Hi everyone,

I hace just created a custom firmware for my 16 gb wifi iPad, applied and everything fine, just a problema with Mail app, sometimes freezes and closes down.

I have 4 gmail accounts and 5 exchange (4 hotmail And other for Google calendars)

Any idea? Thanks a lot
    2011-04-06 03:08 PM
    I have the same problem. just installed crash reporter from cydia and will let you know of the outcome
    2011-04-10 03:20 PM
    On iPad i had iOS 4.2.1 and on iPhone 4.1 before updating to iOS 4.3.1 i have to say both of them are sluggish since upgrading, and as far as I know seems like and iOS problem, i must say (iPhone jb with redsnow and iPad with pwnagetool)
    2011-04-10 03:45 PM
    Ok, found the root of the problem in my case. Installed crashe reporter and the dependencies but it did not report anything. Either I don't know how to configure it or it didn't work. So, what I did was uninstall a couple of cydia apps and see if that helped. I uninstalled almost everything and left activator and sbsettings for last. As soon as I removed sbsettings the incredible slow device became a little quicker and a lot more useable. It did not erradicate all of the slowness with opening the multitask bar but the difference is very visible. I got my iPhone 4 back again. Try it and see for yourself
    2011-04-10 04:39 PM
    Thanks a lot. I would try on my wifi iPad where sbsettings is almost useless right now, but losing sbsettings on iPhone Will kill me (lol)
    2011-04-10 05:39 PM
    Yes, it is a major blow for me too. I rather have a quicker iphone than slow with sb settings. I am sure the problem is with sb settings itself and not activator as I just installed that and it's still quick.
    2011-04-10 05:42 PM
    Did you uninstall activator and Mobile substrate? I use them for retinapad app that is very useful on iPad. Thanks
    2011-04-10 05:46 PM
    just sb settings
    2011-04-10 05:47 PM
    I have flashed the iphone using pwnage tool and now it's working fine with sbsettings on it. Seems like redsnow make iphone a little buggy. It's true that sbsettings makes iphone a little slower on animations but now it's fine.
    2011-04-10 11:07 PM
    I have flashed the iphone using pwnage tool and now it's working fine with sbsettings on it. Seems like redsnow make iphone a little buggy. It's true that sbsettings makes iphone a little slower on animations but now it's fine.
    Thanks for the tip, I was messing around with the phone and reinstalled sb settings and its ok now. I didnt reflash it, still got redsnow. Just by uninstalling sb settings and activator and then installing it again it fixed the mail crashes and it's not slow anymore
    2011-04-11 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD