Hey guys. So I saw this released in Cydia and thought it looked awesome, and decided to give the trial a go. I installed it, set up everything in Settings, and nothing happens. When is this thing supposed to kick in? I tried locking the phone, but when I unlock it, just the normal "slide to unlock" comes up and it lets me unlock it. I rebooted, resprung, turned off my themes, nothing seems to work. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The lock-code I entered was 4 digits, is that what it's meant to be? I would love to get this working to try it out! Help!

Edit: If it matters, I'm using an iPhone 4 on 4.1 fw. Thanks!

Edit 2: Read my post down. I suggest that you STAY AWAY from this app! It caused me nothing but TROUBLE - same for others too apparently!
    Last edited by Funked; 2010-10-25 at 10:54 PM.
    2010-10-25 12:15 PM
    Hey,

the phone will allow you to unlock normally... just when you put a wrong code, it will take a photo and send it to your email if you have configured it...
    2010-10-25 01:26 PM
    Ah I understand now. I didn't know we have to set the default passcode lock in Settings, I thought the app had a passcode lock itself.

I got it working, kinda. It messed up my phone three times, so I decided to remove it. When I entered the code wrong, I didn't get an email with my picture and location (wanted to test it). Then I tried to do it with the safe mode option (enter wrong code twice and it lets you unlock, but doesn't let you get into apps). This worked, except when I tried to enter the correct code, it said "exiting safe mode" and the message just stayed there. I wasn't able to respring, reboot, anything. I tried to respring via SSH with no luck. Eventually the phone rebooted itself (all this happened three times) and I was able to remove it from Cydia.

I do NOT recommend downloading this.
    Last edited by Funked; 2010-10-25 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    2010-10-25 01:53 PM
    hey i need help too. i installed this aswell. i entered the code wrong and then i entered the right code. the interface went back to factory settings. i thought this was normal. i checked email. nothing worked. how do i get it back to normal. i tried respring but it just got stuck. ten i rebooted. still the same. then i went to safemode and uninstalled it. in safe mode i can see all my apps and games. how do i go back to normal. please help. i am going to restore it now. thank god for that. its all fixed. i would recommend to everyone to NOT download this
    2010-10-25 10:39 PM
    it work for me
    xbox live s/n "RICH FRM PHILLY" ADD ME X]
    2010-10-25 11:00 PM
    how do you get it working. can you upload a vid
    2010-10-25 11:13 PM
    Didnt work for me. Everything you described, I too experienced. No picture taken either. I did the safe mode and it just let me access my springboard after 2 wrong tries and did nothing else. I even tried turning it off and putting in the wrong password a million times and it still let me into my springboard.

It takes too much work to set this up. I'd rather just be like a hawk and watch my phone intently.
    2010-10-25 11:16 PM
    yea sure .. give me 30 mins
    2010-10-25 11:24 PM
    This thing works awesome. I tried it and it emails a nice pic of whoever is using the phone and enters an unlock code incorrectly. Sweet app, but too expensive for me.
    2010-10-25 11:38 PM
    uploading to yutube now

it still processing it says on youtube... but feel to try the link lol.
    Last edited by realrap7st; 2010-10-26 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-26 12:46 AM
    thanks man
    2010-10-26 01:41 PM
    uploading to yutube now

it still processing it says on youtube... but feel to try the link lol.
    I seem to have everything entered in the Settings app the same as you, yet it still didn't work for me. Oh well, maybe a new update will come out so it works on all handsets.

Off topic: Damn buddy, your iPhone 4 takes very long to boot, mine (and people I know with an i4) takes maybe 20 seconds max. And yours seems awfully laggy, I couldn't have that on mine. I told myself that I'll never deal with lag again after getting rid of my 3G lol. I'm not having a go at you btw, just saying for an iPhone 4, the boot time and lag isn't normal.
    Last edited by Funked; 2010-10-26 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    2010-10-26 01:49 PM
    I seem to have everything entered in the Settings app the same as you, yet it still didn't work for me. Oh well, maybe a new update will come out so it works on all handsets.

Off topic: Damn buddy, your iPhone 4 takes very long to boot, mine (and people I know with an i4) takes maybe 20 seconds max. And yours seems awfully laggy, I couldn't have that on mine. I told myself that I'll never deal with lag again after getting rid of my 3G lol. I'm not having a go at you btw, just saying for an iPhone 4, the boot time and lag isn't normal.
    lol .. i have the app [email protected]# on my iphone x] an dat y it such a long bootup
    2010-10-26 02:08 PM
    Installed the trial yesterday and it worked fine the location is quite a bit off needs to be a lot more acurate..tried it again this morning and all I get is an email with a red X in a box where the image should be no picture anymore and the gps info is there.. maybe the trial is only one day and when trial has expired so no picture is sent only guessing..
    R.
    2010-10-26 02:38 PM
    just tested on edge(simple mobile) doesnt work.. not to sure on 3g. maybe that was the problem for yu /Funked/
    2010-10-26 02:59 PM
    just tested on edge(simple mobile) doesnt work.. not to sure on 3g. maybe that was the problem for yu /Funked/
    I always have 3G, EDGE and wifi kept on, so that can't be the problem. I'm not sure why it didn't work, but after the problems I experienced I'm happy enough without it lol. I thought I was stuck in a respring/boot loop, almost resorted to restoring which would of been such a pain over a trial app. Thanks for the responses tho guys, but for now I still recommend that people stay away from this app, at least until there is an update (the problem seems to happen for some devices and not others).
    2010-10-26 03:22 PM
    I had this app in the beginning and it indeed messed up the icons.
    But a few updates and a bought license later, it works PERFECT!

It sends you a mail the same minute with the street address, coordinates and the picture!
    And when you enter secure mode it does not show ANY of your personal info.
    Also the icons are back to the original position when you go back to normal mode.

So it seems like all the problems are solved

2 negative points:
    - There is no way to exit secure mode without rebooting the phone.
    - I would like to see the option to change the number of attempts before you are send to secure mode.
    2010-11-25 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD