yes i am using version 1.1
    That's not the latest beta!
    Use this source and update:

dreamboard.us/beta
    2011-05-31 08:50 PM
    Hey Luciferko many thanks to all your modding on this thread but I have a question for ya. I followed your instructions on adding multiple banners horizontal and vertical, but after doing 3 rows with 4 banners per row my screen goes all over the place. So when i scroll down or left to right I can also go diagonally as well, after seeing ur video mine is not as smooth as yours. Is it the x/y coordinates or something else? Thanks again
    2011-05-31 09:52 PM
    I need help.

I like the theme, overall. I've bought like every darn theme, and I just want to stick with one.

But I really like to use the "quick launch" icons at the top (phone, messages, etc). But I don't like the 84 menus that pop up. I only use one of each - For phone I use phone, for messages I use iOS (well I use TLert but that's only more of a notification system than an actual full message app), Music I use iPod, and so forth and so on.

Is there any way to just link the icon straight to one app? Coincidentally the only thing I wouldn't mind a menu with (the camera link) doesn't have a menu. I wouldn't mind the camera, Photo Studio, PS Express, etc via menu. But that's the only one that doesn't have a menu.
    2011-06-01 03:59 AM
    I need help.

I like the theme, overall. I've bought like every darn theme, and I just want to stick with one.

But I really like to use the "quick launch" icons at the top (phone, messages, etc). But I don't like the 84 menus that pop up. I only use one of each - For phone I use phone, for messages I use iOS (well I use TLert but that's only more of a notification system than an actual full message app), Music I use iPod, and so forth and so on.

Is there any way to just link the icon straight to one app? Coincidentally the only thing I wouldn't mind a menu with (the camera link) doesn't have a menu. I wouldn't mind the camera, Photo Studio, PS Express, etc via menu. But that's the only one that doesn't have a menu.
    what you want can be done quite easily, but requires you to edit the plist. can you do that?

look at the top quicklaunch section. you will see that individual apps like settings have a piece of code that begins something like
    <dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>launch com.apple.Preferences</string>

whilst the submenus like phone begin with
    <dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>hide QuickLaunchArea</string>
    <string>show PhoneIconSubmenu</string>

and thenhave a further section lower down with that submenu name that lists all the apps inside of that "folder"

so if you want to replace the entire phones submenu with just the phone app, copy the section for a single app (like the settings section). then just change the x position to where you want it to be (they go in increments of 60 you can put it where your current phones submenu is) and replace the launch code for settings with the one for phone and change the icon from settings to phone.

if you want to do the opposite and replace a single item with a menu (for your photo apps) do the reverse. Copy one of the areas of code that opens a submenu (like phones), change the icon and x position. However for that you will also have to scroll down and find that submenu section and change the apps that launch in there.

It sounds like the easiest thing for you to do would be to use the current phones submenu for your photos (just change the icon and then change the pps that open in the phones submenu section to your photos apps.) and replace your single camera app with the single phone app

so youre replacing camera with phone (icon and launch code) in the single app section (camera) of the quicklaunch area and replacing the icon in phones submenu from phone to camera in the same area, then changing what apps open in the phonessubmenu section.
    hope that made some sense.

edit* make sure you make a backup of your current plist because if you make mistakes with the code youll get a black screen and need to put your old file back. If you cant edit the plist send it to me with instructions of what you want and ill do it for you.
    2011-06-01 04:33 AM
    Meh, I appreciate it. You don't have to though. I can do basic stuff (I created an extra button and whatnot in Snow Leopard Ultimatum) but editing entire menus is beyond the scope of my abilities and I don't want to make you waste a ton of time. This is just a case of entirely too much stuff in one place. I appreciate that the author was trying to do awesome stuff, but honestly, who on earth would want to choose between like 8 messaging apps every time? Just one click, keep it simple, stupid. Just my .02
    2011-06-01 05:12 AM
    Meh, I appreciate it. You don't have to though. I can do basic stuff (I created an extra button and whatnot in Snow Leopard Ultimatum) but editing entire menus is beyond the scope of my abilities and I don't want to make you waste a ton of time. This is just a case of entirely too much stuff in one place. I appreciate that the author was trying to do awesome stuff, but honestly, who on earth would want to choose between like 8 messaging apps every time? Just one click, keep it simple, stupid. Just my .02
    bro, the author made it like he made it. Ive told you how to change and even offered to do it for you. If thats worth a "Meh" then so be it. stick with what you got.
    2011-06-01 05:33 AM
    It's not that, I just don't want you to have to do a bunch of work for me. I tried to remove the one section and replace it with just a straight link, but I got the black screen and had to restore the plist so I must have messed something up.

Basically I don't want a single sub menu, I just want a straight link to an app with each "button". The only exception is the banner right below the weather, I don't mind the rotation. But the phones, messages, music, calendars, camera, navigation, email apps, internet apps, social and news apps, and tweak and mod apps I just want as a link to one app. I don't care what app that happens to be, because I can easily change the icon and link. I'm just not good at the more complex menu stuff.

I can try to mess with it tomorrow some more when my wife isn't breathing down my neck. Can you give an example of what one full area looks like (take the phone section for example) and then what it would look like if it were to just link to the phone instead of a submenu? If I had the full code maybe I could see what tag I'm deleting that I shouldn't (probably something simple, like I'm deleting either one hierarchy too high or too low of tags)
    Last edited by Matth3w; 2011-06-01 at 05:45 AM.
    2011-06-01 05:41 AM
    And.....he offered to do it for you. In the time it took for u to go back n forth marko could've hooked it up for u
    2011-06-01 05:47 AM
    bro then its so easy. its like i said in the first part. In the quicklaunch area, copy the entire section for launching settings from <dict> down to </dict> its about 10 lines

then delete everything in your quicklaunch area starting from

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>hide QuickLaunchArea</string>
    <string>show PhoneIconSubmenu</string>

and down to the final </dict> just before

</array>
    <key>UserInteraction</key>
    <true/>
    <key>VerticalScrollBars</key>
    <false/>
    <key>ViewType</key>
    <string>ScrollView</string>
    <key>id</key>
    <string>QuickLaunchArea</string>

in that space now paste the settings section you just copied as many times as you want. Move the x positions along by 60 for each one, and change what app is launched and the pngs for each one.

done
    2011-06-01 05:49 AM
    Of course with a little Creativity u could fill the Submenus

I turned calendar into www
    2011-06-01 06:03 AM
    Marko thx for the tips bro it really helped out!
    2011-06-01 06:13 AM
    Marko thx for the tips bro it really helped out!
    no worries bro, glad to help

cool mines got 3 pages with 11submenus (phone, messages, music, nav, photogrpaphy, calendars, clocks, contacts, system, dreams, stores) and 4 normal apps (calc, dropbox, winterboard and settings)

thats the beauty of this theme, you can do what you want without destroying the original intentions of the theme
    Last edited by marko111; 2011-06-01 at 06:20 AM.
    2011-06-01 06:17 AM
    Finga, what's the progress for the winterboard theme looking like?
    2011-06-01 07:05 AM
    Here is an updated version of the rar file I uploaded earlier. It contains all my tiles, banners, toggles and som changes I made to the text and arrows.

iconsnstuff2.rar

I'm currently using Smooth White HD Winterboard theme and it goes very well with Apple Core as Marko told me, but is there a good SBS thme to go with that?
    2011-06-01 07:48 AM
    Here is an updated version of the rar file I uploaded earlier. It contains all my tiles, banners, toggles and som changes I made to the text and arrows.

iconsnstuff2.rar

I'm currently using Smooth White HD Winterboard theme and it goes very well with Apple Core as Marko told me, but is there a good SBS thme to go with that?
    theres a theme called Mac OS X Panther for SBS that goes perfectly.
    Edit, heres what it looks like.
    Last edited by marko111; 2011-06-01 at 08:38 AM.
    2011-06-01 08:10 AM

where can I find the HBO GO banner?
    2011-06-01 09:41 AM
    OK i have two questions,

1.) Do I have to do anything to get badges to work? I have the latest version of Dreamboard, I cached the icons and resprung but they are not showing.

2.) A few icon requests if possible

eBay
    Flixter
    FFM
    Cineworld
    Sky Sports Football Scorcentre

TIA
    2011-06-01 11:23 AM

iconsnstuff2.rar

On my end the rar keeps getting damaged when I download it
    Attached Thumbnails AppleCORE HD-ebay.png   AppleCORE HD-ebaybanner.png  
    2011-06-01 02:24 PM
    I know this completly ain't the place to ask but i'm looking for someone who could create 2 icons for me
    and since most peoples are posting here..
    I'm doing the ipad version of inspired OS for them3this , it's prob 75% complete . winterboard UI still hase to be created by THA_GHOST
    but i'm in need of two dock icons to replace phone and sms .. anyone here who could help me out?
    2011-06-01 02:31 PM
    Nice look on ur phone Trolling but do you mind sharing the app info on the hbo go. I looked it up and when I put it in the current.plist it doesn't launch. This is what I got com.hbo.hbogo. Is this correct? Thanks
    2011-06-01 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD