Thank you! Very kind of you! =)
    2010-10-17 06:56 AM
    hi doreen,
    can you point me where i can change settings for rss and weather? i want to change it so it only checks weather and updates rss feeds every 3 hours.

thanks

Hi doreen
    can you help me out with the 3 files found in com.apple.springboard? Its not compatible with my iphone 3gs. the grass doesnt show up in the dock area.

thanks
    Last edited by mcruz; 2010-10-17 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-17 09:28 AM
    Sorry for the delay. As for the settings to change the update intervals you need to change it in (2) places.

1. In the Animations Addon Theme folder look for the "functions.js" file and find: var updateInterval = 15;
    (change the 15 mins to whatever minutes you desire)

2. In the second and main theme folder look for the "configureMe.js" file and find: var updateInterval = 15 //Minutes

I've designed all my current animated themes to work on the iPhone 4 so my grass dock will need to be either resized for the 3Gs or replaced w/ a dock from one of your other themes. Just pull out another dock from one of your themes for your 3Gs and resized the grass dock it will need to be made much smaller.

Actually (I'm still half asleep so excuse me) just send me a dock from another theme you have for your 3Gs I need the dimensions and I'll make you another grass dock that will work on your 3Gs. I didn't even know my current themes are working on the 3Gs so thanks for mentioning that. You have my email address so shoot me an old dock...
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-10-17 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-17 06:41 PM
    sent those images through mail. i hope theyre the right ones. thanks in advance
    2010-10-18 03:04 AM
    Okay you should have it by now, check your mail. =)
    2010-10-18 03:16 AM
    it works perfectly doreen! i renamed the file to SBDockBG.png and dropped it to bundle/springboard folder. i have a perfect theme thanks to you!
    2010-10-18 03:42 AM
    Anyone tested it on a 3GS?
    works perfectly. you should try it too

hi doreen
    its been raining here in the philippines and i was wondering why both outside and christmas theme shows clouds and santa clause when weather says light rain? how can i make it rain instead?

thanks
    Last edited by mcruz; 2010-10-19 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-19 06:33 AM
    If it says "Light Rain" on the very top under the status bar then it should be raining so either you need to be sure that "Both" the Animation Add On Folder "AND" the main theme folders are both set to the same location and update intervals.

The reason is if the location is set in the theme folder but not the animation addon folder then the animations will not match up w/ the changing wallpapers in the theme folder. (Hope that makes sense)

Also if the Time intervals are not both set to update at the same time in "Both" folders then once again the wallpapers will update to the current weather and the animations will not update at the "same time" (Hope that makes sense)

If you're seeing Clouds then the location is still set to my location cuz it's cloudy where I live so please double check everything that I just posted okay? And let me know...

1. Change your weather location in the main Weather Theme Folder by locating the configureMe.js file in the Theme folder and then locate this line of code: var locale = "90012" (insert your zip in between the parenthesis)

2. Change your weather location in the Animation Addon Theme Folder by locating the locationHere.js file in the Animation Addon Theme folder and then locate this line of code: var locale = "90012" (insert your zip in between the parenthesis)

-----------------------------------------------------
    1. In the Animations Addon Theme folder look for the "functions.js" file and find: var updateInterval = 15;

2. In the second and main theme folder look for the "configureMe.js" file and find: var updateInterval = 15 //Minutes
    Last edited by Doreen; 2010-10-19 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-19 06:44 AM
    no wonder i didnt edit the one inside animation. thank you doreen for all your help
    Last edited by mcruz; 2010-10-19 at 06:52 AM.
    2010-10-19 06:45 AM
    That's what I thought the Animation Addon Folder is the culprit you need to put your location in there and also make sure to have your update intervals set to the same time interval as well. (Instructions are posted up above your post^^^) but once again for the location in the Animation folder:
    2. Change your weather location in the Animation Addon Theme Folder by locating the locationHere.js file in the Animation Addon Theme folder and then locate this line of code: var locale = "90012" (insert your zip in between the parenthesis)
    2010-10-19 06:50 AM
    i already did and everything really works great now. its raining in both outside and christmas themes.

youre the best!
    2010-10-19 07:00 AM
    Hooray!!! (You did good!)
    2010-10-19 07:02 AM
    Hey Doreen. Just curious about something. Pretty sure ya can't but is it possible to make a windshield wiper for rain?
    2010-10-20 12:55 PM
    Hi! It's my favorite magician!

The Windshield wiper is just an HTC ani and I need to find it around on the internet and sure I can add it. But I'm finishing up a completely new Theme atm it's The Buuf Weather Theme:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...phone-4-a.html

as soon as I finish that one I'll try to find the HTC windshield wiper so give me about a week or so on that okay? =)
    2010-10-20 08:30 PM
    Ohhhhh I may have to gets me that other one. I am on the road but may snatch the other one up when I get back home. No rush on the wiper.
    2010-10-20 09:07 PM
    I just installed it.I must say I'm pretty impressed with how clean and crisp this theme is. Great job.
    2010-10-22 05:27 AM
    "Thank you" yes unfortunately the screenshots do it no justice but everyone is amazed when they load it up on the iPhone 4 w/ it's retina display. (thank you again!)

Enjoy!
    2010-10-22 05:45 AM
    Any luck on the Windshield Wiper ani Doreen?
    2010-10-31 05:05 AM
    Somebody was kind enough to forward the static images for the Windshield Wiper but I need the animated .gif ones from the HTC phone and I can't seem to locate those ones (I had them extracted from my other phone but I had a hard drive crash and lost everything and apparently the images were on there and lost as well) But if I do locate the HTC animations on the web somewhere I will post info regarding an update on this theme. Not sure how it will look on this theme but I'm willing to try it out and see it.
    2010-10-31 05:15 AM
    I have a drops and wiper.gif I could send ya..
    2010-10-31 05:24 AM
177 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD