still aint working
    2011-04-14 09:10 PM
    still aint working
    shoot email to [email protected]
    2011-04-14 09:16 PM
    Could someone kindly guide me on how to use my wallpaper with the ephd weather widget 2 on 4.3.1 using iFile? I've done a few searches on this issue, and i've read that I need to change the wallpaper.png or something like that (whatever that means), so i'm left confused. Much thanks in advance for your time.
    2011-04-14 11:09 PM
    Could someone kindly guide me on how to use my wallpaper with the ephd weather widget 2 on 4.3.1 using iFile? I've done a few searches on this issue, and i've read that I need to change the wallpaper.png or something like that (whatever that means), so i'm left confused. Much thanks in advance for your time.
    navigate to wherever your wallpaper is located then copy it...navigate to /Themes/EPHD Weather4.2/Wallpaper and paste in Wallpaper folder...make sure is named: 1.png
    2011-04-14 11:29 PM
    Any developers of this theme object to me uploading to cydia a lite version of this theme that just mods the icons, telephone, calculator and a few other basics?
    2011-04-15 12:12 AM
    Any developers of this theme object to me uploading to cydia a lite version of this theme that just mods the icons, telephone, calculator and a few other basics?
    i would suggest you send email to Bars about this.....

[email protected].....
    2011-04-15 12:13 AM
    2011-04-15 12:30 AM
    already did but thanks
    Then why ask here and not wait for him to get back to you? If I were you I wouldn't upload any parts of this theme to Cydia or otherwise unless you have DIRECT consent from Rob. Just saying
    2011-04-15 01:08 AM
    I can almost assure you that he will not let you do that... it's his theme and if there was going to be a light version out there he'd make it. Besides when you upload to cydia you have to agree that you are posting stuff that you have created or have the rights to... I really wouldn't count on him saying yes
    2011-04-15 01:10 AM
    Then why ask here and not wait for him to get back to you?
    because there are other developers who seem to know a lot about this theme and figured they helped with it?

i get it, its his stuff, why shouldn't he get paid for it after all cydia is all about the corporate lockdown of funds and not sharing unless paid(insert sarcasm here). I guess i'll just edit a few things to make it original and then upload it. thanks for the advice!
    2011-04-15 01:19 AM
    because there are other developers who seem to know a lot about this theme and figured they helped with it?

i get it, its his stuff, why shouldn't he get paid for it after all cydia is all about the corporate lockdown of funds and not sharing unless paid(insert sarcasm here). I guess i'll just edit a few things to make it original and then upload it. thanks for the advice!
    We aren't trying to come across as rude we have just been around for a while. I can promise you that if you change his files around like that it will get removed from cydia or themeit after you have it posted... on one of the official repos Barsoverbeats is one of the most recognized themers and the powers at be will most likely do as he asks... this has been done before that's why I'm letting you know.
    2011-04-15 01:25 AM
    cydia doesn't allow competition? I mean of course I wouldn't feel the need to charge all these people for a hobby I do in my free time but why wouldn't I be allowed to upload a theme that looks similar to one of the other thousands of themes on cydia??
    i just want to understand what the deal is with why everyone thinks the rob owns a silver border or a more metallic battery icon or a chrome carrier logo?

Mod edit ( Do not talk about pirated repos on mmi!)
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2011-04-15 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-04-15 01:34 AM
    cydia doesn't allow competition? I mean of course I wouldn't feel the need to charge all these people for a hobby I do in my free time but why wouldn't I be allowed to upload a theme that looks similar to one of the other thousands of themes on cydia??

are you not aware of the other 15 themes, most free, that look exactly like his? and what about insanely repo or sinful iphone repo? they upload the exact theme for free? I guess i just want to understand what the deal is with why everyone thinks the rob owns a silver border or a more metallic battery icon or a chrome carrier logo?
    not similar... if you modify his stuff and then post it as your work... that's the issue... he does allow for mods to be added to his package I know this because I did some.

There was another theme that got put out there called Razor HD and the guy did copy ephd stuff and it got removed from every place I've seen it
    2011-04-15 01:35 AM
    It would be considered the farthest stretch of copyright infringement if I was trying to harm or take monetary value away from his product. Also if i reproduced his work. Unfortunately his theme isn't copyrighted, and the Lite version of the theme that I personally have produced, that is, a product of my hands and computer and imagination, is not his theme, it's mine. A chrysler 300 may look like a phantom but they are different cars not even in the same market.

I can't fathom that an original theme would be removed from cydia for a simple reason that someone thinks it resembles another theme.
    2011-04-15 01:43 AM
    Did you even pay for the theme at all? Just cause it's posted "free" on cracker jack repos doesn't mean it is. Modifying another's work and hosting it is not allowed dude. That's the point that is trying to be made to you. I strongly suggest as well you stop naming other repos on here. This is the official thread for the paid theme.
    2011-04-15 01:46 AM
    Did you even pay for the theme at all?
    Yes? Did you not read my original post?

Modifying another's work and hosting it is not allowed dude.
    So rob can do that but no one else? like i said before, he didn't create those sounds, he thought they sounded good and assigned them to certain items. He didn't create the pictures in the icons. It is his theme because he creatively organized it all together in that format. Parts of the theme are simply modified work from somewhere else.

I strongly suggest as well you stop naming other repos on here.
    Why? Is it like saying bomb on an airplane?

Modmyi is a great forum until people like you think that your better than everyone else because you have a small circle of friends that can develop a theme and charge people for it making money. Cydia is not intended to be a business. Who cares if i design a theme that looks like someone elses? I am not charging for it, not gaining anything from it, I just want to share a theme with people that I enjoy.

This is the official thread for the paid theme.
    I am aware of that, which is why we are discussing a theme inspired by this theme. When robs cyber body guards started attacking me saying I can't produce my own product and upload it to cydia.

However this is getting off topic and i wont say anything else about it. I value being able to post on this forum more than fighting with other people on here. I will start another thread if I have anymore questions about posting my theme.
    Last edited by broncosi; 2011-04-15 at 02:01 AM.
    2011-04-15 01:58 AM
    It would be considered the farthest stretch of copyright infringement if I was trying to harm or take monetary value away from his product. Also if i reproduced his work. Unfortunately his theme isn't copyrighted, and the Lite version of the theme that I personally have produced, that is, a product of my hands and computer and imagination, is not his theme, it's mine. A chrysler 300 may look like a phantom but they are different cars not even in the same market.

I can't fathom that an original theme would be removed from cydia for a simple reason that someone thinks it resembles another theme.
    not resembles... the guy was using robs layer styles and it was very evident. Be inspired by his work by all means just don't copy it was all I was saying.
    2011-04-15 02:08 AM
    not resembles... the guy was using robs layer styles and it was very evident. Be inspired by his work by all means just don't copy it was all I was saying.
    Thank you, i can honestly say you are very kind and educational through all of your posts and PMs
    2011-04-15 02:10 AM
    Yes? Did you not read my original post?

So rob can do that but no one else? like i said before, he didn't create those sounds, he thought they sounded good and assigned them to certain items. He didn't create the pictures in the icons. It is his theme because he creatively organized it all together in that format. Parts of the theme are simply modified work from somewhere else.

Why? Is it like saying bomb on an airplane?

Modmyi is a great forum until people like you think that your better than everyone else because you have a small circle of friends that can develop a theme and charge people for it making money. Cydia is not intended to be a business. Who cares if i design a theme that looks like someone elses? I am not charging for it, not gaining anything from it, I just want to share a theme with people that I enjoy.

I am aware of that, which is why we are discussing a theme inspired by this theme. When robs cyber body guards started attacking me saying I can't produce my own product and upload it to cydia.

However this is getting off topic and i wont say anything else about it. I value being able to post on this forum more than fighting with other people on here. I will start another thread if I have anymore questions about posting my theme.
    Talking about and promoting pirate sites is not allowed on MMi...read the rules...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2011-04-15 02:11 AM
    Talking about and promoting pirate sites is not allowed on MMi...read the rules...

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Indeed and it will get your post reported

Thank you, i can honestly say you are very kind and educational through all of your posts and PMs
    My only advice is please don't pick fights with people who obviously have put their time in. If you ask us nicely we will respond that way if it gets offensive some of us will not respond so nicely
    Last edited by eenofonn; 2011-04-15 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-04-15 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD