User Tag List

I was unsatisfied with the performance of mobile terminal on the jail broken ipad. I decided to use ISSH from the app store to SSH localhost in order to replace mobile terminal from the cydia store. I do not want my ipad to accept any other SSH connections.

I'll start first with my more general question.

How do you apply changes to /etc/ssh/sshd_config? I changed the default port and listen address in the config file, but am still connecting through port 22.

How would I properly go about setting up sshd so that it only accepts connections from the ipad? Would this be achieved through the following setting in /etc/ssh/sshd_config?

Can I set up a hosts.allow and hosts.deny file in the ipad? If so how would I go about doing that?

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Please tell me if there is a simpler way to go about this.

I figured out one part of my problem. In order to change the listening port for ssdh you need to edit it in /etc/services in addition to the sshd_config.
    I still have not figured out how to make it listen only for connections from the ipad. Once again, any help will be appreciated.

EDIT 2:

Okay, I figured it out. I needed to add the line:
    AllowUsers [email protected]
    This seems to prevent the other computers on my network from logging in to the SSH server. I'm marking this as solved. I undid my changes to the "ListenAddress" variable. I initially misunderstood what it did.
    Last edited by nevius; 2010-10-20 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Solved my own problem
    2010-10-17 04:20 PM