unfamiliar with this tool so need a "iFile for Dummies" tutorial on how to turn the newly released HD Weather and Rescue apps invisible.

What is funny is that 2 years ago, I was afraid/against jailbreaking and now can't live without it and now help with beta testing apps and themes and work a little with code and graphics. Toy and others have taught me so much but I have to open up more and learn these other methods.

Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to the tutorial

Thanks for the reply. I tried this last night with the most recent update and failed miserably I ended up with a white square that would not open. My complete utter failure is the lack of how to use iFile with copy and moving. I just don't get how to use iFile. I have also decided to try the new HD Weather. Rescue is an app that dials 911 and sends SMS/emails to family in the event of a heart attack or other incident. I am a cardiac risk because of dbl bypass and CAD. I keep this app on the front but want to move it up under the widget in the center so I can hit it if needed but otherwise it's out of the way.

On a side note...Thanks for your service...2 Thumbs up!!!

No problem [email protected], iFile is pretty easy and a pretty amazing program once you get use to using it. To enter any of the editing features, you need to press edit at the top right, than select the file or folder you want to edit. After that the far right icon at the bottom has all your copy, cut, paste features. So all you do is select what you want to copy, go to the location you want to move it to and paste. If you want to search for something, scroll all the way to the top to see the search box, select "Hierachy" when doing a search. Hope this helps.

Need icons for:
    DTunes
    iBlacklist
    DevTeam
    CrashReporter
    Please visit the first page and follow the instruction for requesting icons.
    Last edited by Geekbro; 2010-10-21 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-21 04:44 AM
    Ok can anyone please explain to me how to change the "slide in" in the lockscreen mod? I want to make it say METALLICA! Also, how can I change the font of it? And last but not least, can someone make this image to where I can use it with the slider as well? I already have it set but when it moves across a square appears around the image and I unfortunately, do not know how to edit pictures
    Here you go mate. Threw it together quickly so it's not the best I could do. If you don't like anything let me know and i'll put a bit more effort in (Daughters 4th birthday today. The missus is on my back lol.)

I have included a black version and a white version of the slider text so use which ever one you like. (White version cant't be seen because of white forum background but they are there.)
    As for the logo I didn't do the exact same image you posted but just a black one. It looks poor on a pc screen but good on the iphone screen.

To apply these you need to SSH into var/stash/themes/G.O.C. HD/G.O.C. HD_SlideLockscreen.theme/Lockscreen and replace the files in there (minus the _White etc.)

Hope you like it. Message me if you want any altered.
    Attached Thumbnails [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-slider_black.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-slider_detail_black.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-slider_detail_white.png   [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-slider_white.png  
    Attached Images [RELEASE] G.O.C. HD by ToyVan-slider_action_black.png 
    Last edited by tomthumb88; 2010-10-21 at 12:39 PM.
    2010-10-21 12:10 PM
    Hi

Apologies if this question has been answered but can't find a solution to the problem I have. I have loaded the new HD theme onto my phone (3Gs ios4.1 jailbroken with limera1n)and the icons on the home page haven't 'orbed' nor have the weather and calendar icons gone transparent. I have cleared the cache and rebooted. Help gratefully appreciated. Ian
    2010-10-21 12:43 PM
    Itz been a minute. Just wanted to say, Whut up Cholo?

i almost bust out a rap

hehehe
    2010-10-21 01:32 PM
    Well thanks for this I really appreciate it. However I really just wanted a tutorial on how to change it myself so if you can please explain to me how you did it that would be awesome! Also, I would really like to use the logo I had as it looks better with the darker backgrounds I use. Don't fret it though enjoy your daughters birthday, man they grow up so fast. my oldest is 5.

Here you go mate. Threw it together quickly so it's not the best I could do. If you don't like anything let me know and i'll put a bit more effort in (Daughters 4th birthday today. The missus is on my back lol.)

I have included a black version and a white version of the slider text so use which ever one you like. (White version cant't be seen because of white forum background but they are there.)
    As for the logo I didn't do the exact same image you posted but just a black one. It looks poor on a pc screen but good on the iphone screen.

To apply these you need to SSH into var/stash/themes/G.O.C. HD/G.O.C. HD_SlideLockscreen.theme/Lockscreen and replace the files in there (minus the _White etc.)

Hope you like it. Message me if you want any altered.
    Last edited by Delicate Donut; 2010-10-21 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-21 02:14 PM
    Yeah no worries mate. I'll write a detailed tutorial when my daughter goes to bed. I tried to make your logo better but I failed miserably. I'll give it another go later and include it in the tut. Yeah they do grow up fast. My daughter is 4 today and my boy is due on the 2nd of January.
    2010-10-21 02:24 PM
    Yeah no worries mate. I'll write a detailed tutorial when my daughter goes to bed. I tried to make your logo better but I failed miserably. I'll give it another go later and include it in the tut. Yeah they do grow up fast. My daughter is 4 today and my boy is due on the 2nd of January.
    Well congratulations man! Like I said don't worry about it I can try to figure it out myself just enjoy the rest of the day.
    2010-10-21 03:10 PM
    No problem [email protected], iFile is pretty easy and a pretty amazing program once you get use to using it. To enter any of the editing features, you need to press edit at the top right, than select the file or folder you want to edit. After that the far right icon at the bottom has all your copy, cut, paste features. So all you do is select what you want to copy, go to the location you want to move it to and paste. If you want to search for something, scroll all the way to the top to see the search box, select "Hierachy" when doing a search. Hope this helps.
    Okay, I have taken the big jump and using nothing but iFile, completed all of the steps in post 60. The apps still work and do not crash like before but the apps are now square and not invisible. Both are the same. What am I doing wrong???
    2010-10-21 05:16 PM
    Hi

Apologies if this question has been answered but can't find a solution to the problem I have. I have loaded the new HD theme onto my phone (3Gs ios4.1 jailbroken with limera1n)and the icons on the home page haven't 'orbed' nor have the weather and calendar icons gone transparent. I have cleared the cache and rebooted. Help gratefully appreciated. Ian

G.O.C. HD is for iPhone 4 only and will not work properly on 3GS..u need G.O.C. Pro if u have a 3GS or older device

G.O.C. PRO(official support thread):

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...me-toyvan.html

Itz been a minute. Just wanted to say, Whut up Cholo?
    i almost bust out a rap : hehehe
    Yo! It's been a while..where u been hiding?
    2010-10-21 07:57 PM
    Hi Guys -

I admit it; I'm fairly new at this and have now spent nearly an entire day trying to figure out how to do a few, likely easy things.

1. I want to put the weather condition on the top instead of the name with the weather theme

2. I want to somehow put an icon that fits for the clock. All I have now is this silly over-sized clock icon, and I'm sure its there somewhere.

3. I want to have the calendar and weather hidden icons repeated on all the pages so all I have to do is press. I have gridlock which works great.

4. I want to figure out a way, and I'm sure its somewhere in the 120 pages of this theme, how the heck to get rid of the clock in the middle of the status bar.

5. Finally, is there a lockscreen that works better with lockinfo? I don't mind it, but there probably is a better one that someone has come across.

All I can say is I'm sorry if its all been asked, and if you tell me a page I'll find my way, lol. I'm good at that. Actually I am pretty good at ssh and iFile too anymore, but having a few "technical" difficulties.

Thanks for the help
    2010-10-21 10:25 PM
    As promised, the official G.O.C. HD SBSettings! Nothing fancy..just clean, simple and functional - I will be submitting it to Cydia shortly..Cheers!

CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL-SIZE
    Looks great TV!!!!finally i can use a matching sbsettings theme!!!
    My Twitter....powderfinger76
    2010-10-21 10:48 PM
2,790 ... 3171798081828391131 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD