Oh yeah ky, you had mmi on the list but it has already been done
    2011-08-05 06:40 AM
    Thanks - I did try that as well. Settings for instance would be com.apple.Preferences. I renamed both settings icon and the @2x icon...no luck. Tried rebooting as well - only seems to be settings and iPod icons which are giving me problems...any other thoughts? Language is English.
    You have to have both Settings.png and [email protected] in the icons folder
    Is the icon named Settings.png and [email protected]?

@moose

Ohh!! Just realized that too
    2011-08-05 06:46 AM
    My iPhone 4 only uses the Settings.png it doesn't use any of the @2x.png files at all...
    2011-08-05 06:50 AM
    Hmm...then are the icons blurry? cause Settings.png is the SD icon?
    2011-08-05 06:52 AM
    Hmm...then are the icons blurry? cause Settings.png is the SD icon?
    No looks fine to me, but if I name my icons with @2x this is what I get, I changed it on the mmi icon...

BlackAppleHD-imageuploadedbymodmyi1312520055.872877.jpg

See the icons below the mmi icon? They both are not using the @2x....

But now that I think about it all my icons that are not using the @2x are also in the @2x sizes.... But either way it will not use it... Not sure if that is your code or not?
    Last edited by Moose0704; 2011-08-05 at 06:56 AM.
    2011-08-05 06:54 AM
    What? so...you'll have to rename the whole lot of image with the @2x to without @2x, and delete the SD icons?
    Did you name the icon Modmyi instead of MMI?
    2011-08-05 06:57 AM
    You have to have both Settings.png and [email protected] in the icons folder
    Is the icon named Settings.png and [email][email protected]
    Yeah - the way the theme comes, there is already settings.png and [email protected] of the icon you made in the icons folder. Unfortunately, right after installing the theme, I have a stretched default looking iPhone settings icon in place of yours. I tried renaming your settings.png icon and [email protected] icons to com.apple.Preferences.png ...no luck... I'll figure it out, just frustrating.
    2011-08-05 06:58 AM
    What? so...you'll have to rename the whole lot of image with the @2x to without @2x, and delete the SD icons?
    I will yes if your making that normal ones smaller that the @2x but if not then no it won't matter cause it will still use the other one... I just went back and looked and yeah all your other icons that you made for theme are blurry, but I though that was why you guys updated the psd cause it was just from old theme. So yeah I guess I'll have to fix all of them lol

Did you name the icon Modmyi instead of MMI?
    Yes, the icon has to be named what the app is or it will not work at all, so mine is named ModMyi.png mmi.png will not work same effect as naming it @2x.png
    2011-08-05 06:59 AM
    URGGG!!!
    I'm confused!!!!
    2011-08-05 07:02 AM
    Yeah - the way the theme comes, there is already settings.png and [email protected] of the icon you made in the icons folder. Unfortunately, right after installing the theme, I have a stretched default looking iPhone settings icon in place of yours. I tried renaming your settings.png icon and [email protected] icons to com.apple.Preferences.png ...no luck... I'll figure it out, just frustrating.
    No it has to be "Settings.png" not "settings.png" you must have the caps "S" or it won't work, case sensitive...
    2011-08-05 07:02 AM
    Let s get this clear
    The phone doesn't use the @2x.png, it uses the .png, so the icons get blurry, cause .png file is the SD Icon Image. To fix it, you deleted the .png file and renamed the @2x.png file to .png. Now it reads the .png file, while the .png file is HD icons.
    Is this the issue?
    2011-08-05 07:05 AM
    URGGG!!!
    I'm confused!!!!
    Lol ok, all the "small icons with text" have to be named "exactly" what the app in applications is named or it will not use it. So the ModMyi app has to be named "ModMyi.png" or it will not use that image for the icon.

Now old firmwares used the @2x on the icons in order for them to work on the retina iPhone 4, but it appears that in iOS 4.3.3 they removed it again cause my iPhone will not use it

Let s get this clear
    The phone doesn't use the @2x.png, it uses the .png, so the icons get blurry, cause .png file is the SD Icon Image. To fix it, you deleted the .png file and renamed the @2x.png file to .png. Now it reads the .png file, while the .png file is HD icons.
    Is this the issue?
    YES! Lmao
    2011-08-05 07:05 AM
    So...now, what should I do to make the theme compatible with all firmware? LOL
    4.0~4.2.x uses @2x, while 4.3.x does't use @2x. 2 Versions?
    2011-08-05 07:07 AM
    So...now, what should I do to make the theme compatible with all firmware? LOL
    4.0~4.2.x uses @2x, while 4.3.x does't use @2x. 2 Versions?
    That I am unsure of, what happens on an sd device when it uses an HD image for the icon?
    2011-08-05 07:11 AM
    The image will look chopped, cause the resolution is too high
    2011-08-05 07:13 AM
    No it has to be "Settings.png" not "settings.png" you must have the caps "S" or it won't work, case sensitive...
    Yeah - as I say, the icons folder comes already with Settings.png and [email protected]. Lame. I might end up just throwing the icons in the iPhone system folder to force the overwrite.
    2011-08-05 07:14 AM
    The image will look chopped, cause the resolution is too high
    Crap! Well I guess the easiest solution would be to make two folders when you package the theme, make instructions for SD users to use one set of icons and the HD users to use the other set of icons?

Yeah - as I say, the icons folder comes already with Settings.png and [email protected]. Lame. I might end up just throwing the icons in the iPhone system folder to force the overwrite.
    Oh you know what the issue might be, lmao I am so very sorry I did not think of this sooner, clear out the icon cache for the theme in /Dreamboard/_Library/icons delete the entire blackapplehd folder and respring
    2011-08-05 07:14 AM
    @moose
    I'll make sure with more people, if this is a problem, then'll yes, I'll have to make to versions

@mtglo
    Hmmm.....Don't know whats happening. I'll find a solution for you. Also, if you want to replace icon images, use winterBoard instead
    2011-08-05 07:17 AM
    @moose
    I'll make sure with more people, if this is a problem, then'll yes, I'll have to make to versions

@mtglo
    Hmmm.....Don't know whats happening. I'll find a solution for you. Also, if you want to replace icon images, use winterBoard instead
    Ok fine, don't take my word for it lmao so kidding bro, yeah I would like to know if this is happening to anyone else too but the only way for them to know is to name the regular icon as .old then respring and see if it is in fact using the @2x.png image.

Well will need to get people with all different firmware to find out which uses what, that will be hard to do
    2011-08-05 07:20 AM
    Yeah, let me ask
    2011-08-05 07:22 AM
1,484 ... 17252627282937 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD