Dude this theme is the best dreamboard theme by far
    2011-05-20 07:50 AM
    Ok, I have no idea y but the the starts up in portrait... So it's still TRYING to be landscape, but its like in the middle of the screen, so half of it is blocked...
    2011-05-20 08:12 AM
    Ok, I have no idea y but the the starts up in portrait... So it's still TRYING to be landscape, but its like in the middle of the screen, so half of it is blocked...
    Read before you complain
    You need to download the new beta of dreamboard.
    Cydia repo: http://dreamboard.us/beta

This theme is not TRYING to be anything.
    This theme IS what it is.
    It's Lopeard.
    Lopeard has always been the most advanced theme available and I will do my best to keep it that way.
    Lopeard is more a "show off" than a theme.
    Lopeard is a FUN project to show the possibilities given.
    That's also the reason I'm opensourcing.
    The best theme is for free... Now that's a deal huh????
    2011-05-20 10:01 AM
    It Doesnt work with setters because those arent saved anyway, if u did a set x 300 and resprung it would fo back to its orifinal position, so same with image.

What u could do is have a onload function check a variable and then set the image. So Its kinda like a trick to saving it
    2011-05-20 03:21 PM
    I was able to move more views to be dynamic.
    The finder windows are dynamic now.
    2011-05-20 04:55 PM
    But only the ALL APPS AppGrid, right???

and that can't be edited.

if a View is removed, the info saved inside is also removed. That's what I thought.

If we edit a view it is edited where we inserted it. When it is removed it is just removed. then we inserted again, it gets called from the dynamic default.

The wallpaperpreview for example is static, the rest of the wallpaper management window is dynamic. Otherwise the wallpaperpreview would always jump back to normal (since "get image" doesn't work.).

Same for Views with APP Placeholders. the info is not saved.

I found the BUG
    .. and a few more.

FIXED BUGS:
    1. arrows allow to move window outside the viewable area.
    2. finder in menu disappears (when "hide Finder" from the menu is selected and then Finder in the menu is pressed.)
    3. Finder in Dock did not jump between the two windows but went to a blank space sometimes.

update the Current.plist and the SnowLopeard.plist

So should I dl this plist and the updated version of lopeard on ur first post?
    2011-05-20 05:35 PM
    The plist 2.2a works for all BETAs 2.x. There are no content changes only plist changes.
    2011-05-21 12:00 AM
    Holy crap how did I miss this one.....As for one not being a fan of landscape themes...never really been my style, this theme has a lot of potential....My mod gears are already turning and I'm making changes as I type this Keep up the good work.

On a side note....should maybe make more good use out of the trash can icon...as it closing all active buttons/toggles.

Pressing wallpaper opens the wallpaper changer....should best be left to the search icon IMO

Not a big fan of the dashboard widgets, but can always bee edited to my liking.

Maybe a concept to the spaces would be to show a over view of the "windows" and then tap the one you want to bring up instead of swiping to get to it...?

Just food for thought....despite that like stated above....its really looking good

Just curious but was "Leopard" spelt wrong intentionally?
    Last edited by ChrisOSX; 2011-05-21 at 01:26 AM.
    2011-05-21 01:23 AM
    Hahaha I've been thinking that for a week
    2011-05-21 01:50 AM
    Wow looking through the plist has me sooooo lost.

Also what I was noticing was that maybe consolidate the menus....for example instead of having multiple images per menu, have it all built into one with just actions to open....Like in the other Snow Leopard theme...get what im saying?

I know all of this is still beta but im just throwing out ideas to try and help improve and clean up the plist.
    Last edited by ChrisOSX; 2011-05-21 at 02:24 AM.
    2011-05-21 02:20 AM
    Umm the status bar thing is not transparent. How do I fix it? I tried the orginal plist and the modded one
    2011-05-21 03:41 AM
    Hmm gettin there.....gonna take a lot of tinkering still.

2011-05-21 04:54 AM
    protip: make the signal strength image rly wide, combine the two and have only one status bar =P

ok i finally installed this...

parts i like
    -it looks motherfning awesome.. when this is done it will be incredible
    -the thing where u tap the side and u can see the desktop
    -the widgets are dynamic.. SMART lol

parts i dont like
    -feels incredibly tiny and hard to tap.. and my fingers arent even big (side menus, dropdown menus, close window button even tho u can tap anywhere, etc)
    -my stack the icons hang over the edge
    -the finder icon on the dock is smaller than the rest
    -the whole spaces thing just needs to be redone.. the scrolling isnt realistic, the finder arrow buttons arent realistic, and yea.
    -the drop down menus... dont use show and hide! it looks rly sloppy seeing the black and white file images right next to each other, use either "set alpha" or "set image" for that stuff
    Last edited by PhanaticD; 2011-05-21 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 05:10 AM
    haha easier said then done man, i dont have the skills to just automagically make it happen lol

protip: make the signal strength image rly wide, combine the two and have only one status bar =P

ok i finally installed this...

parts i like
    -it looks motherfning awesome.. when this is done it will be incredible
    -the thing where u tap the side and u can see the desktop
    -the widgets are dynamic.. SMART lol

parts i dont like
    -feels incredibly tiny and hard to tap.. and my fingers arent even big (side menus, dropdown menus, close window button even tho u can tap anywhere, etc)
    -my stack the icons hang over the edge
    -the finder icon on the dock is smaller than the rest
    -the whole spaces thing just needs to be redone.. the scrolling isnt realistic, the finder arrow buttons arent realistic, and yea.
    -the drop down menus... dont use show and hide! it looks rly sloppy seeing the black and white file images right next to each other, use either "set alpha" or "set image" for that stuff

Agreed the spaces thing needs to be redone, and most stuff is kinda small, but more hard to tap in some places....I think the menus could be done like the portrait style snow leopard...

My stacks are fine they seem in the right place

And most importantly this will be super sweet when finished....hope he takes in account of our ideas....just wish I could help out more but lol yah i suck
    Last edited by ChrisOSX; 2011-05-21 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 05:16 AM
    yea its actually a pain.. i dont think its even possible anymore
    2011-05-21 05:42 AM
    yea its actually a pain.. i dont think its even possible anymore
    ????what is????

People I'm glad for help...
    Yes the plist is long. I hope the commenting helps a little. my plist at home (new beta) has even more lines to it.
    This theme was started only a few days ago. See the date of the first post. Before that day the plist had 0 lines..... Yes zero.
    The code is pretty clean (no spaces only tabs where needed.
    The spaces thing is one of my likes yet i'm not 100% happy either. An overview might be possible.... I just had an idea how to make it realistic (right now in this second) ...+ I will add a spaces dropdown in the menubar on the right (like OS X.).

Size of menus... I am also working on making it easier to tap
    Window close buttons will be red

Why is it called LOPEARD?
    I am formerly known as 'pear'
    I modded this... I peared this.
    This is loPEARd.
    It's just a play with the word Leopard.
    I just changed the place of the letter "e"
    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-21 at 07:43 AM.
    2011-05-21 07:39 AM
    This is a great theme, I've purchased a long time ago the first winterboard version.
    Waiting for the final release
    2011-05-21 08:02 AM
    Is this RAM friendly?
    2011-05-21 08:53 AM
    Is this RAM friendly?
    I removed the stacks-windows to be dynamic.

Now it is VERY RAM friendly

I get SAFE MODE when recieving email.... But that's a DreamBoard BETA BUG

EDIT:

It's not all that easy.
    I tried making the dashboard even more dynamic.

I can either get the whole thing dynamic
    - nothing is loaded on startup but once loaded all widgets appear.

or I can use a function with wich you can choose widgets from a list.
    - you can choose which widgets appear but the chosen widgets are loaded ALL the time.

insertview and removeview in dynamic views is not saved. So we got some limitations here, which does not really make me happy.

both versions have have it's pros and contras.

choosing widgets is definitely nicer and more realistic, but it uses a lot of memory if you have 3 or more widgets.

having all pop up uses a real lot of memory when launched but when deactivated it's REALLY RAM-friendly....

OK GUYS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

OPTION 1 or OPTION 2???
    Last edited by Lopeard; 2011-05-21 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-21 02:49 PM
    I was talking about how u rotated the status bar and then made the carrier image rly wide for the first lopeard

And as for the static/dynamic thing i think its perfectly fine how it is, stuff u see and use all the time should be in the main view, and stuff that u dont use often but takes up a lot of memory to be in the background(widgets) should be dynamically loaded
    2011-05-21 03:35 PM
363 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD