Firstly, hi to all! I'm new here, as you can see, and am also fairly new to the Jailbreak 'community'. A very brief bit about me; I'm a freelance web designer & developer, based in the UK, who enjoys anything web/graphical!

Back on topic; I searched for hours on end a few days ago for a nice HTC theme for my iPhone 4. There's a lot of them, yes, but I couldn't find a single retina-display-compatible one which was any good. They were all pixelated, completely randomly designed or half-hearted attempts. Being the geek that I am, I took it upon myself to find out exactly how Winterboard works and collect some examples of lockscreens/wallpapers. It only took me about 10 minutes to realise that they're literally very simple websites running in the background (via the UIWebController I believe).

At this point, given my area of work, I was absolutely determined to create myself the perfect theme. About 3 hours later, I had. I thought nothing more of it for a couple of days and was content with my design. I eventually posted a couple of screenshots over at MacRumors and I was (almost) consumed with requests, PM's, the lot. I have not released the theme at all but am completely willing to, for free.

My question to you (preferably moderators?) is; if I create my own repo at myrepospace.com and add my themes to it (I'm already working on another) - will it get crawled by MMyI crawlers if I submit it, or will it be overlooked as a tiny repo? I will keep things updated and will add a collection of HD, high quality themes (mainly lock screens or wallpaper widgets).

Example:
    The image attached below is an example of my first ever lock screen (the HTC one I refer to in this post). Everything in the screenshot is made from scratch by myself *EXCLUDING* the gorgeous HTC weather icons. I'm trying to track down the author of those without any luck. They're the same set you get with iWeather and SlantedLock, resized with CSS. It does have settings you can change; your location obviously, update every X mins, temperate unit (C or F), show/hide lows and highs, 12/24 hour clock, always show AM/PM. Weather is fetched from Yahoo!.

Screenshot: http://bit.ly/a1tpgO

As I said, I'm completely new to the Jailbreak community and am still learning my way around. I would appreciate advice, answers and feedback.

Thanks, and good to meet you all
    2010-11-06 04:41 PM
    nice!! I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.
    2010-11-06 04:45 PM
    Good work
    2010-11-06 05:45 PM
    nice work, your best bet is to submit it to modmyi for major releases and have your own beta repo just for minor things with select followers
    2010-11-07 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD