I'll announce soon. There are other devs out there that have been beta testing that have not yet submitted their themes.

I'd set you up now to submit, but I'm not home and staff is gone for the day. I'll be home soon
    sounds great , got some nice projects comming soon
    but only if I can reach perfection on them and maybe get some help from other devs.. can't manage alone.
    just not that skilled
    but def looking forward to it
    2011-07-26 11:42 PM
    how will they be installed by the way... the same way as the dreamstore?
    2011-07-27 12:01 AM
    I think he answered that few posts up. if you mean how you get the theme and install.. yes same as the dreamstore.but install will be automated in the future update
    2011-07-27 12:06 AM
    I think he answered that few posts up. if you mean how you get the theme and install.. yes same as the dreamstore.but install will be automated in the future update
    i think he was referring to packaging method
    i know the DreamStore dealt with bash scripts and zip files....

idk about this
    2011-07-27 12:10 AM
    yea i think dreamstore just downloaded the installexec and then ran it.. its a bit risky but it worked
    2011-07-27 12:40 AM
    yea i think dreamstore just downloaded the installexec and then ran it.. its a bit risky but it worked
    risky as in he could've bricked our phones using a script?
    cuz i know he could just go delete like Springboard.app or something then have it respring
    2011-07-27 12:41 AM
    Automated downloads and stuff is awesome and all, and i'd really like it to be implemented, but the number one thing i'm looking for right now in this is Outlet Accounts. Like cydia accounts. I want to be able to associate accounts with theme purchases for the future. If that's not implemented, i don't see myself using this until it is. Just my opinion.
    2011-07-27 01:02 AM
    i think he was referring to packaging method
    i know the DreamStore dealt with bash scripts and zip files....

idk about this

At first the themes will be managed by the developers, so it depends on how(and if) the developers are packaging the themes. I know I and most other developers package them as .DEBs and set the permissions prior to packaging. That way you just download, and install.

And for the people wanting a more "e-commerce" feel to the store with log ins and prior purchase re-downloads, its coming. If you want to wait, then wait. We also plan on having the themes hosted here and a shopping cart style purchase, so when you buy the theme(s), you will get a download link right away from the store to download.

Its all coming people, no need to be skeptical, I always deliver what I promise. Right now the most important thing is getting a retail outlet for DreamBoard apps. That was our priority.
    2011-07-27 01:55 AM
    At first the themes will be managed by the developers, so it depends on how(and if) the developers are packaging the themes. I know I and most other developers package them as .DEBs and set the permissions prior to packaging. That way you just download, and install.

And for the people wanting a more "e-commerce" feel to the store with log ins and prior purchase re-downloads, its coming. If you want to wait, then wait. We also plan on having the themes hosted here and a shopping cart style purchase, so when you buy the theme(s), you will get a download link right away from the store to download.

Its all coming people, no need to be skeptical, I always deliver what I promise. Right now the most important thing is getting a retail outlet for DreamBoard apps. That was our priority.
    I didn't mean anything by what I said. And i wasn't sure that that was coming. It's great to hear that it's all coming. I'm excited. The only reason i said i was gonna wait is because i have purchased themes from the forum and then found them on cydia, which makes it easier to update and such. I'd prefer to just download them all from the outlet. Also, it's possible on cydia to add a theme to your account that you paid for through the forum without costing anything. Not exactly sure how that works but yeah. Will the outlet be able to do that at some point? Just kinda asking stuff. I'm rambling. I apologize. Still love the concept. Played with it from your repo. Seems really put together. Can't wait to see this in full swing.
    2011-07-27 02:20 AM
    The official 1.0 version of The Theme Outlet is now out on the Fnet Designs public cydia repo. (fnetdesigns.com/cydia/repo).

Purchasing
    As previously discussed, the automated download service is not finished yet and will take some time to implement. In the time being, everything in the store is currently for sale and the developers for their particular theme will handle distribution of their themes as they did in the DreamStore and as they do now in the forums. Most will email out their themes after payment is made through paypal.
    Fnet Designs and some others offer our themes through an outside e-commerce source so that you can get the theme download link immediately after payment.

This will all be implemented through the store in the near future. We will have a "shopping cart" style purchase where you will receive a download link immediately for all products in our store.

Login Accounts
    At the moment only developers have the ability to "log in" and currently can only submit themes.

This will also be changing soon. We will have a system for developers and customers to log in separately that will eventually offer saved downloads and for developers will offer the ability to also make edits to theme information already submitted.

News
    We have a "news" area that will feature announcements to theme and store updates as well as new theme submission announcements. On the Store "Home" area, we will showcase the newest article or announcement from the News area.

Donations
    For the time being, the store will be free to developers (always free to customers).

We HOPE to be able to keep it this way through donations from developers and customers. Of course donations are welcome in ANY amount and are always VERY appreciated. If we can keep up our monthly quota through these donations, we will not have to charge a percentage to the developers.

We are hoping this works out well as we feel the developer should get 100% of his sale (minus paypal or course, lol)

Submitting Themes
    Submitting themes will work pretty much the same way as the DreamStore, except for the 5-10 day wait to get them on the store. You will never have to wait longer than 24 hours to have your theme posted to the store. Developers will need to register with us to get a log in through the app. Once we add your login credentials to the system, you can log in and submit themes to the store. The log in just provides us with a way to keep you and your themes together in our system to help provide a smooth transition over to our automated services in the future.

Reviews
    All themes will have their own Review page. Here customers can comment on their opinions for the theme and help future customers decide whether the theme is for them or not. We hope soon to implement some more robust features to reviews, such as "star" ratings.

Contact
    Fnet Designs feels that a BIG part of success is communication. If you ever have a question, suggestion, compliment or complaint, we want to know. And we also provide an easy way for you to let the developers know the same.
    Through the Contact menu, you can choose to contact either the store or a developer. Your message will be sent to its destination immediately, and in the case of the store, you will hear back within 24 hours.
    You can also choose to contact a developer from a theme's description page.

There a lot more we WILL and WANT to implement to the store as we want to make this the GO-TO place for all themes in the future.
    So all suggestions and comments are crucial to us. Please let us know!
    2011-07-27 03:27 AM
    Awesome!! Great job frank! You and your team did an amazing job with this, and I know it will grow to me so much more, look forward to seeing the updates! Keep up all the great work you guys are doing!!
    2011-07-27 03:30 AM
    downloaded it , back in one sec to tell you what it think

just clean ,sleek , fast ..one word AMAZING

great job frank ( & team ! )
    Last edited by jelleheindryckx; 2011-07-27 at 03:39 AM.
    2011-07-27 03:36 AM
    I'm really digging what I'm seeing Frank. You and the team are doing an awesome job and I know its only going to get better.
    2011-07-27 03:49 AM
    Thanks guys! I'm glad we have another great resource again for DreamBoard themes!!
    2011-07-27 03:53 AM
    Thanks guys! I'm glad we have another great resource again for DreamBoard themes!!
    So u didnt add iOS 5 support either ?
    2011-07-27 04:51 AM
    So u didnt add iOS 5 support either ?
    I take it you must have iOS 5 and your telling me this out of the goodness of your heart. Thank you.

It was working on iOS 5 beta 4 last week, but I may have to check it out. I already heard from a tester earlier.

I notice your always full of good news. Everywhere in this forum. Thanks for that.
    2011-07-27 05:07 AM
    I take it you must have iOS 5 and your telling me this out of the goodness of your heart. Thank you.

It was working on iOS 5 beta 4 last week, but I may have to check it out. I already heard from a tester earlier.

I notice your always full of good news. Everywhere in this forum. Thanks for that.
    LMFOA!!
    well i'm off for today , 5.09am here

see ya guys
    2011-07-27 05:09 AM

are u being sarcastic?
    cuz i didn't mean it in a bad way....
    I'm still on beta 2 as i wasn't feeling the whole restore crap again...

anyway, i found a work around same as i did the original dream store...
    its working now
    just not so sure it'll work with automated DL's
    2011-07-27 05:09 AM
    are u being sarcastic?
    cuz i didn't mean it in a bad way....
    I'm still on beta 2 as i wasn't feeling the whole restore crap again...

anyway, i found a work around same as i did the original dream store...
    its working now
    just not so sure it'll work with automated DL's

Of course I'm being sarcastic..lol

I believe it was working on iOS5 last week, but my beta guy told me beta 4 is much more stable. Try upgrading to that and see if it works. What did you do to get it to work on your iOS 5 now? Was it a permission issue?
    2011-07-27 05:39 AM
    Of course I'm being sarcastic..lol

I believe it was working on iOS5 last week, but my beta guy told me beta 4 is much more stable. Try upgrading to that and see if it works. What did you do to get it to work on your iOS 5 now? Was it a permission issue?
    actually the only system apps i can get running at the moment are Cydia and iFile.
    pretty much everything else crashes...

so i just take the apps and make them non system apps...
    only loss is i get a white icon. i think i can fix that though.

also i gotta ask, what with the weird a** back button?
    LOL u used the skip back button for like media. is it cuz there wasn't the back button image in Xcode?
    2011-07-27 05:43 AM
361 ... 4567816 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD