It's awesome ..... Just question.. Can I put this in to Customize.app, if not where actually it should be placed?. Thanks in advance
    2007-10-02 02:23 PM
    You toss the files in:
    Applications/MobilePhone.app (folder)

I just got the file I guess it was posted late last night? anyways this is unreal it looks like you went to Hell and back a few times to skin this! Excellent work! "Thank you"
    2007-10-02 03:43 PM
    Very Nice! i was working on something like this but ill just use yours
    2007-10-02 04:08 PM
    When you say to put the files in that folder is that something I can do through ifuntastic? It would be nice if they could set this up through customize because I am at work today.
    2007-10-02 04:28 PM
    Boy, it was hard to let go of the Retro Phone!! Great job with this one!!!
    Stevie Boy should see this and install it on his and his posse's 1.1.1 iPhone!!! I know he wants it bad!!! Thanks again armadillo!!!!
    2007-10-02 05:56 PM
    Well I uploaded to folder MobilePhone app. but how to choose it to use? Sorry for my ignorance at this point.
    2007-10-02 09:39 PM
    Shut the phone down and restart it. It should be there.
    2007-10-02 09:46 PM
    I did it restarted the phone but dialer still not there only default. Probably I did something wrong. Any help appreciated
    2007-10-02 09:56 PM
    Make sure you're not dropping the whole folder inside that directory you need to drag the images over only and overwrite the existing images (I use iPhoneBrowser 1.3) for quick image transfers and ROM transfers etc.
    2007-10-03 12:40 AM
    i think its badass but i have one question. when i am in the Phone app, in Favorites, Recents, Contacts, or Voicemail, the buttons at the bottom have a black square behind them instead of the grey and then black that is behind the whole icon. Voicemail however doesnt have this problem. does anyone else have this issue?
    2007-10-03 09:39 PM
    Hmmm... the dialer should look exactly like the screenshot I posted. All other screens will have a slightly lighter scuare surrounding a dimmed icon to indicate the selected function. The other icons should be light against black background. Post a screenshot if that's not what you see.

I was just informed by a user that the zip file of the dialer I submitted contains a wrong Default.png (actually it's a duplicate of the DefaultDialer.png). That Default.png apparently causes a small cosmetic glitch when exiting the Phone.app from the Contacts screen. So when the Phone is launched again, the dialer pad shows up for a split second. I'm not sure how to handle this. The Default.png file is not actually needed for the dialer to work pproperly. So if you install it for the first time, just remove the Default.png and don't install it. If you have already installed and the glitch bothers you, revert the Default.png to its original. I am attaching the Default.png below (rename the file to Default.png and put in MobilePhone.app).

If a mod sees this, could they extract the zip and remove the Default.png and re-zip? If I don't see a confirmation today, I will simply update the zip myself.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2007-10-04 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-04 09:55 PM
    Hey I'm not sure why but i kept getting a page error when I tried to upload this image with this post. Anyway this is what I see when in the MobilePhone app.....

Notice that the Voicemail icon looks fine though

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...tgyvwl&thumb=4
    Last edited by ColPhorbin; 2007-10-04 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
    2007-10-04 10:20 PM
    Okay, now I understand what you are talking about. What you see is the limitations of the bottom bar imposed by the app. The problem comes from the fact that the app treats transparency so that it is filled black (it's totally silly). I fixed it for the Voicemail icon by adding a black layer with low oppacity (nevermind, too complicated to explain). What you see is only really visible when you crank up the brightness of the phone. I will see if I can add the low transparency layer to the other icons as well and see how it looks when they superimpose on the dialer. I'll keep you posted. Maybe I will send you the modified icons first, you test them and if they work to your satisfaction, I will update the dialer zip.

Update: I just uploaded a revised version that fixes all cosmetic glitches of the dialer. It will be approved very shortly.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2007-10-04 at 11:49 PM.
    2007-10-04 10:51 PM
    This is freaking awesome.....now just need a matching keypad for text messages and all will be set. Using the matching skin and now have the dialer. Just need keyboard and all will be good to go. Keep up the good work.
    2007-10-05 01:25 AM
    I just uploaded a new version of the Dialer. This is the final product:

2007-10-07 05:24 PM
    That looks muchhhh better having the trim around the LCD framed...

Can't wait to grab it I suppose it had to go through the mods approval again since I can't seem to find it?

Excellente!

I just d/l'd this updated version and your dialer looks to be "absolute perfection" can't believe the detail you put into it. Can I ask you how you opened up the .artwork file? I can't seem to open it up in Notepad? Just want to be nosey and peek at how you did this.

Thank you! I can't wait for your matching Keyboard skin!!!
    Last edited by Doreen; 2007-10-08 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-08 05:52 AM
    2007-10-08 07:41 AM
    Hmm pretty rediculous they seem to have left the door wide open on some of the main images but then locked all the others in a vault? Anyways "Thanks" I'll take a closer look at this today...
    2007-10-08 04:34 PM
    does this work for 1.1.1, i can only get the bottom bar with the call add contact and delete

Edit: got it all to work most of not moved all the files or something, but the bottom icons, favs, contacts, dialer, etc wheneveerr they are selected there is a white background behind them
    Last edited by icedx2; 2007-10-14 at 10:10 PM.
    2007-10-14 09:02 PM
    yeah im getting the white background problem too
    2007-10-16 10:34 AM
145 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD