User Tag List

I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any information how to fix this...

Basically I bought a Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and updated it to iOS 4.2.6 and used the new Greenpois0n jailbreak software to JB it.

It worked perfectly everything went off without a hitch, but I just noticed MMS is no longer working. I can't send or receive MMS messages.

All the searching I have found just tells me how to enable mms on t-mobile or is outdated referencing a different jailbreak.

Any help would be much appreciated!

(also I have not tested facetime since I have no friends with an i4, but I'm assuming its broke as well)
    2011-02-11 09:05 PM
    I have searched and searched and can't seem to find any information how to fix this...

Basically I bought a Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and updated it to iOS 4.2.6 and used the new Greenpois0n jailbreak software to JB it.

It worked perfectly everything went off without a hitch, but I just noticed MMS is no longer working. I can't send or receive MMS messages.

All the searching I have found just tells me how to enable mms on t-mobile or is outdated referencing a different jailbreak.

Any help would be much appreciated!

(also I have not tested facetime since I have no friends with an i4, but I'm assuming its broke as well)
    I am also having the same problem. FaceTime still works Post Jailbreak. I tested it with my buddy who's on AT&T I would assume Verizon to Verizon works to.

I did know MMS was working fine before I jailbroke, anyone found a fix???

Had to deal with nightmare on T-Mobile since 2007 working off and on throughout my time with them.

Hope we can fix this issue!!
    2011-02-12 12:21 AM
    I am having the same problem on my Verizon iPhone 4 worked before the jailbreak with Green pois0n but not after...... Anyone know of a fix?
    2011-02-12 02:33 AM
    Okay I figured out what caused this and how to fix.

The reason my MMS wasn't working is because when I setup my new Verizon iPhone, I restored it to a backup of my old iPhone 3G (so I would have all my pics/texts/etc). The problem that happened is that my old iphone was unlocked on t-mobile and I had to originally modify the com.apple.mms_override.plist file to get MMS to work on t-mobile.

So, to fix it is pretty simple now that I know what happened:

you have to SFTP into your phone and go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and find the file "com.apple.mms_override.plist"

replace the content of this file with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

---

Restart your iPhone, and MMS is fixed!
    2011-02-13 01:51 AM
    i found out that you need to have 3g enabled to send MMS, for some reason my 3g got disabled in SBsettings. i just enabled it and my MMS was fixed.
    2011-02-14 08:34 AM

The reason my MMS wasn't working is because when I setup my new Verizon iPhone, I restored it to a backup of my old iPhone 3G (so I would have all my pics/texts/etc). The problem that happened is that my old iphone was unlocked on t-mobile and I had to originally modify the com.apple.mms_override.plist file to get MMS to work on t-mobile.

you have to SFTP into your phone and go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and find the file "com.apple.mms_override.plist"

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

---

This fixed my problem. Thank you!!!!
    2011-02-14 03:11 PM

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

---

How do you do this? I dL fugu and have installed openssh

I see that file but how do you edit it

can anyone give me a run down on how to do this

please
    Last edited by OGcracker602; 2011-02-15 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-02-15 04:28 PM
    unless you have changed any of your default settings, the proces is this:

1) install OpenSSH
    2) Find out the IP address of your iPhone on your WiFi connection (you can find this in SBSettings or in "Settings > WiFi > 'Wireless Network More Info'

3) go to Fugu or Cyberduck or something and SFTP in with the following settings:

Type: SFTP (important)
    Server: IP address of phone
    Port: 22
    User: root
    Password: alpine

from there just navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ (I think you may have to go up one directory to reach /var/ )

4) locate the com.apple.mms_override.plist and copy it to your desktop or some other location. Make a backup copy of it just in case, and then open it in any text editor (I used BBedit)

5) replace ALL contents of the file with:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

6) Save, and using Fugu upload back into your phone, replacing the original com.apple.mms_override.plist file

7) Restart phone

that should do it
    2011-02-15 05:55 PM
    Thank you!! I think all I need was an editor. Used BBedit and now tested on Verizon to T-Mobile and Verizon to ATT and it works. Have not tested Verizon to Verizon but assume it works if I can send to other carries and receive.
    2011-02-15 06:05 PM
    My FaceTime is now NoT working... Anybody worse having this problem??
    2011-02-17 07:46 PM
    This worked beautifully! Thank you!
    2011-02-17 08:10 PM
    Facetime works perfectly if your on WiFi and attempting it with someone else who has an iPhone 4 on WiFi.

I tested it by downloading the facetime osx app and connecting to it, worked fine
    2011-02-17 09:32 PM
    My screen just stays black the entire time when I try and FaceTime
    2011-02-17 11:26 PM
    Does this method work with AT&T iPhone 4 also ? Thanks!
    2011-02-23 06:47 PM
    I tried all of this, and no luck. My 3G keeps turning off after 5 seconds. I am unable to use MMS after jailbreaking phone yesterday now. Please help...anyone...

unless you have changed any of your default settings, the proces is this:

1) install OpenSSH
    2) Find out the IP address of your iPhone on your WiFi connection (you can find this in SBSettings or in "Settings > WiFi > 'Wireless Network More Info'

3) go to Fugu or Cyberduck or something and SFTP in with the following settings:

Type: SFTP (important)
    Server: IP address of phone
    Port: 22
    User: root
    Password: alpine

from there just navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ (I think you may have to go up one directory to reach /var/ )

4) locate the com.apple.mms_override.plist and copy it to your desktop or some other location. Make a backup copy of it just in case, and then open it in any text editor (I used BBedit)

5) replace ALL contents of the file with:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

6) Save, and using Fugu upload back into your phone, replacing the original com.apple.mms_override.plist file

7) Restart phone

that should do it
    It seems to be working now...I connected to iTunes and then tested again after changing that file and now I can send/receive MMS. Much better Thanks!
    Last edited by rfull783; 2011-02-27 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-02-27 08:19 PM
    I have the file open in BBedit but don't know which part to delete and replace with MMS. Help please.
    2011-02-28 03:16 AM
    I'm do not have BBedit (I have a PC). I had opened file in notebad (com.apple.mms_override.plist) which I copied to desktop, and opened in notepad.

Once in there, this is the only thing that was in my file, just this gibberish below...

bplist00—SMMS–    

I was about to restore my phone because I couldn't fix it, so I took a shot in the dark and just wiped that out, and copied the following into the file:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>MMS</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Once I added that, moved back into Cyberduck and saved over the file, disconnected...and it didn't work at first, and was then looking online how to restore my phone I plugged into PC and opened iTunes. Once I did that out of no where I received a picture message from a friend. I then tested sending several messages and received several pics back. I know the original instructions said you didn't need to plug into iTunes, but for some reason that is what fixed mine...

I hope this helps! I work in IT Services, but I'm a newbie to the whole jailbreaking. I never paid much attention to it, but just got the iPhone and I couldn't help not trying to crack this thing!

Hope this helps!
    2011-02-28 03:30 AM
    I'm brand new also. I've never even seen code before so this Is way over my head. What I see in BBedit has 8 lines of code. It looks like this...
    I just took 20 minutes keying in the exact lines and it changed it to this... Twice. I can't win.

Trace File
    /Library/Logs/stackshot.log
    2011-02-28 03:46 AM
    Thank you!! I think all I need was an editor. Used BBedit and now tested on Verizon to T-Mobile and Verizon to ATT and it works. Have not tested Verizon to Verizon but assume it works if I can send to other carries and receive.
    Which line exactly did you replace in BBedit?
    2011-02-28 04:01 AM
    Wish I could help more, but all mine showed was what is in BOLD above. I got the same thing opening in notepad, wordpad, and MS Word. I even downloaded some free trial of a "text editor" called I think Text Pad and got the same odd line of code, which I can tell by looking at it the formatting is not correct, so I must have opened it wrong or the file I move, the PST or whatever it is file did not like Notepad and didn't know how to read the language.

I took a shot in the dark and just replaced the whole thing...luckily it worked. Good thing too...I had been looking for about 2 hours online for an answer and this was the ONLY forum I could find talking about it.
    2011-02-28 05:08 AM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD