I have the following and have the same issue regardless which computer/OS I use.

iPod Touch2g MC 4.1 (recently had a replacement iPod sent to me with 4.1 on it)
    PC: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac: Snow Leopard

While running the jailbreak it gets stuck on the "waiting to reboot" screen I have searched for and tried all the solutions I can find but maybe I am missing something?

I have tried running in safe mode, compatibility mode for winxp sp3, have unplugged and plugged into same and diff USB ports, am running as admin and tried to run it on a friends mac book.

I get the same damn result each time! and my ispw was downloaded directly from apples servers. (also have tried ispw I got elsewhere)

So anyone "with real knowledge" have any other advice tips or able to point out something I am missing?

Thanks
    Last edited by AdonisBlue; 2010-10-14 at 05:31 PM.
    2010-10-12 08:47 PM
    I have the exact same problem, and have no luck fixing it
    2010-10-13 01:28 AM
    Same problem here. I ended up downgrading to 4.0 and using jailbreakme.

Wessy
    2010-10-13 03:45 PM
    Same problem here. I ended up downgrading to 4.0 and using jailbreakme.

Wessy
    If your happy with that great some of us can't downgrade and truthfully should not have too.

If a jb is listed as being out for my device on 4.1 then it should damn well work otherwise it should not be claiming it does!

I want to jb my device on 4.1 and later on 4.2 when it comes but it seems these guys that talk about this bs sence of community that have the skills to provide these jb's to us only care about the newest devices while those of us not fortunate enough to be able to afford the newest thing each time it comes out are left in the cold and treated like some stray no one wants around.

There was a jb/mod community at one time but now it's all about elitism... Kinda sucks and is real dissapointing.
    2010-10-13 08:44 PM
    I have the following and have the same issue regardless which computer/OS I use.

iPod Touch2g MC 4.1 (recently had a replacement iPod sent to me with 4.1 on it)
    PC: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac: Snow Leopard

While running the jailbreak it gets stuck on the "waiting to reboot" screen I have searched for and tried all the solutions I can find but maybe I am missing something?

I have tried running in safe mode, compatibility mode for winxp sp3, have unplugged and plugged into same and diff USB ports, am running as admin and tried to run it on a friends mac book.

I get the same damn result each time! and my ispw was downloaded directly from apples servers. (also have tried ispw I got elsewhere)

So anyone "with real knowledge" have any other advice tips or able to point out something I am missing?

Dude are you kidding me.

Why in gods name would you reply to my post insulting me and getting me all pissed off an re post the same exact question that I JUST asked yesterday. It looks like you were in able of actually reading my post. And calling me an idiot only makes you a hypocrite.
    2010-10-13 10:28 PM
    when using redsn0w, at the screen that says waiting for reboot, unplug the ipod from the computer. then plug it back in. some users have found this solution to work.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger
    2010-10-14 12:08 AM
    I tried the unplug thing multiple times and on multiple machines with no success. There must be a bug in the Redsn0w software.

Wessy
    2010-10-14 01:47 AM
    you must wait for redsn0w to come out with better for support with mc(3g) models, it currently only TRULY supports mb models, all luck to you.

HINT- try limera1n
    2010-10-14 02:01 AM
    dude go look at the my forum post i made.

L1merain dosnt support ipod touch 2g in general.

Besides Why the hell would the devoloper say it works for MC models
    but in reality it truly only works for a very small fraction of ppl who get lucky. Thats total crappy on his part.

As far as i know from everything ive read nobody has givene me an proof that the Ipod Touch 2g MC model running 4.1 firmware that HASN'T been jailbroken can be JB currently
    Last edited by cain9696; 2010-10-14 at 09:47 AM.
    2010-10-14 02:52 AM
    Dude are you kidding me.

Why in gods name would you reply to my post insulting me and getting me all pissed off an re post the same exact question that I JUST asked yesterday. It looks like you were in able of actually reading my post. And calling me an idiot only makes you a hypocrite.
    Oh my, where do we even begin with your nonsense.. Now pay close attention here at the top of this thread what exactly is the posting time and date? oh whats that you say? Right its a whole day before your thread! You created a thread insulting the creators of the JB programs by calling the "makers" of such programs idiots. I simply pointed out to you that you are indeed the idiot if you come in and start calling people derogatory names and then asking for their help. Your ignorance on all this is astonishing. Please tell me English is not your first language.... or that you are 10 years old or something...

Now can we get back to finding answers to the actual problem!

when using redsn0w, at the screen that says waiting for reboot, unplug the ipod from the computer. then plug it back in. some users have found this solution to work.
    If you will notice that method was listed as something tried repeatedly I might add. Have you actually done this and succeeded on an 8gig 2g MC touch? I'll unplug and plug in 100 times if I have too but someone with real (as in first hand) knowledge needs to chime in here.

Thanks

you must wait for redsn0w to come out with better for support with mc(3g) models, it currently only TRULY supports mb models, all luck to you.
    The devices we are referring to are 2G models. 8gig iPod Touch 2G MC. where do you gather this "TRULY supports" info from?

HINT- try limera1n
    limera1n dose not support our devices in question. Hence having the issue over redsn0w in the first place.
    Last edited by AdonisBlue; 2010-10-14 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-14 05:23 PM
    Edit: see what u asked now in the ******* title anyways

My buddy had this prob and his was because he didnt unzip the folder he just double clicked it? I dont know if you done this by mistake but these people are on here trying to help so just chill a lil on them
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 2010-10-14 at 05:31 PM.
    2010-10-14 05:26 PM
    What version of redsn0w are you using? It should be 0.9.6b1
    Note the title of the thread....
    2010-10-14 05:30 PM
    OK. I do realize they are doing this for free for everyone which is awsome.

but when someone who knows what thier doing and has been doing it for years puts out a program that they say works but in reality dosnt and dosnt fix,make a guide, or take it down till they thihk of a new way of solving things makes them idiots. This is why we are all here right now: because they havnt told us a solution OR at least said it dosnt work 99% of the time.

If they would of told us that then i would of said ok thats fine i understand... but they didnt.
    2010-10-14 11:20 PM
    Edit: see what u asked now in the ******* title anyways

My buddy had this prob and his was because he didnt unzip the folder he just double clicked it? I dont know if you done this by mistake but these people are on here trying to help so just chill a lil on them
    Dude: I am always "chill". ever hear the expression "sometimes you have to stir the pot"? Should be enough said.

As for not unzipping.. I'm just going to roll my eyes now and then say thanks for trying to be helpful, but there is a reason I asked for knowledgeable people to answer the issue at hand.
    2010-10-15 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD