OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329840892.550982.jpg

OS7:Revive-imageuploadedbymodmyi1329840904.366621.jpg

Here are two more let me know if you guys want them
    2012-02-21 05:13 PM
    2012-02-21 06:03 PM
    looks like someone is trying to show me up. nice work man
    2012-02-21 06:09 PM
    Just download the winter board version from first post and transfer all files to your BcScustom folder ( remove old weather files first). All the info is in that thread on how to customise it.
    I downloaded a few of them and put all the folders and files in my Bcscustom folder but nothing happened. I then found that one of the versions came with a .dlyb file and put that into my dynamic libraries and it worked however it slows my system down where Bcscustom dlyb does not? Is there a way i can put the conetents in his folder and use Bcscustom dlyb?and
    2012-02-21 06:41 PM
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I would love to see more tweaks/ui improvements to this theme that embark upon what OS7 truly feels and looks like. A lot of this stuff just doesn't feel like what OS7 feels like, and maybe thats just me I understand everyone wants to keep it custom to their own feel.

Things I would like to see:

- Hub interface for Phone, Email, Music (I have Muzik from the app store but it really slows down the device even on an iphone 4), Facebook would be a plus.
    - Fix for the blackscreen on Page (1) when locking/unlocking phone ocasionally.
    - Integrated Facebook albums with Camera Roll

Just some ideas, I'm sure End has some of these on the radar but would really like to see some work on the true OS7 experience.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did
    2012-02-21 07:30 PM
    I downloaded a few of them and put all the folders and files in my Bcscustom folder but nothing happened. I then found that one of the versions came with a .dlyb file and put that into my dynamic libraries and it worked however it slows my system down where Bcscustom dlyb does not? Is there a way i can put the conetents in his folder and use Bcscustom dlyb?and
    Delete that dylib and put bcscustoms back in and try this 1 I modeed for you. It's got your location already entered so you should be good to go.

http://db.tt/YBH12YzV
    2012-02-21 07:30 PM
    2012-02-21 08:33 PM
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I would love to see more tweaks/ui improvements to this theme that embark upon what OS7 truly feels and looks like. A lot of this stuff just doesn't feel like what OS7 feels like, and maybe thats just me I understand everyone wants to keep it custom to their own feel.

- Hub interface for Phone, Email, Music (I have Muzik from the app store but it really slows down the device even on an iphone 4), Facebook would be a plus.

Just some ideas, I'm sure End has some of these on the radar but would really like to see some work on the true OS7 experience.
    these have been brought up before and honestly, end is the only one who can integrate them. we're all waiting for end to finish his rewrite, at which point he'll try to tackle the hubs. the blank screen is an iOS issue for saving ram, and Ive always found the integrated Facebook photos unnecessary... do u Rly want ppl to see all the pics on ur profile?
    2012-02-21 08:56 PM
    hey guys .. how to change the icons of right page ?
    2012-02-21 09:18 PM
    2012-02-21 09:31 PM
    Resize tile, example phone tile and call it MiniTile.png put it in phone folder and respring.
    Not sure on size though.
    2012-02-21 09:34 PM
    Hey guys, I'm getting a missing .plist error, any ideas why?
    2012-02-21 10:04 PM
    Hey guys, I'm getting a missing .plist error, any ideas why?
    Because you didn't reboot
    2012-02-21 10:06 PM

Let's break down your requests and this way you can see the logistics of what your asking. It's easy to give this theme a WP7 "Look", that I think has already been accomplished the best that can be at this point in time. The "Feel" of the WP7 interface is another thing.

To create a hub interface for any app, whether it is a phone, mail or music app requires that app to be totally rewritten. It's not as easy as applying winterboard images or UI elements.

There are already apps out there that simulate the WP7 feel, Muzik, pics, and maja. Those apps were written from scratch to work the way they do.

You can see the limitations that Muzik has because it depends on the iPod music library to play the actual music, so technically you have the Muzik interface running as well as the iPod music player running at the same time. Resulting in the slow down you noticed.

To create a mail hub would also do the same thing because mail is so integrated system wide that you can't just disable it and rewrite a app to take over all those functions. Any hub created would have to use the IOS's mail libraries, otherwise you wouldn't get notifications or be able to send mail from within Other apps.

To create any hub like feel it would have to be programmed like a app would. In Objective C. I'm quite sure if someone took the time to write such an app they would not be doing it for the jailbreak community, but for the Apple store to make money. That's why Muzik and Pics are paid apps. It took a software team to develop and release those apps.

You gotta remember most themers theme for fun of it, what your asking would involve a lot of coding and time to develop and test that code. Honestly, would you spend a minimum 80+ hours to develop and test and app and release it for free just to get no "Thanks" or money in return for your time?

So while is easy to ask for a more WP7 feel, the programming logistics are quite difficult to implement, and something only Endfinity himself can intergrate into his theme because the OS7 source files are not public domain but his alone. So if I were to write a hub for something, I would still have to give it to End to reprogram/write into the dylib.

The black screen on page 1 will be take care of with the rewrite. End didn't see the point in continuing bug fixes for the 2.1.2 release because everything was going to be rewritten from scratch anyways. I would rather see End spending time working on the rewrite than trying to plug problems with this release.

So hopefully you can see the difficulty in accomplishing what your requesting. It's not as easy as applying a WInterboard UI.
    2012-02-21 10:27 PM
    in your tile folder, make an image called [email protected], and that image will show up on the right side. also, by tile folder, I mean the folder of the tile u want to change (ie com.xxx.xxxx)
    2012-02-21 10:36 PM
    works, thanks a lot !!
    2012-02-21 10:42 PM
    Delete that dylib and put bcscustoms back in and try this 1 I modeed for you. It's got your location already entered so you should be good to go.

http://db.tt/YBH12YzV
    Thanks buddy. I did that and same thing. Nothing is working so must be a dlyb issue no? I copied the exact folder you zipped I my library and made sure bcscustom dlyb was enable and get nothing? Did it work on your end?
    2012-02-21 10:51 PM

I'm not sure how much more end can do to make this closer to the wp7 any closer and you might as well get a windows phone
    2012-02-21 11:01 PM
    Thanks buddy. I did that and same thing. Nothing is working so must be a dlyb issue no? I copied the exact folder you zipped I my library and made sure bcscustom dlyb was enable and get nothing? Did it work on your end?
    Never mind. Got it working! Thanks for all your help. The only issue is my scrolling is stuttered a bit but with your original one it did not? Wonder if there is something causing this specifically?
    2012-02-21 11:06 PM
    Let's break down your requests and this way you can see the logistics of what your asking. It's easy to give this theme a WP7 "Look", that I think has already been accomplished the best that can be at this point in time. The "Feel" of the WP7 interface is another thing.

To create a hub interface for any app, whether it is a phone, mail or music app requires that app to be totally rewritten. It's not as easy as applying winterboard images or UI elements.

There are already apps out there that simulate the WP7 feel, Muzik, pics, and maja. Those apps were written from scratch to work the way they do.

You can see the limitations that Muzik has because it depends on the iPod music library to play the actual music, so technically you have the Muzik interface running as well as the iPod music player running at the same time. Resulting in the slow down you noticed.

To create a mail hub would also do the same thing because mail is so integrated system wide that you can't just disable it and rewrite a app to take over all those functions. Any hub created would have to use the IOS's mail libraries, otherwise you wouldn't get notifications or be able to send mail from within Other apps.

To create any hub like feel it would have to be programmed like a app would. In Objective C. I'm quite sure if someone took the time to write such an app they would not be doing it for the jailbreak community, but for the Apple store to make money. That's why Muzik and Pics are paid apps. It took a software team to develop and release those apps.

You gotta remember most themers theme for fun of it, what your asking would involve a lot of coding and time to develop and test that code. Honestly, would you spend a minimum 80+ hours to develop and test and app and release it for free just to get no "Thanks" or money in return for your time?

So while is easy to ask for a more WP7 feel, the programming logistics are quite difficult to implement, and something only Endfinity himself can intergrate into his theme because the OS7 source files are not public domain but his alone. So if I were to write a hub for something, I would still have to give it to End to reprogram/write into the dylib.

The black screen on page 1 will be take care of with the rewrite. End didn't see the point in continuing bug fixes for the 2.1.2 release because everything was going to be rewritten from scratch anyways. I would rather see End spending time working on the rewrite than trying to plug problems with this release.

So hopefully you can see the difficulty in accomplishing what your requesting. It's not as easy as applying a WInterboard UI.
    Although what you say is true, it is also equally true that you can achieve the same feel without creating a separate application. For starters, there is no email hub on WP7, nor is there a hub for the phone. There are email applications, but no hubs. The only hubs on WP7 that I can remember off the of my head are: People, Games, Pictures, and maybe Office. The games one could be a tile on the main part of OS7 that redirects to another screen like some Dreamboard themes do. Inside this section it could be horizontally scrolled similar to WP7 without the need of an application because Dreamboard allows for this. Inside that seperate plane/page/section of the theme is where game tiles could be added (although I don't know how that would be done exactly, but in WP7 you can't reorder them). This same thing could be done for the office hub in which you have the Pages, Numbers, and whatever the PowerPoint one is called ready to be clicked on (presented in a similar fashion to WP7). Taking that same concept, you could apply it to the People's hub. Granted, I highly doubt it would be possible to achieve the same level of integration that the People's hub in WP7 presents without a seperate application, you can still create a similar look (presented the same way, but you have to click on apps to launch them).

Your description is fairly off from what "hubs" essentially are in WP7. Hubs are supposed to be separate sections to launch additional applications (Games and Office Hubs)/handle multiple functions (Music and People Hubs). A Games hub I feel would definitely be do able with this theme, as well as an office hub, but that is something End would have to do and I'm sure it's a lot more difficult then it sounds. I just wanted to point out that what your describing is not really necessary and not quite inline with what was asked.

I personally feel the same way Zinjen does, but that's okay. I really appreciate your work with the overlays and I'm very glad that people are enjoying them. Themes are for people to modify and customize to there liking, but I don't see the overlays as something that fits the bill for a WP7 replication (that doesn't mean I discredit your work in anyway, shape, or form). It seems the past several pages have been filled with multiple overlays for this theme, that although very cool looking, not practical in my minds eye (<-- PURELY MY OPINION, NO OFFENSE SHOULD BE TAKEN).

Please understand that what I said was not meant to offend anyone's work. Like I said, the work you have done Bcscustom is great and I know it took a long time to complete. Same goes to everyone creating overlays, obviously people are enjoying them!

Just because an app in WP7 scrolls horizontally doesn't make it a hub. The horizontal scrolling is the different approach Microsoft is taking to access information instead of simply vertical scrolling. You are absolutely correct though when saying that for an app to function that way it needs to be recreated.
    Last edited by ErikWithNoC; 2012-02-21 at 11:21 PM.
    ZEBRAHEAD, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, JEREMIAH FREED
    "A day without laughter is a day waster" - Charlie Chaplin
    2012-02-21 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD