Hi!
    First of all let me just mention that I'm Swedish. That's why all the icons have strange names.

I've been having trouble getting winterboard theme icons to work with a 3gs ios4.1. Despite the fact that they should be compatible.

I've posted the following images of my springboard with different themes, notice how in some pictures only one or two "default" icons remain the same while in others there is no change at all among the default icons.

So before you guys start giving me tips I'll just list everything I've done so far that hasn't worked.

1. Restarted the phone

2. Deleted the springboard cache via ifile

3. uninstalled and reinstalled winterboard and themes

4. changed icon names to "iconname"@2x.png

5. tried unchecking and checking different boxes on winterboard

6. Finally the most common and useless tip on the internet...
    "Try turning off SummerBoard mode"

My springboard with different themes:

* Notice how the "photo" icon never changes.

I just found the solution. But I'll wait and see if you can find it before I reveal it.

Simple solution really. I just changed the language from Swedish to English in settings.
    Last edited by Moejuice; 2010-10-14 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-14 04:47 AM
    i can't get any icons to work on an iphone 4 running 4.1 you're a step ahead of me.
    2010-10-15 12:26 AM
    Me either and i tried dragging the icons into a different folder making them a theme on their own. Surely there's a fix for this? Someone help us poor noobs lol.
    2010-10-17 04:29 AM
    Simple solution really. I just changed the language from Swedish to English in settings.
    2010-10-21 02:18 AM
    I kind of touch upon theming icons in 4.1 here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ml#post5550777

I hope that helps!
    2010-11-03 09:05 AM
    i can't get any icons to work on an iphone 4 running 4.1 you're a step ahead of me.

Are you autoicon masking, or creating them on your own and repeating the steps for the rest to keep uniformity?

For the latter, just have an Icons folder in your theme folder. Then have 2 versions of your icon. A hi res @2x png and a regular png. Why I say 'a regular png' is because you really don't have to have any data in regular png when using the @2x pngs. So for example, you have an icon called [email protected]. Create another one and name that to icon.png. Then you take both [email protected] and icon.png and copy both into the icons folder inside your theme folder. Make sure you name the icon the exact name of the app the icon is replacing.

Enjoy,

KJ
    2010-11-03 05:29 PM
    6. Finally the most common and useless tip on the internet...
    "Try turning off SummerBoard mode"
    Hey, that's not a useless tip. I get emails all the time from people that are having trouble with my theme and this option is the most common solution.
    2010-11-04 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD