Hi there,

I did copy the fonts from the ../4.2.1 to the /System/Library/Fonts/Cache folder on my iPhone4 running on iOS 4.2.1 and replaced the original ones like described in the tutorial video, but the fonts didn't change

What did I wrong?

Greetz Budokoromo
    Same here.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

2011-02-10 01:22 AM
    Alright, this theme is smoking hot...however, I have run into 6 very nasty problems. #1 EW Lock [email protected] is not included in the package and isn't available for download (how do I get this). #2 EW [email protected] isn't included in the package and isn't available for download (how do I get this). #3 Engraved wood [email protected] isn't included in the package (again, how do I get this since it isn't hosted on the file server) #4 and #5 are we getting the pattern here? All the bundles aren't active or available and I have paid for this theme. Lastly, #6 Iconoclasm isn't really your problem but you use it in your theme and it isn't available for 4.2.1. If you can give me some guidance on #1-5 I'll be content to wait for iconoclasm, but if I can't get the mods you have that are for your theme I'll feel like I have wasted my money and be very unhappy and tell people that I am unhappy because you hurt my feelings.
    2011-02-10 09:41 AM
    Foundforgood,

The second one is definitely perfect! Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Now another point (last thing to have everything themed): after upgrading to 4.2.1, I no longer have the EW's background in my folders...
    Taking a quick look at the files, everything appears to be normal. Any clue?
    Unless there was any updates from Folder Enhancer that changed the folder, there shouldnt be an issue. What source did you get it from (cydia, ithemesky, themeit) and can u send me a screenshot? I can maybe send you the file manually and hope that it works.

Same here.
    Send me an email at [email protected] and ill forward you the fonts. There seems to have been something corrupt in one of the sources, cuz ive had this complaint alot lately.

Alright, this theme is smoking hot...however, I have run into 6 very nasty problems. #1 EW Lock [email protected] is not included in the package and isn't available for download (how do I get this). #2 EW [email protected] isn't included in the package and isn't available for download (how do I get this). #3 Engraved wood [email protected] isn't included in the package (again, how do I get this since it isn't hosted on the file server) #4 and #5 are we getting the pattern here? All the bundles aren't active or available and I have paid for this theme. Lastly, #6 Iconoclasm isn't really your problem but you use it in your theme and it isn't available for 4.2.1. If you can give me some guidance on #1-5 I'll be content to wait for iconoclasm, but if I can't get the mods you have that are for your theme I'll feel like I have wasted my money and be very unhappy and tell people that I am unhappy because you hurt my feelings.
    1/2/3/4/5) are they still not available (they should be)? i assume through cydia, right? let me know if not, and if you send me your paypal receipt ill forward it to you or something. It may just be easier to give you a promocode for themeit, if thats conveinent for you. but i do need a paypal receipt of your purchase. email me at [email protected]

6) yeah, i cant do much about iconoclasm. There is one tip i noticed though: if you bought it on 4.1 or earlier, it WILL WORK AND DOWNLOAD on 4.2.1. So if you have a device on an earlier FW just buy and download it there, and then download it on your 4.2.1 ios device. Should work fine (it did for me) but I am not making any guarantees.

Sorry i hurt your feelings my friend Just email me cuz i give better support by email, and we will be sure to get you up and running! (include in your email something saying ur the guy from modmyi who has been having so much trouble getting the add-ons)
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-10 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iDevice Theme Developer: Engraved Wood, Etched Glass
    2011-02-10 03:19 PM
    Unless there was any updates from Folder Enhancer that changed the folder, there shouldnt be an issue. What source did you get it from (cydia, ithemesky, themeit) and can u send me a screenshot? I can maybe send you the file manually and hope that it works.
    Alright, got it!
    On 4.2.1 the folder background file is called "[email protected]" instead of [email protected].
    Now I got the BG working.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!
    2011-02-10 04:03 PM
    Alright, got it!
    On 4.2.1 the folder background file is called "[email protected]" instead of [email protected].
    Now I got the BG working.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Thanks for pointing that out bud. Ill be sure to add that for the update.

Just a heads up, keep an eye out for a theme update next week, a new icons add-on next week (should include 150+ icons), and follow my twitter (http://www.twitter.com/foundforgood89) for a new concept art of my new theme to come later in spring (or before hopefully).

:-) it will carry over the weather widget ;-)
    2011-02-10 06:42 PM
    Thanks for pointing that out bud. Ill be sure to add that for the update.

Just a heads up, keep an eye out for a theme update next week, a new icons add-on next week (should include 150+ icons), and follow my twitter (Foundforgood89 (Foundforgood89) on Twitter) for a new concept art of my new theme to come later in spring (or before hopefully).

:-) it will carry over the weather widget ;-)
    You're welcome!
    If I may, just one minor detail you can include in your update: the text in the iFile loader reads "iFiles" with an "s"
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!
    2011-02-10 06:50 PM
    You're welcome!
    If I may, just one minor detail you can include in your update: the text in the iFile loader reads "iFiles" with an "s"
    Haha, ill get on that if i have the time :-)

First real theme review is up after 4 months! check out iDevice Daily's take on Engraved Wood:
    [Theme] HD Engraved Wood Theme Adds Style To Your iPhone or iPod. [video] | iDevice Daily

2011-02-10 09:00 PM
    After much soul searching, and digging into my phone, I figured out the problem. When I jail broke the phone, for whatever reason, I was missing a great deal of sources so the issue wasn't the you. I did a full restore and another jail break and then presto...everything just began to work. Unfortunately, Iconoclasm still is a no go but at least I am able to have the full theme with all of the huge files that accompany it. So, I simply need to finish the slight tweaking and I should be good. I do have one question though, on the lock screen, does the lock widget include the weather settings that you show or is that like a version of inteli-screen or something?

My feelings are no longer hurt, I do feel bad for not doing my homework before making the comments I did when the problem was my own. Thanks a million for your help. I would have sent you an email but wanted people to know that the fault was mine and not yours.

Thanks again.
    2011-02-10 09:05 PM
    After much soul searching, and digging into my phone, I figured out the problem. When I jail broke the phone, for whatever reason, I was missing a great deal of sources so the issue wasn't the you. I did a full restore and another jail break and then presto...everything just began to work. Unfortunately, Iconoclasm still is a no go but at least I am able to have the full theme with all of the huge files that accompany it. So, I simply need to finish the slight tweaking and I should be good. I do have one question though, on the lock screen, does the lock widget include the weather settings that you show or is that like a version of inteli-screen or something?

My feelings are no longer hurt, I do feel bad for not doing my homework before making the comments I did when the problem was my own. Thanks a million for your help. I would have sent you an email but wanted people to know that the fault was mine and not yours.

Thanks again.
    The lock weather widget will give you the bar across the top with the weather description, the slider bar, and the weather backgrounds. It also gives the glazed box for the lockinfo settings. However, the 5day weather descriptions, calendar, mail, etc is all lockinfo.

Glad you got it working bud :-) No worries, you should see all the emails from people who don't do any research at all! I used to get about 30 support emails a day before I made the installation videos :-D

2011-02-10 09:22 PM
    Very nice theme. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for your your next theme!

Very nice theme. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for your your next theme!
    Last edited by iPhoneMuscle; 2011-02-11 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-02-11 12:19 AM
    This theme is the best of all times so far! Now only if you made it for the ipad!!! (I'd pay triple )
    2011-02-11 02:13 AM

This theme is the best of all times so far! Now only if you made it for the ipad!!! (I'd pay triple )
    Thanks guys. I really hope I can get an iPad and start experimenting with it soon. I need to earn a bit more cash though, and also waiting on apple to release the 2G for me ;-)

2011-02-11 05:22 PM
    Thanks for a great theme! Managed to customize home screen and dock (it will be nice when Iconoclasm is working on 4.2.1, though it looks pretty good using Gridlock). For some reason the fonts (4.2.1) did not change though I followed your instructions on the video word for word. Any suggestions?

Additionally, I'd like to see if you've got themed icons for the following apps: APOD (Astronomy Pic of the Day), AroundMe, Discovery (channel), DoodleJump, eBanner Lite, Flick Fishing, Hubble, Jigsaw, Labyrinth 3D, Maps, Restaurants, ScoreCenter (ESPN icon would do), SmackTalk, Solar Walk, and TalkingCarl.

Thanks for your help!
    2011-02-12 06:00 PM
    I don't know for sure but the font may not be compatible with 4.2.1.. Foundforgood may know for sure.

As for the icons, I know DoodleJump and Maps are themed. To fix the Maps icon, you should just need to change the case from lower to upper or vice versa. Mine wasn't themed either at first but that fixed it. I made a DoodleJump icon but it may not have been posted here yet. Did you get the pack of icons that Foundforgood posted previously in this thread?

As for the rest of the icons, if you could get the large 512x512 version of them from iTunes and post them zipped up here, Foundforgood or I will get to them as soon as we can.
    Last edited by The6uest; 2011-02-12 at 06:31 PM.
    2011-02-12 06:28 PM
    Good word. Yes, I downloaded the additional icons. Some were useful. Still can't find DoodleJump nor Maps in the directory (upper or lower case). Maybe you could post them here. Meanwhile, I'll get those other icons to you ASAP. Thanks!
    2011-02-12 06:34 PM
    Look in /var/stash/Themes.xxxx/Engraved [email protected]/Bundles/com.apple.Maps for the "[email protected]" or "[email protected]".

I must have done the DoodleJump icon later then. It should be included in the next batch though.
    2011-02-12 06:56 PM
    Found the Map icon. Looks great! Thanks! I am attaching the iTunes 512 pix images for the requested icons. Please note:
    1. I chose a different icon for the Restaurant app, since the app icon is rather weak.
    2. The icons for Astronomy Pic of the Day, Hubble and Jigsaw might not translate too well to E.W., so feel free to simplify the design.

Thanks for your awesome contributions! HD E.W. my favorite theme! Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-aroundme.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-astronomy-picture-day.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-discovery-channel.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-ebanner-lite.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-espn-scorecenter.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-favorites-speed-dial-sms-mms-email-photos.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-flick-fishing.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-hubble.png  

Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-jigsaw_-nature.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-restaurant_icon.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-smacktalk-.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-solar-walk-3d-solar-system-model-christmas-edition.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-talking-carl.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-wooden-labyrinth-3d-free.png  
    2011-02-12 08:02 PM
    Hi Foundforgood and The6uest,

do you think u guys can theme this 3 icons for me.

WhatsApp ShowNearby and ebuddy Pro respectively

Thx guys!!
    Attached Thumbnails Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-whatsapp-messenger.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-shownearby.png   Engraved Wood HD v2.0.0-ebuddy-pro-messenger.png  
    2011-02-13 06:14 AM
    Thanks for a great theme! Managed to customize home screen and dock (it will be nice when Iconoclasm is working on 4.2.1, though it looks pretty good using Gridlock). For some reason the fonts (4.2.1) did not change though I followed your instructions on the video word for word. Any suggestions?

Additionally, I'd like to see if you've got themed icons for the following apps: APOD (Astronomy Pic of the Day), AroundMe, Discovery (channel), DoodleJump, eBanner Lite, Flick Fishing, Hubble, Jigsaw, Labyrinth 3D, Maps, Restaurants, ScoreCenter (ESPN icon would do), SmackTalk, Solar Walk, and TalkingCarl.

Thanks for your help!
    The fonts should work for 4.2.1. However, I am beginning to believe one of the sources has packaged it so that some files are unfortunatly corrupt. For those people having problems with font files, iconoclasm layout files, or any other features that dont work, just email me at [email protected]

For the icons, please provide 512x512 copies of the originals. It makes it alot easier and faster to make them. You can get them by following the directions in the Icon Making video (first post)

EDIT:

My bad, didnt notice that you already had :-) lol

Me and The6uest will get to them ASAP. I am really busy trying to finish the update for this week, along with working on finishing enough of my new theme that I can post a concept art on my twitter (follow to see it when its released!) If you could The6uest, It would be awesome if you could do what you can, and just let me know if you have any trouble with any and ill give em a try.

PS. haven't taken a look at your newest batch yet The6uest, been SO busy. Ill look at them tomorrow.
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 2011-02-13 at 07:10 AM.

2011-02-13 07:06 AM
    Just purchased the theme and wonder if there is a lockscreen wallpaper for non-lockinfo user and a homescreen wallpaper with normal dock?
    2011-02-13 11:20 AM
640 ... 2101112131422 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD