Is there a way to remove the gradient from apple's implementation of the home screen wallpaper? Or, is there a way to make the battery/clock bar be transparent instead of black if you go the winterboard route? I also would like to have the icon text be backgroundless mode as well. Are there any plist's I can edit to get these affects? Also, being new here, where should this post have gone?

Edit: I found the wallpaper gradient png's under /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and /System/Library/Private/Frameworks/SpringBoardUI.framework . However removing the icon shadows and icon name shadows still eludes me.
    Last edited by nekotron; 2010-09-22 at 05:29 PM.
    2010-09-22 01:22 AM
    Is there a way to remove the gradient from apple's implementation of the home screen wallpaper? Or, is there a way to make the battery/clock bar be transparent instead of black if you go the winterboard route? I also would like to have the icon text be backgroundless mode as well. Are there any plist's I can edit to get these affects? Also, being new here, where should this post have gone?

Edit: I found the wallpaper gradient png's under /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app . However removing the icon shadows and icon name shadows still eludes me.
    If your on 4. whatever it should be

WallpaperIconShadow.png (Shadow behind icons on springboard)

iphone 4 add @2x.png
    2010-09-22 06:56 AM
    I thought I had done that, but I didn't realize that removing a file wasn't good enough. I wasn't aware that you had to actually replace the file.
    2010-09-22 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD