User Tag List

This error is going to cause me to kill myself, like omg.
    Okay, long story short, i accidentally upgraded to 4.2.7, and i wanna go back to 4.2.6. Lucky i found out that i saved a 4.2.6 SHSH thingy. I followed the guide to restore my Iphone, and i KEEP getting this damn error 1013!! And yes i have tried editing my hosts file thingy. Nothing will work! I cant use my phone at all because when i turn it on, it goes straight to recovery mode no matter what i do! I got so desperate that i even just tried to normally restore the phone back to factory conditions but even that didnt work! Someone please help me i'm desperate.
    Last edited by mylomp; 2011-04-23 at 02:36 PM.
    2011-04-23 02:32 PM
    I had this problem and I did this exactly yesterday and it worked. Had the dreaded error message each time and I couldnt even restore my iphone anymore. Once I did this, it worked.

Fix iPhone Error 1013

On Mac:
    Open Finder
    Hold down COMMAND + SHIFT keys and press ‘G’
    Enter “/private/etc/” in the field and press “Go”
    Find “hosts” file in the directory
    Drag the file to your desktop
    Open it in a text editor
    Remove the line that has gs.apple.com entirely or put a # at the beginning of it to comment it out
    Save the file
    Drag it back to the /private/etc/ folder. If you get a pop-up to ask you to authenticate or replace, say yes.

On Windows:
    Locate the hosts file in one of the following directories:

Windows 95/98/Me cwindows\hosts
    Windows NT/2000/XP Pro cwinnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    Windows XP, Vista, 7 cwindows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Right click and click on “Open With…” and then click on “Notepad” on the list.
    Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.

I did it the mac way yesterday and it worked. Was able to restore my iphone once more.
    2011-04-23 03:13 PM
    ok yea i have the same problem exept when i fix the error 1013 i get the error 3194 which is like the exact opposite help cant live without jailbreak ;,,( and fw 4.2.7 is retarded it feels like my iphone got alot slower
    2011-04-23 06:57 PM
    1013 error just use tinyumbrella fix recovery to fix that.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2011-04-29 04:50 AM
    If that fails and you planned on jailbreaking anyway, just run greenpois0n on it to get out of recovery mode.

Then activate as usual in iTunes.
    2011-04-29 04:53 AM
    ^

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2011-04-29 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD