User Tag List

Fellows I need some help. I've read all the tutorial and a did a few searches both here and in google regarding JB this iTouch I got from my daughter and I'm a bit concerned turning it into a brick.

Here is what we have:
    iPod Touch 3G, 32gig
    Version: 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Model: MC008LL

Everything I've read says to use Spirit. I was going to use it but I have iTunes 9.2.1.5, Spirit's site mentions to use any version between 9 and earlier than 9.2
    Does this mean that after I JB with Spirit I can not use a later version of iTunes?

Can someone please advise what options I have in order to Jailbreak. I tried updating to OS4.0 using triny umbrella with no luck, get errors. I saved the shsh but it says I only have 4.1 saved since this is the first time I use it.

Many thanks for you help.
    2010-09-30 05:38 PM
    Just use jailbreakme.com and you dont have to worry about what itunes version you have.
    2010-09-30 06:00 PM
    I thought that jailbreakme.com only worked on OS 4.0 to 4.0.1 and not for 3g ipod touch. Is this not so?

Keep in mind that I can not upgrade and have v 3.1.2.
    I'm a bit new at this, thank you for your help.
    2010-09-30 06:08 PM
    jailbreakme.com works on 3.1.2/3.1.3/4.0/4.0.1 on all idevices.
    2010-09-30 06:11 PM
    Many thanks for the confirmation! Will try this later on.

I read some of the instructions, and there is a mentioned to try to sync to itunes first, not sure why if it's done through the itouch safari?
    2010-09-30 06:18 PM
    You dont need to sync for first. That is probably just so that you do a backup just in case something goes wrong.
    2010-09-30 06:20 PM
    Wanted to report that it worked! jailbreakme had a message that I had an older 3.1.2 version should update to 4.0 that it might not work. I tried it and it bombed out at first, tried again and it worked.

Some apps did not load at first. I deleted quite a few apps my daughter had and the apps needed open fine after this. I told her to reload anything I deleted I had deleted.

Many thanks for confirming all of this information that was a bit confusing.
    2010-10-01 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD