I was in the library last night preparing for an exam and let me friend play around w/my iPad for awhile. Didn't pay attention to what she did but when I got home and went to sync my iPad with my macbook it did not detect the power source.
    The iPad detects a connection to the wall charge once and that's only after a hard reset but no luck producing those results when trying to connect to the computer.

I tried putting it in DFU mode (and was successful, I think) hoping that this would clear any software issues but no luck.
    I put it into restore mode (which only last for minutes) and then the screen returns to the original home screen (as if it was never went through the process/still jailbroken and data loaded on to it)

Because my iPad won't detect the connection to the computer, I was wondering what my next step should be?

I would say genius bar but the iPad is jailbroken via JailbreakMe (shows a couple of lines when powering on and cydia is installed) and from what I hear that voids the warranty.

Thanks in advance

info:
    device: iPad (wifi only) 32GB
    software: 3.2.1
    using a Macbook and iTunes 10
    Sent from my Apple Device
    Jayseepro
    2010-09-17 03:29 PM
    2010-09-17 03:50 PM
    That actually a great idea to do,then go in and manually remove the cydia app (or at least the icon)?

Unfortunately I kept attempting the DFU mode trick and now I'm stuck at the "Power On" screen (black background with apple logo) and because it's J/B there two lines are appearing too.

Any suggestions on how to get past this (remembering that the iPad is not detecting power sources) so I can at least get back to the home screen to do what you suggested?

UPDATE!!!
    I managed to get to the recovery screen (itunes logo w/USB cord) while connected to my macbook and now I'm stuck here, with no detection between the iPad and Macbook. Still think there's a hardware issue with the connector pins in the iPad.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by JayseePro; 2010-09-17 at 04:49 PM. Reason: UPDATE!!
    Jayseepro
    2010-09-17 04:12 PM
    It's your cable.
    2010-09-26 12:41 AM
    Ok, you need to try a different USB port, different computer and a different cable. Try all of those. Also, check the dock connector port for dust or corrosion. If it is corroded, good luck. They will not service it if the water damage stickers are tripped.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2010-09-30 02:49 PM
    Jailbreaking does not void the hardware warranty that's illegal !!!!!!
    2010-10-06 02:40 AM
    @lightfighter, how would I go about bringing that up at the Genius Bar?
    Jayseepro
    2010-10-11 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD