User Tag List

I need to be brutally honest ... thefinga's work is absolutely amazing, but this theme is not nearly as good as AppleWeb HD. I really, really, really wanted to like this theme, but it frustrates me that for nearly everything (phone, email, calendar), I have to push on at least two icons to launch the app. In theory, the idea is great, but in reality, it's just too impractical. Again, great work, but I'm going back to AppleWeb HD.
    im kinda feeling your pain too bro. Ive changed everything where i dont need folders, ie i only use the standard mail app so ive replaced that mails folder with just the mail app. same for safari.
    but where i do have multiple apps its an extra touch. for example with apple web, the default phone app was available and i swiped down for other options (skype etc). Now i have to go in to the folder first. For the other options its the same (2 clicks as opposed to a swipe and click), but for the stock ones its one more (2 clicks as opposed to one)

still, i agree this work is top notch, i never even used dreamboard before these 2 themes came out, i was a winterboard man (and summerboard before that!). so ive now got both web and core and can switch at the touch of a button. how cool is that!
    2011-05-16 05:05 AM
    im kinda feeling your pain too bro. Ive changed everything where i dont need folders, ie i only use the standard mail app so ive replaced that mails folder with just the mail app. same for safari.
    but where i do have multiple apps its an extra touch. for example with apple web, the default phone app was available and i swiped down for other options (skype etc). Now i have to go in to the folder first. For the other options its the same (2 clicks as opposed to a swipe and click), but for the stock ones its one more (2 clicks as opposed to one)

still, i agree this work is top notch, i never even used dreamboard before these 2 themes came out, i was a winterboard man (and summerboard before that!). so ive now got both web and core and can switch at the touch of a button. how cool is that!
    Could you tell me what I need to edit to change it so it doesn't open options, it's just an app for like mail and SMS and the like? Thanks
    2011-05-16 05:08 AM
    quick banner question for the professionals. do the corners automatically get rounded or do you have to round them yourself when making a banner? been following the page since post one, dont remember seeing if anyone asked.
    Don't think the psds provided round corners...if they do I don't know how to do it
    2011-05-16 05:09 AM
    Thanks to all!
    2011-05-16 05:11 AM
    Is that 2 separate widget?
    Yep actually its now 3 I suppose I could make them all one.
    2011-05-16 05:16 AM
    This is just proof of concept, center widget part of a paid theme...

Check out the vid! ...Yes?...No?

It is eat ram and washes it down with battery juice... but it's fun!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPnqy1_elhg&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    2011-05-16 05:17 AM

N6 has that too!
    2011-05-16 05:19 AM
    Yep actually its now 3 I suppose I could make them all one.
    You might have to make them into subviews then. Check the Aweb plist on the Calendar button section for the correct format.
    2011-05-16 05:26 AM
    N6 has that too!
    Wow just checked it out! That cubes sick! ...proof of concept to make it work on AppleCore...not as original idea
    2011-05-16 05:27 AM
    Wow just checked it out! That cubes sick! ...proof of concept to make it work on AppleCore...not as original idea
    Haha why didn't you say that you could have had it yesterday
    2011-05-16 05:28 AM
    Could you tell me what I need to edit to change it so it doesn't open options, it's just an app for like mail and SMS and the like? Thanks

for apps in the dock (this is for the mail area), in the plist, find the dock area commands and it says something like

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <array>
    <string>show EmailSubmenu</string>
    <string>hide DockArea</string>

replace those two string lines with
    <string>launch com.apple.mobilemail</string>

and then change the name of the image file from
    EmailSubmenuOpen.png
    to
    EmailButton.png

doing ones in the nav bar etc is just the same. change the string command and the filename.
    2011-05-16 05:29 AM

Was wondering who would do that 1st .

All those will be great once Wynd makes it so you can unload a widget instead of hiding it. Then you can swap all of em
    2011-05-16 05:30 AM
    Haha why didn't you say that you could have had it yesterday
    Dang...
    2011-05-16 05:30 AM
    You might have to make them into subviews then. Check the Aweb plist on the Calendar button section for the correct format.
    So with a subview you can still toggle something else then? Hey I think I'm getting this its just a bunch of perpagehtml+ widgets.

dang...xd
    lmao I think its any widget that works.
    Last edited by bombmom; 2011-05-16 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2011-05-16 05:31 AM
    Was wondering who would do that 1st .

All those will be great once Wynd makes it so you can unload a widget instead of hiding it. Then you can swap all of em
    Yeah that WOULD be awesome!
    2011-05-16 05:33 AM
    So with a subview you can still toggle something else then? Hey I think I'm getting this its just a bunch of perpagehtml+ widgets.

Exactly. He did write both after all. Think of it like a big window. You set the frame and within the frame you can have multiple window panes. You just have to layer them correctly. Higher in the plist is on top so interactive items have to be on top.
    2011-05-16 05:34 AM

Yeah your right about that, but as I'm learning it's cool for me to make things happen by looking into the plist and stuff...I think it fun when it works, the cool part is it toggles with the switches
    2011-05-16 05:38 AM
    i know I should keep my fingers tied but can never help myself. and i understand to each thier own. I have many widgets n mods that can be done on here but its actually the lack of crazy widgets that attracts me to appleweb and apple core. sleek professional and efficient. kinda feels like a space that has not yet been tainted. I know I dont have to use theme and that is no problem, its just when a thread blows up with stuff that may be neat but eventually leads further n further away from what made the theme unique. In the end its uniqueness gets lost in all the widgety clutter.
    2011-05-16 05:39 AM
    Okay off to bed I'm going to play again tomorrow.
    2011-05-16 05:41 AM

+1 to both of your comments. Its a tough call
    2011-05-16 05:44 AM
4,322 ... 3341424344455393143 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD