Attachment 543185Attachment 543186

Ok so are you wanting the weather temp to show like that?
    Exactly!
    2011-08-18 04:54 AM
    As long as you remove what is on the springboard in the WB theme, and just keep the UI, it won't kill that much more ram then the standard DB theme already running.
    How do I go about doing this? I am currently running a full Winterboard theme and Dream and it's killing my RAM & battery

Can someone point me to a URL that'll show me how to change my carrier logo to the Dream image I've seen on some of your screenshots? I am using a 3GS on 4.3.2 Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by samhfoley; 2011-08-18 at 05:21 AM.
    2011-08-18 05:07 AM
    How do I go about doing this? I am currently running a full Winterboard theme and Dream and it's killing my RAM & battery

Can someone point me to a URL that'll show me how to change my carrier logo to the Dream image I've seen on some of your screenshots? I am using a 3GS on 4.3.2 Thanks in advance.
    What WB theme are you running? I usually run the one that came with Dream V1.

As for the carrier, it's a winterboard thing. It might be part of the WB UI that came with V1. Idk cuz I have a Verizon iPhone and that's not supported.
    2011-08-18 05:29 AM
    I am running iFlat3Evolution, but I could go back to deZire. I just want a UI for the theme. What do I need to take out to make it less RAM/battery dependent?

As for the carrier logo, I am on SoftBank in Japan.
    2011-08-18 05:45 AM
    ditto that, I'd like to see the location and the temps displayed on the page as well. How can we get that?
    2011-08-18 07:07 AM
    ok, now i know HTML. however Apple doesnt follow pur html.

that being said, heres the issues i have right now.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachment 543215

Attachment 543227

Ok i moved it over and added a bit of shadow color.

Now if i can get help on how to fix the post above this, i can release it to you guys.
    Last edited by VOLTAGExDT; 2011-08-18 at 08:30 AM.
    2011-08-18 07:33 AM
    Is there any way to get the stock icons to show up in the all apps folder and app switcher? I don't like that all my angry birds apps look alike inn the all apps menu, and i don't like that the Cydia icons don't theme correctly in the app switcher... if there's any other way to fix this, I'm open to suggestions...

TIA
    2011-08-18 08:41 AM
    I am running iFlat3Evolution, but I could go back to deZire. I just want a UI for the theme. What do I need to take out to make it less RAM/battery dependent?

As for the carrier logo, I am on SoftBank in Japan.
    You need to remove all the icons and such. Remove the icons and whatever else is on the springboard when dreamboard is not being used. I'm not familiar with that theme so idk. The first Dream from Cydia had the UI. He has since removed it fro V2.

And i'm sure it will work for you. I only know that it will not work for Verizon because the way the files are setup. And my phone is CDMA, while the rest of theme are GSM. I don't know that much about them because I can't have it. lol. Sorry

ok, now i know HTML. however Apple doesnt follow pur html.

that being said, heres the issues i have right now.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachment 543215

Attachment 543227

Ok i moved it over and added a bit of shadow color.

Now if i can get help on how to fix the post above this, i can release it to you guys.
    Maybe it's just a plist problem? you probably have to have it in a certain view or something. Idk. but i'm sure unoimkll can put it in the right place. Looks good though. Will it support the Weather Setter built into the theme?

Is there any way to get the stock icons to show up in the all apps folder and app switcher? I don't like that all my angry birds apps look alike inn the all apps menu, and i don't like that the Cydia icons don't theme correctly in the app switcher... if there's any other way to fix this, I'm open to suggestions...

TIA
    as far as i know, the apps are stuck that way in the All Apps folder. As for the app switcher, are you referring to the default iOS multitask interface? or something else? Cuz if you are, they shouldn't be theming in that.
    Last edited by Aenima133; 2011-08-18 at 09:55 AM.
    2011-08-18 09:52 AM
    as far as i know, the apps are stuck that way in the All Apps folder. As for the app switcher, are you referring to the default iOS multitask interface? or something else? Cuz if you are, they shouldn't be theming in that.
    Yes that is what I'm talking about. I just thought about it though and they're themeing in there with deZire. Why don't Cydia app icons theme with the overlay though?
    2011-08-18 10:01 AM
    Yes that is what I'm talking about. I just thought about it though and they're themeing in there with deZire. Why don't Cydia app icons theme with the overlay though?
    That's because Cydia icons don't theme with masks and overlays. If you want it to be themed in the app switcher, you will have to create and icon and put it in the proper folder in the WB theme. I know it sucks, but that's what you gotta do. The overlay only works for app store apps.
    2011-08-18 10:04 AM
    Okay so i just receive Dream V2 from uno today =D i got a question when i go to cydia to download the walls pack but i couldnt because i did not purchase Dream from cydia, what should i do?
    2011-08-18 12:35 PM
    Okay so i just receive Dream V2 from uno today =D i got a question when i go to cydia to download the walls pack but i couldnt because i did not purchase Dream from cydia, what should i do?
    Ok. So you got it from theme it. If you go to "Account" and then "View & Manage my downloads", under "Installed' you will see "Dream" and you should see "Theme Extras" now. You will find the wallpaper packs there. hope this helps.
    2011-08-18 12:41 PM
    Oh, really? But thought they have nothing to do with each other?
    Btw, scrolling is possible by editing a part of the plist
    Which part of the plist do I edit to get scrolling? Could you share?
    2011-08-18 01:15 PM
    Using graviboard and liking it except one thing that someone might be able to help me with. My first page of Dream is stuck on one wallpaper. When I scroll away from page 1 I can see the panoramic wallpaper I have selected on all the other 6 pages. How can I change page 1 as well? Thanks in advance.
    2011-08-18 01:47 PM
    Hmm... I'm missing current.plist and a reinstall will not get it back. Any ideas guys? Could someone give me their current.plist?
    I haven't been bothered to fix this problem because I've been content using the VIP theme lol. But now I have the urge to use Dream again. Can anyone help me?
    2011-08-18 03:07 PM
    I haven't been bothered to fix this problem because I've been content using the VIP theme lol. But now I have the urge to use Dream again. Can anyone help me?
    Did it come with one? I know some themes don't come with one, but once you set everything up, it will create one. idk. If nothing works, just copy the Dream.plist and rename it Current.plist and make sure the permissions and such are set and it should work.
    2011-08-18 03:11 PM
    Did it come with one? I know some themes don't come with one, but once you set everything up, it will create one. idk. If nothing works, just copy the Dream.plist and rename it Current.plist and make sure the permissions and such are set and it should work.
    Oh, is Dream.plist like Current.plist?
    2011-08-18 03:14 PM
    Oh, is Dream.plist like Current.plist?
    When you first download a theme you will have one plist file usually names after the theme itself (some themes come with more however but that is up to the creator).

In said plist, if there is a function call <key>savevar</key> anywhere in the code it will copy the entire plist file, rename it Current.plist and modify the variable that was just "saved".

This in turn allows the theme to remember settings, positions, etc after a respring because it is reading from a "personalized" plist as opposed to the default one. Think wallpapers, that is how the theme remembers which wallpaper it has (most dreamboard themes do this now).

Now some people say that the theme doesn't "remember" their setup. This is because the permissions set on the Dream.plist and/or Dream folder does not allow for the <key>savevar</key> function to execute correctly (essentially not letting the theme create a new Current.plist). Thus on a respring, the theme resorts to the default Dream.plist and in turn doesn't show any of the changes made by the user.

Hope this clears things up a bit =)
    2011-08-18 03:24 PM
    Thank you so much Aenima and Uno. Despite the sheer number of times I'd been told to check permissions, well, yeah... I guess it had slipped my eye .

Remember kids, CHECK PERMISSIONS.

Problem solved! Thanks again guys.
    2011-08-18 03:30 PM
    When you first download a theme you will have one plist file usually names after the theme itself (some themes come with more however but that is up to the creator).

In said plist, if there is a function call <key>savevar</key> anywhere in the code it will copy the entire plist file, rename it Current.plist and modify the variable that was just "saved".

This in turn allows the theme to remember settings, positions, etc after a respring because it is reading from a "personalized" plist as opposed to the default one. Think wallpapers, that is how the theme remembers which wallpaper it has (most dreamboard themes do this now).

Now some people say that the theme doesn't "remember" their setup. This is because the permissions set on the Dream.plist and/or Dream folder does not allow for the <key>savevar</key> function to execute correctly (essentially not letting the theme create a new Current.plist). Thus on a respring, the theme resorts to the default Dream.plist and in turn doesn't show any of the changes made by the user.

Hope this clears things up a bit =)
    Very well said uno.
    2011-08-18 03:32 PM
2,840 ... 3686126134135136137138 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD