I just got an iPad for Christmas and have it jailbroken but want to try the untethered jailbreak now. I have tried to get TU to save my SHSH but it just tells me I don't have anything on file for 3.2, 3.2.1 etc. Cydia just says I have a pending TSS report, it's been like that since I got it. My question is whether or not I can try the untethered jailbreak even though I've never had 4.2 beta. I have the ipsw but don't know if I have any SHSH on file for that firmware. Thanks in advance.
    2011-01-02 03:31 AM
    I'm In the same boat, I also got an Ipad for christmas updated to 4.2 did the tethered jailbreak, requested my blobs from Cydia and all I got was the 4.2 blob no beta3 blob. I searched and read online that apple Isn't signing the4.2beta anymore. So It looks like we are stuck with the boot tethered until they come out with a untethered break for us.
    2011-01-02 08:11 AM
    I got the beta blob on my iPhone but only the 4.2 on the iPad

Give it a week or so and something of an untethered variety might show up ( for windows users like myself #fail )

the redsn0w beta is looking good so far, needs windows testing then needs revamping to fix the bluetooth and Skype issues then were all sorted and a final public release will drop
    If I've helped you remember to say
    2011-01-02 03:00 PM
    I don't know guys. Talk on twitter is sure leaning towards using the beta shsh for untethered which is pushing it with Apple.
    2011-01-02 04:24 PM
    thats also the talk of warez and other naughty stuff,,,,
    If I've helped you remember to say
    2011-01-02 05:13 PM
    thats also the talk of warez and other naughty stuff,,,,
    Yup
    2011-01-02 05:15 PM
    I long for the day when the server side checks are bypassed and we don't need all this SHSH nonsense. Oh well, the tethered jailbreak isn't that bad since I hardly ever reboot my iPad.
    2011-01-02 07:53 PM
    I long for the day when the server side checks are bypassed and we don't need all this SHSH nonsense. Oh well, the tethered jailbreak isn't that bad since I hardly ever reboot my iPad.
    That's what I did, I don't turn my iPad off. It stays in sleep mode, also don't download any Cydia apps that need to reboot your iPad.
    2011-01-03 02:44 AM
    so many people in the same boat, including me!
    2011-01-03 11:25 AM
    Me Too
    2011-01-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD