User Tag List

I have an iPhone 4 that was jailbroken on 4.0.1 and I had make it mine installed with "Paul's" replacing the "AT&T" on the status bar.

This morning I decided to upgrade to 4.1 (had shsh blobs saved). After upgrading and before rejailbreaking I noticed that my carrier was still "Paul's" even though my phone wasn't jailbroken.

Anybody know why it didn't default back to "AT&T" after upgrading? I just thought it was funny (in a weird way).
    2010-11-23 04:51 PM
    I'm not sure why but it happens all the time. It might be because the jailbreak doesn't touch that string.
    2010-11-23 04:53 PM
    It happens when you restore from backup. This is a example of why it is suggested to setup as new instead of restoring from backup. Sometimes parts of jailbreaks get left over and can cause problems. This example doesn't cause problems but some may.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-11-24 01:59 AM
    ^yuppers, so true. Always set up as new.
    smaller sig.png
    2010-11-24 02:10 AM
    It happens when you restore from backup. This is a example of why it is suggested to setup as new instead of restoring from backup. Sometimes parts of jailbreaks get left over and can cause problems. This example doesn't cause problems but some may.
    This is so true.
    I restored from backup and the MakeItMine carried over.
    Several days later my Iphone turned into an Ipod Touch, disabling all calls and texts!

Tried to reboot and got the connect to Itunes on screen.
    Had to upgrade to 4.2.1 and now got my phone back, JB with red snow.

Seriously, always set up as new!!!
    2010-11-24 09:45 AM
    This is so true.
    I restored from backup and the MakeItMine carried over.
    Several days later my Iphone turned into an Ipod Touch, disabling all calls and texts!

Tried to reboot and got the connect to Itunes on screen.
    Had to upgrade to 4.2.1 and now got my phone back, JB with red snow.

Seriously, always set up as new!!!
    Did you have your SHSH blobs saved for whatever firmware you were on? Just wondering if this is why you HAD to upgrade to 4.2.1 or if, despite having the SHSH saved, it still made you upgrade to 4.2.1.

So I guess I should redo everything today and start over, except setting up as new...right?
    2010-11-24 12:59 PM
    for when 4.2.1 will be makeitmine??
    Last edited by robertnike_23; 2010-11-27 at 11:11 PM.
    2010-11-27 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD