I am using a mac with PwnageTool 4.3.3.1, I created a custom firmware and installed but the phone is stuck at the apple logo screen...i have been at this for a few days. i can put it back into DFU mode and install the regular firmware with no problems but when i attempt to install the custom firmware it freezes at the apple logo..i have tried to use fix recovery but it doesnt work. Im on baseband 1.0.06.

Any suggestions?
    2011-05-24 02:35 AM
    Are you setting it into pwned dfu mode before doing the restore? If so and you're using pwnagetool to do it, try using redsn0w to do the pwned dfu mode option, then try the restore to custom fw again.

Also be sure if you've ever used tinyumbrella to go to advanced settings and uncheck the point to Cydia on exit option. Then open iTunes and try again after doing the pwned dfu mode
    2011-05-24 08:15 AM
    i believe your suppose to use the Pwnage Tool 4.2, if your gonna use the 4.2.8 bundle.
    2011-05-24 01:01 PM
    Are you setting it into pwned dfu mode before doing the restore? If so and you're using pwnagetool to do it, try using redsn0w to do the pwned dfu mode option, then try the restore to custom fw again.

Also be sure if you've ever used tinyumbrella to go to advanced settings and uncheck the point to Cydia on exit option. Then open iTunes and try again after doing the pwned dfu mode
    that brings up another problem...using redsn0w rc16...i can never get it to recognize the ipsw....agitating
    2011-05-24 06:25 PM
    try using the latest sn0wbreeze. works like a charm
    2011-05-24 08:58 PM
    try using the latest sn0wbreeze. works like a charm
    i wish...but im on a mac...
    2011-05-24 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD