I read that as long as you do not activate 2 of the same kind, it should work. For eg 2 lockscreen themes activated = nono.

I dowloaded the Vivid theme from Cydia recently and activated the lockscreen and dock theme. But it didnt work.

And when i activated only the lockscreen theme, it didnt work too. Until i accidentally activated the saurik default theme as well then it could work ?

Thx in advance
    2010-11-04 02:58 PM
    Winterboard is a heirarchy, the themes above override the themes below. Press and drag the three lines to the right of the theme in Winterboard and drag your theme to the top.

Also make sure Vivid is iOS 4 compatible -- lockscreen backgrounds will work but wallpapers wont (or at least I haven't found out how yet).
    2010-11-05 01:28 AM
    the files
    Wallpaper.png
    Wallpaper.mp4
    Wallpaper.mov
    should all work on iso4 but things that dont work are things like
    page0.png
    page1.png
    etc.
    u can also do
    SMSBackground.png
    LockBackgound.png(i believe that is correct)
    and i think also
    HomeBackground.png
    (but its the same as Wallpaper.png)
    the Saurik theme works differently. because it has an alternating background the wallpapers are activated by script not just by file name. same goes for animated themes(GIFs) but not videos
    2010-11-05 04:48 AM
    ^ doesn't sound like it is ios4 compatible. Not 100% sure, but if it has images named like you posted, it's most likely a 3.x.x theme.
    Cydia by the most part when you open a app or theme will also tell you the compatibility, 3.x and 4.x
    2010-11-05 05:30 AM
    Winterboard is a heirarchy, the themes above override the themes below. Press and drag the three lines to the right of the theme in Winterboard and drag your theme to the top.

Also make sure Vivid is iOS 4 compatible -- lockscreen backgrounds will work but wallpapers wont (or at least I haven't found out how yet).
    Oh i see.. didnt know about the hierachy part . Hmm but if it is the case, wouldnt i be able to activate one theme at a time only? Since the theme at the top overwrites everything below it? EDIT: I sorta got it already after some googling =)

But what i dont understand is why a lockscreen theme doesnt work with a dock theme ?
    ^ doesn't sound like it is ios4 compatible. Not 100% sure, but if it has images named like you posted, it's most likely a 3.x.x theme.
    Cydia by the most part when you open a app or theme will also tell you the compatibility, 3.x and 4.x
    Hmm i checked the files in Vivid lockscreen theme and Vivid Dock theme.. it contains:

Vivid Lockscreen theme- LockBackground.png
    Vivid 5 icon Dock theme- Dock.png

The above 2 should work together right?
    Last edited by Crimsonvaken; 2010-11-05 at 06:59 AM.
    2010-11-05 06:52 AM
    They should, why don't you post your issue in that theme thread if you had not done so yet. Maybe you can get the definite answer there, sorry.
    2010-11-05 07:28 AM
    How the hierarchy works is, when you have conflicting elements then the theme on top will override. So the Vivid Lockscreen and dock will not conflict because they are for two different file locations.

Make sure you drag the lockscreen and dock theme (addons) above your main theme. This way only those two elements are overridden in the main theme.
    2010-11-05 07:46 AM
    To find your solution simply DUPLICATE Sauriks theme
    Turn on the duplicate theme and the original off, slowly delete stuff until you find the other file that is allowing for your theme to work then copy that file to your theme

wallpapers work for me 3GS iOS4.1

Simple name it "Wallpaper.png" or "[email protected]" (HD)
    Without quotes of course

Location=var/stash/themes/THEME/

Please thank me on site if this helped else please ask away
    2010-11-05 07:51 AM
    To find your solution simply DUPLICATE Sauriks theme
    Turn on the duplicate theme and the original off, slowly delete stuff until you find the other file that is allowing for your theme to work then copy that file to your theme

wallpapers work for me 3GS iOS4.1

Simple name it "Wallpaper.png" or "[email protected]" (HD)
    Without quotes of course

Location=var/stash/themes/THEME/

Please thank me on site if this helped else please ask away
    Wallpaper doesn't quite work on the Retina Display, it wants to only show the top left quarter of the wallpaper image. Saurik needs to update it. The iPhone 4's been out for a while, I'm surprised it's not done yet. That dude must be extremely busy.
    2010-11-05 09:52 AM
    Edit SOLVED

The reason for your problem is that the image your using is too small

Remember how application apps are named @2x.png
    The iPhone is coded to take that image make it smaller in the OS

Simply make the [email protected] a LARGER size and that should fix it, I believe that the icons are 50x50 and the HD are 80x80 or 100x100 so try double the size of your background

Please thank me on site if I've helped
    2010-11-05 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD