Hey everyone,
    So i tried jailbreaking a friend's ipod 3g, 3.1.3, and at first i had some trouble with redsn0w but then i remembered spirit so i successfully jailbroke it. then, once it was jailbroken i had cydia all set up and everything when i did a reboot to see if it was really untethered, the cause of my problem. then the ipod got stuck in DFU mode with a black screen, and it doesn't turn on at all. now it won't restore, won't turn on, and i don't know what to do. if it makes a difference i tried to use sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 to jailbreak the ipod at 4.1 after, but i used ipod 2g firmware, although i didn't restore it to 4.1
    EDIT:: okay so i somehow managed to upgrade it to 4.1 through itunes after a lot of panic and failed restore attempts. So what can i do from here, because i really need to jailbreak this ipod. can i downgrade to 3.1.3, because i think i saved my shsh in cydia when it was jailbroken on 3.1.3.
    Last edited by brennod95; 2010-10-05 at 12:52 AM.
    2010-10-05 12:28 AM
    If you did, then downgrade to 3.1.3 and use jailbreakme.com, it still works for 3.1.3 as far as I know. And I don't think you're supposed to use a Spirit'd device with iTunes 9.2 or above.
    2010-10-06 06:33 PM
    Hold power button+home button for ten seconds.
    Let go of power button
    continue holding home button until itunes recognizes ipod
    restore!!! (DO NOT USE CUSTOM FIRMWARE)
    2010-10-07 05:09 AM
    Hold power button+home button for ten seconds.
    Let go of power button
    continue holding home button until itunes recognizes ipod
    restore!!! (DO NOT USE CUSTOM FIRMWARE)
    How in the hell would putting it into DFU mode help? It's not like you're magically not going to get error messages. It's like you only read halfway through the post, he said iTunes recognized it.
    2010-10-07 06:19 AM
    Yo, if you ever get stuck in DFU mode again, then just hold home+power until your iDevice boots up instead if going trough the painstaking process of restoring your iDevice.
    2010-10-18 01:08 AM
    you can go to limerain.com for a 4.1 jailbreak and read the steps if u need any thing just send me a message
    2010-11-19 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD