When it goes solid black like that it is becuase you edited too much, it is very case sesitive to the code, you need to make sure you always edit between <dict> and </dict> if the code ends like this </dict instead of </dict> that will make it blank so check the code and verify that all your code areas that you changed start and end like that Hope this helps!
    [/COLOR]
    I have checked everything, and can't see any problem. The only issue that I can think may be a possibility is that the instructions on How to create new Boxor HD BIG Icon say - 2. Save it as appname.png and put it under root/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/Images/Apps/*here*

I believe that to be an old instruction - there is no Apps path under Images. In fact, all the other images are simply in the SBIcons folder. So - do I need to create that path (Apps) and move the icons there?
    2011-07-14 01:00 AM
    I have checked everything, and can't see any problem. The only issue that I can think may be a possibility is that the instructions on How to create new Boxor HD BIG Icon say - 2. Save it as appname.png and put it under root/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/Images/Apps/*here*

I believe that to be an old instruction - there is no Apps path under Images. In fact, all the other images are simply in the SBIcons folder. So - do I need to create that path (Apps) and move the icons there?
    No your right that is old, all "big icons" should be in sbicons...
    2011-07-14 01:43 AM
    Ok so two weird issues..I have the pinned apps folder open and there are a bunch of blank spaces i between apps, how do I fill in all of those spaces? And secondly on the facebook part, I am trying to type in my name but the keyboard does NOT come on..and for the weather, I put in my zip code but it reads the weather ALL wrong..says its 21 degrees here in southern california LOL
    2011-07-14 01:45 AM
    I am editing it - one item at a time - and respringing. So far, I have finished the portrait side, and all is working well... now on to the landscape side, and see how that goes.

At least I know I am editing correctly. I just need to identify whatever the error is. Thanks for your help. I'm not a newby at this, other than this being my first go with DreamBoard.

Ok, I now have successfully remade both landscape and portrait versions. I have no clue what was wrong with my first version - literally, all I did this time was copy one entry at a time, sshing it into my iPad, respring to check, and repeat until I had done all 10 entries on both versions. I changed nothing. But, now this one works.

To look on the positive side of it all, I am gaining a lot of experience in DreamBoard! Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by tsatryan; 2011-07-14 at 02:18 AM.
    2011-07-14 01:46 AM
    I am editing it - one item at a time - and respringing. So far, I have finished the portrait side, and all is working well... now on to the landscape side, and see how that goes.

At least I know I am editing correctly. I just need to identify whatever the error is. Thanks for your help. I'm not a newby at this, other than this being my first go with DreamBoard.

Ok, I now have successfully remade both landscape and portrait versions. I have no clue what was wrong with my first version - literally, all I did this time was copy one entry at a time, sshing it into my iPad, respring to check, and repeat until I had done all 10 entries on both versions. I changed nothing. But, now this one works.

To look on the positive side of it all, I am gaining a lot of experience in DreamBoard! Thanks again for your help!
    Glad you got it working bro!!

Ok so two weird issues..I have the pinned apps folder open and there are a bunch of blank spaces i between apps, how do I fill in all of those spaces? And secondly on the facebook part, I am trying to type in my name but the keyboard does NOT come on..and for the weather, I put in my zip code but it reads the weather ALL wrong..says its 21 degrees here in southern california LOL
    For the pinned apps you have to go into edit mode by hitting settings then edit mode the select a spot then select an app, for FB try leaving the theme and going back and or respringing, for the weather that is because it is set to celcius, go to dreamboard/BoxorHD iPad/widgets/liveweather and open up functions.js and search for "c&p" then change c to f, save and respring
    Last edited by Moose0704; 2011-07-14 at 02:36 AM.
    2011-07-14 02:32 AM
    I keep on going into settings mode but all its asking me to do is change the wallpaper so I am not sure where Im supposed to go add some more apps to the pinned apps area..the thing to change the weather do I have to install ifile to do that or can I perform that change right from the boxor hd theme itself?
    2011-07-14 02:38 AM
    @Lakerfanalways - I am posting here the answer to your questions, same as I sent you in PM. It is always good to ask here and get answers here, that way everyone else can learn as they read through the thread.

Your answers -

Regarding your weather - it is 21 degrees now... Celcius! You need to change it to read in Farenheit. You have to edit a file to do that, as per these instructions -

How to Change the temperature from Celsius to Fahrenheit
    1. Open "function.js" in Widgets/LiveWeather/
    2. Find this line -
    url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=c&p=";
    and replace with
    url="http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?u=f&p=";
    3. Save and transfer to your device
    4. RESPRING your iPad to apply changes (only reapplying dreamboard won't make the changes)

Adding/changing the apps in the Pinned list is far easier. You just need to be in the Editing mode. To do that, tap on the "Settings" button at the top right, then tap on "Edit Mode" on the top center. You can read the pop up window that appears, and then tap "Dismiss" then tap the "OK" and it will look like you are back on your home screen. Except that you are now in editing mode. Look carefully at any of the pinned apps in the list, and you will see the word "edit" on them, including the blank spots. Select any spot you want to change, and tap it. A list will appear with all the apps on your iPad. Select the one you want in that spot, and tap it. You will go back to the home screen, and that app will be in the space you selected. You can repeat that as much as you want. When you are done, just press the home button (bottom of your iPad) and you will exit the editing mode.

Hope this helps.
    2011-07-14 02:56 AM
    I keep on going into settings mode but all its asking me to do is change the wallpaper so I am not sure where Im supposed to go add some more apps to the pinned apps area..the thing to change the weather do I have to install ifile to do that or can I perform that change right from the boxor hd theme itself?
    yes ifile is a must!
    2011-07-14 03:13 AM
    iFile is only a must if you are editing things on the iPad. You can also edit them on your Mac or PC by SSHing into the iPad. There are a number of apps created to do that. Personally, I use DiskAid. It is easier for me to edit things on my Mac than on the iPad. Also, if you are looking to use iFile, there are two apps named that, one in the AppStore and another in Cydia. You need the iFile app available in Cydia.
    2011-07-14 03:22 AM
    Ok so I changed the pinned apps so now everything works fine as far as that goes..so I just downloaded ifile..it came with a bunch of other things too but I just let it install..so now exactly where do I have to go in order to change the weather to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius..since I have never used ifile before I want to make sure I dont make any mistakes here
    2011-07-14 03:32 AM
    Ok so I changed the pinned apps so now everything works fine as far as that goes..so I just downloaded ifile..it came with a bunch of other things too but I just let it install..so now exactly where do I have to go in order to change the weather to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius..since I have never used ifile before I want to make sure I dont make any mistakes here
    Lol read ^ up three comments
    2011-07-14 03:34 AM
    Here is how mine turned out...
    Attached Thumbnails Boxor HD for iPad-img_0032.png  
    2011-07-14 05:30 AM
    AWESOME I got it to work. I did not use Ifile, I Tried using it but did not have any luck so instead I just used openSSH and fixed the weather issue myself..now on to the mail app..since I know its a widget can I change it to the mboxmail app that I use or is that out of the question.
    2011-07-14 05:40 AM
    It's not a widget - it's simply a large icon that opens the Mail app. You can change the icon to another icon, and you can have the icon open any app on your iPad. You simply need to make sure you edit the Current.plist correctly. You can find the instructions in the ReadMe folder.
    2011-07-14 05:44 AM
    Where is the readme folder? Im sorry for all of the newbie questions..Ok for example..the large icon for mail..I want to have my mboxmail app open up instead..how would I edit the Current.plist in order to change that? I assume this Current.plist is located in the same place as the function file
    2011-07-14 05:50 AM
    SSH into your iPad and navigate to root/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/README
    All the instructions to the things you ask are in there.

Also, something that would be helpful to anyone wanting to change the SBicons would be to download the free app "Appinfo" from Cydia. It can show you the bundle identifier for every app installed on your iPad.
    2011-07-14 06:04 AM
    Ok so I read the readME file about how to replace big icons on springboard and I seriously have NO clue what the heck Im even supposed to do..its really confusing and Im not getting what I even have to change..I have the Current.plist open right now in Notepad and I dont know what I have to change
    2011-07-14 06:22 AM
    I changed the facebook advwebview widget url to twitter (mobile) and I can't seem to get the width to wrap within the frame. I changed the scrollview contentwidth integer to 484 (same as frame width) with no success. Am I missing something / going about this the wrong way? Thx in advance
    2011-07-14 07:44 AM
    Ok so I read the readME file about how to replace big icons on springboard and I seriously have NO clue what the heck Im even supposed to do..its really confusing and Im not getting what I even have to change..I have the Current.plist open right now in Notepad and I dont know what I have to change
    What you need to do to change the mail icon to open mBoxmail, is

find this lines of code in Current.plist

Code:
    				<dict>
    					<key>Actions</key>
    					<array><string>launch com.apple.mobilemail</string></array>
    					<key>Frame</key><string>2,309,218,150</string>
    					<key>Image</key>
    					<string>$ROOT/SBicons/Mail.png</string>
    					<key>ViewType</key><string>Button</string>
    				</dict>
    what you need to do is change the red part only, to get the red part (bundle id) the easiest way is to go to theme's edit mode, and just repeat the step on how you change the icon in Pinned Apps, when a window appear with the list of the apps, find mBoxMail and you see a text below the name of the app, THAT is the BundleID, you need to take down and replace the red part with that (case sensitive, it has to be exactly written as it appears in the list)

For your information, you need to edit two parts of the code, you find exactly the same code as the above, one is for portrait and one is for landscape

I changed the facebook advwebview widget url to twitter (mobile) and I can't seem to get the width to wrap within the frame. I changed the scrollview contentwidth integer to 484 (same as frame width) with no success. Am I missing something / going about this the wrong way? Thx in advance
    If you want to fix on how the widget handle the twitter (remove the horizontal scrolling) I'm afraid you can't to that, this is how the Dreamboard works sorry
    iPhone Themes: FlatNeue - Apex One - FlowBoard - Kassou HD - BoxorHD Widescreen - BoxorHD - BoxorHD Ceramic White - Bookshelf - AsymmetricHD
    iPad Themes: Honeypad Pro - HoneyPad Pro Retina - BoxorHD - BoxorHD Retina - Bookshelf - BoxorHD Ceramic White
    - All my themes in one Cydia website - open the link from your iDevice

PayPal Donation: [email protected] | Twitter: changroy | HoneyPad Pro
    2011-07-14 08:03 AM
    What you need to do to change the mail icon to open mBoxmail, is

find this lines of code in Current.plist

Code:
    				<dict>
    					<key>Actions</key>
    					<key>Image</key>
    				</dict>
    what you need to do is change the red part only, to get the red part (bundle id) the easiest way is to go to theme's edit mode, and just repeat the step on how you change the icon in Pinned Apps, when a window appear with the list of the apps, find mBoxMail and you see a text below the name of the app, THAT is the BundleID, you need to take down and replace the red part with that (case sensitive, it has to be exactly written as it appears in the list)

For your information, you need to edit two parts of the code, you find exactly the same code as the above, one is for portrait and one is for landscape

If you want to fix on how the widget handle the twitter (remove the horizontal scrolling) I'm afraid you can't to that, this is how the Dreamboard works sorry
    Hey there sorry for keeping on nagging u with annoying questions..Ok so let me understand this..I have to SSH into the iPad and when I go to Current.plist I have to find this

<dict>
    <key>Actions</key>
    <key>Image</key>
    </dict>

and instead of launch com.apple.mobilemail I have to change it to launch com.apple.mboxmail? am I understanding that right..and I guess I have to do that twice..wow wish there was an easier way of doing this, like clicking a button or something, would be So much easier :-)
    2011-07-14 08:27 AM
734 ... 10181920212230 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD