User Tag List

I have another question about landscape. What would be the difference of rotating the images or rotating the views in dreamboard. Whould it take more ram if done through dreamboard.
    You are asking if the views rotate if it wastes more ram? Well, i don't really think so. If it is DynamicView it will barely waste 2mb. Whether it rotates or not.
    2012-01-22 04:53 PM
    You are asking if the views rotate if it wastes more ram? Well, i don't really think so. If it is DynamicView it will barely waste 2mb. Whether it rotates or not.
    i mean instead of making the pictures sideways i just use rotate in dreamboard to rotate everything 90deg.
    2012-01-22 07:15 PM
    i mean instead of making the pictures sideways i just use rotate in dreamboard to rotate everything 90deg.
    Oh then idk.
    2012-01-22 07:30 PM
    I think it would use more ram because dream board would have to work more to rotate the images
    CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME THEME
    Windows Vista
    Follow me on Twitter - Mr_Russ1an
    2012-01-22 09:53 PM
    I have read through the Wiki and it is confusing... I understand some things and have looked through other plists to get a hang of it. Could anyone help me out via MSN or Skype or something of the sort? I would appreciate it if I could get some help and tips as needed when I am trying to make my theme. This is the first time I'm trying to do this.
    2012-01-24 06:06 AM
    I have read through the Wiki and it is confusing... I understand some things and have looked through other plists to get a hang of it. Could anyone help me out via MSN or Skype or something of the sort? I would appreciate it if I could get some help and tips as needed when I am trying to make my theme. This is the first time I'm trying to do this.
    If you need help, ask on this forum
    Windows Vista
    2012-01-24 11:58 PM
    when I am placing things, is there an easier way than guessing the coords? Also, How do I make my dock transparent?
    Last edited by Durbz; 2012-01-25 at 10:56 AM.
    2012-01-25 08:45 AM
    when I am placing things, is there an easier way than guessing the coords? Also, How do I make my dock transparent?
    Ok, umm, for easier Coordinate finding, use Photoshop. Put the view in 360x480 for SD or 640x960 for HD. For HD, to find the location, select the space to that object and the measurement you get, divide ti by 2 and thats the location on the actual screen. Thats what i do

Now for transparent dock, wouldn't it just be the same as having no dock? Or do you want it there, but to just barely see it? i think you could use alpha there.
    2012-01-25 12:28 PM
    ok thanks, alpha worked.. havent tried that before.
    2012-01-25 12:40 PM
    ok thanks, alpha worked.. havent tried that before.
    Cool, i havn't used alpha before, but i knew it was used for that. , glad to help
    2012-01-25 01:08 PM
    I need a second set of eyes to look at where my code is wrong.

Code:
    	 <key>WallpaperFunction</key>
         <array>
    			<string>get.vars.WallpaperVariable = 0 ? views.Body.image = /Images/Body.png : nothing</string>
    			<string>get.vars.WallpaperVariable = 0 ? views.Statusbar.image = /Images/Statusbar.png : nothing</string>
    		   <string>get.vars.WallpaperVariable = 1 ? views.Body.image = /Images/BlackBody.png : nothing</string>
    		   <string>get.vars.WallpaperVariable = 1 ? views.Statusbar.image = /Images/Statusbar.png : nothing</string>
         </array>
    and here are the buttons

Code:
    <dict>
    		<key>Actions</key>
            <array>
    		   <string>vars.WallpaperVariable = 0</string>
    		   <string>function WallpaperFunction</string>
            </array>
    			<key>Alpha</key>
    			<real>0.0</real>
    			<key>Frame</key>
    			<string>180,125,118,80</string>
    			<key>Image</key>
    			<string>$ROOT/Images/Body.png</string>
    			<key>ViewType</key>
    			<string>Button</string>
    			<key>id</key>
    			<string>SilverBodyIcon</string>
    		</dict>
    		<dict>
    		<key>Actions</key>
            <array>
    		   <string>vars.WallpaperVariable = 1</string>
    		   <string>function WallpaperFunction</string>
            </array>
    			<key>Alpha</key>
    			<real>0.0</real>
    			<key>Frame</key>
    			<string>180,25,118,80</string>
    			<key>Image</key>
    			<string>$ROOT/Images/BlackBody.png</string>
    			<key>ViewType</key>
    			<string>Button</string>
    			<key>id</key>
    			<string>BlackBodyIcon</string>
    		</dict>
    whenever i click one of the buttons in order to change the images it crashes.
    2012-01-29 05:32 PM
    Use views. They are so much easier to use than functions and variables!
    2012-01-29 05:37 PM
    Use views. They are so much easier to use than functions and variables!
    what do you mean use views
    2012-01-29 05:57 PM
    Say you have a button and you want to hide it onload. If the id of your button was 'menubutton' you could punch views.button.alpha = 0 into your code.

Also if you wanted to show a menu and the id of that menu was 'menu1', you could use

<key>Actions</key>

<array>

<string>views.menubutton.alpha =0</string>

<string>views.menu1.alpha =1</string>

</array>

No functions, no variables, and views are completely compatible with dynamic views.
    2012-01-29 06:23 PM
    Say you have a button and you want to hide it onload. If the id of your button was 'menubutton' you could punch views.button.alpha = 0 into your code.

Also if you wanted to show a menu and the id of that menu was 'menu1', you could use

<key>Actions</key>

<array>

<string>views.menubutton.alpha =0</string>

<string>views.menu1.alpha =1</string>

</array>

No functions, no variables, and views are completely compatible with dynamic views.
    I dont like using that way. I like using functions as it wont have unnecessary ram usage.
    2012-01-29 07:23 PM
    I like functions because it is more organized.
    Windows Vista
    2012-01-29 09:28 PM
    It's all cool guys, whatever works best for you. It works great for me, so I thought I would mention it.
    2012-01-29 10:10 PM
    Where do I start when adding an AppGrid to my theme? At the moment I'm just trying to add the example AppGrid from the wiki but it's not even showing.
    2012-01-30 06:52 PM
    Well I would start with the x,y and the frame size make sure those are correct
    2012-01-30 07:05 PM
    I figured it out, amazingly. I'm not very good at coding, but I really like Dreamboard and the things you can do. So I'm willing to learn.
    I haven't figured out how to get it to show when you click a button yet, and the settings were still set for it to not enable on start up.

So that brings me to my next question, how do I get it to display when I press a button? The rest of the stuff like scrolling, icon sizing etc is already in this thread but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

Thank you for replying btw.
    2012-01-30 07:08 PM
2,599 ... 95999107108109110111119 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD