Thanks for your tiles pack. Anyone know something about an AZERTY version of colorkeybord theme ?
    2012-03-17 01:15 PM
    Here ia a copy of my version of the GPS Weather Overlay for OS7:Revive

I would like to thank Crazyvivek, Dacal, and Ian Nicoll and everybody on the GPS Lockscreen thread for all the Hard work they did to bring the GPS widget to the public

To use this overlay you will have to install Crazyvivek's GPS Lockscreen found in Cydia first. This will install a "My Location" App on your springboard that this overlay will use to get your GPS location.

You will also need to have my basic bcsoverlay.dylib package already installed first. If you havent already installed it, please go to page 311 of this thread and install my basic deb package from there.

After all that copy the BcsCustom Folder from the zip file to User/Library and respring.

I have included 2 wall.css's , one will GPS Weather only and the other will have a Calendar included as well. Just rename the one you want to use to Wall.css

Edit the Setup/Config.js to set a default location incase your location cannot be determined. This uses the Yahoo Weather Code found on their website.

Here are some screenshots of both versions

Attachment 573715 Attachment 573716

Download Here : BcsCustom GPS Weather Overlay for OS7.zip

Enjoy
    Thats pretty cool !!! Thanks for sharing with us again, its been awhile since your released anything here, glad your back I just love your work for this theme !!!
    2012-03-17 05:28 PM
    Yea, already planned. That will be a little more involved than this overlay version. I wasn't sure if the GPS was gonna work on a iPod so I thought I'd give it a shot with just a text based version first. Now that I know it works, I will move forward with it.
    Cool man I can't wait
    2012-03-17 05:45 PM
    The icons will only show if you have a notification.
    I know that :/
    I'll have notifications, and it won't show up. It worked for me in 5.0.1, but now it won't work in 5.1
    2012-03-18 01:03 AM
    Thanks BCSCUSTOM for trying to help me. I think I am not clear on explaining what I was asking. I am trying to replicate the Tile icons that you had created in the tile package i.e. transparent background with white outline of the icon in the middle (like the attached tile). I do appreciate your help.

OS7:Revive-tile-2x.png

Yep

Tiles are compromised of png's. there are no psd's of any tiles that i know of because you can use any image you like

Just size it 234x234 for a small tile and 480x234 for a large tile and name it [email protected], place it into your apps tile folder.

Tile backgrounds are defined in your OS7 settings menu and can be changed in OS7/Images/Backgrounds folder if you don't like the ones supplied. These will show up behind your [email protected] image, so leave a little transparency for [email protected] if you want the backgrounds to change dynamically when you change them from within your OS7 settings menu.

Theres also a tile overlay.png in the images folder that you can change for a overlay image over your [email protected] image. That is use for a glass effect or some sort of border if you like.

Hope this helps clarify it for ya
    2012-03-18 02:13 AM
    Thanks BCSCUSTOM for trying to help me. I think I am not clear on explaining what I was asking. I am trying to replicate the Tile icons that you had created in the tile package i.e. transparent background with white outline of the icon in the middle (like the attached tile). I do appreciate your help.

OS7:Revive-tile-2x.png
    Just remove the background of the image you want and change it to transparent. You can use photoshop or gimp to crop/mask out your image and place it on a transparent background and save it as [email protected]. Small tiles are 234x234 in size. Then place it into your app tiles folder.

Hope this helps

I know that :/
    I'll have notifications, and it won't show up. It worked for me in 5.0.1, but now it won't work in 5.1
    Did you copy a lockicon.png into the tile folder of the app you want to have lock notification for?

If you don't do that then all you will see is a badge number and no icon in the Lockscreen.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by bcscustom; 2012-03-18 at 03:45 AM.
    2012-03-18 03:38 AM
    @End i was wondering if u were going to implemant the WP7 unpin/move up /move down/ and also that if u did could u anytime soon put out a new preview im dying to see how it is going just a suggestion not trying to pressure you

Also thanks alot for your hard gork i understand that you dont get paid for doing this its awsOme all you are doing for this theam

@End i was wondering if u were going to implemant the WP7 unpin/move up /move down/ and also that if u did could u anytime soon put out a new preview im dying to see how it is going just a suggestion not trying to pressure you

Also thanks alot for your hard gork i understand that you dont get paid for doing this its awsOme all you are doing for this theam
    By unpin/move up/mOve down/ i meant in the first page
    2012-03-18 07:27 PM

By unpin/move up/mOve down/ i meant in the first page
    I will definitely try in the future. There won't be another preview anytime soon and I have to say that my main focus shifted to my other project for now
    2012-03-18 07:50 PM
    I will definitely try in the future. There won't be another preview anytime soon and I have to say that my main focus shifted to my other project for now
    Thanks i really wanted to know does this new project have anything o do with this theam ? Or with something completely different?
    2012-03-18 07:53 PM
    Thanks i really wanted to know does this new project have anything o do with this theam ? Or with something completely different?
    It's a new theme, however you can expect the same level of usability and customization as this one
    2012-03-18 08:09 PM
    It's a new theme, however you can expect the same level of usability and customization as this one
    If you want you don't need to answer but does this new theam have to do with like a new android port or Windows 8 or blackberry or with the upgrading of Dreamboard that DA_GHOST was talking about a couple of pages back ?
    2012-03-18 08:13 PM
    Does anyone have the page in which End posted the 3.0 beta
    2012-03-18 10:08 PM
    Are there any more app for iPhone with a metro UI (apart of pics, maha and muzik), because I love the metro UI
    2012-03-18 10:08 PM
    If you want you don't need to answer but does this new theam have to do with like a new android port or Windows 8 or blackberry or with the upgrading of Dreamboard that DA_GHOST was talking about a couple of pages back ?

You'll see when it's out
    2012-03-18 10:45 PM

You'll see when it's out
    0_o !!! I hate when they say that it makes me go crazy .!
    2012-03-18 10:54 PM
    can't wait for the final release
    2012-03-18 11:24 PM
    I hope you haven't abandoned 3.0
    I would love to see the final release although it's probably drained you with what to do with it next, I understand; I would just love to see it in it's full potential.
    2012-03-18 11:59 PM
    I hope you haven't abandoned 3.0
    I would love to see the final release although it's probably drained you with what to do with it next, I understand; I would just love to see it in it's full potential.

No worries, it's definitely not abandoned. The thing is, I've been working on OS7 for months now and I wanted to do something new for a change
    2012-03-19 12:06 AM
    Hey guys,

I really love this theme! My greatest respect to WyndWarrior, EndFinity and everyone who is involved

I installed the theme on my iPhone 4S and also created a lot of tiles and minitiles and can share them If someone is interested.

I've got a lot of questions and would be very happy If you could answer them

1. My most important problem is the battery draining :/
    If I launch DreamBoard and this theme the battery is draining extremely. I want to ask If it is normal?
    I removed all integrated tiles and live tiles, except calendar and clock. I also removed most tweaks and apps which I don't use or need. I only left the most necessary cydia tweaks and apps, but I didn't help.
    Do you know what to do?

2. Another Problem is the RAM draining. Normally I have about 300MB free RAM, If I turn on this theme it's about 200-230 MB. And If I launch 2-3 apps it decreases down to 30-70 MB and slows down. That isn't normal, right?

3. My next problem isn't big, but annoying. This theme resets itself If I respring, reboot or change the DreamBoard theme. The constellation of tiles remains, but the accent color and backgrounds are reseted to default (black background and blue tiles). I don't know why and I wasn't able to solve this problem. I already set every right in the settings through iFile. Maybe there is a corrupted file :/

4. And I have another relatively unimportant question. Do the live tiles consume RAM or drain battery? Or do they both? I think they are linked to each other, but I would be happy If you could tell me.

I thank everyone for every kind of help

OS7:Revive-c270oia31ekzn9b1z.jpg
    OS7:Revive-c270p5za5gm7qz6t3.jpg
    OS7:Revive-c270puj2zhflik37b.jpg
    OS7:Revive-c270qf6lnhn6iu2pj.jpg
    2012-03-19 02:39 AM
    Hey guys,

I really love this theme! My greatest respect to WyndWarrior, EndFinity and everyone who is involved

I installed the theme on my iPhone 4S and also created a lot of tiles and minitiles and can share them If someone is interested.

I've got a lot of questions and would be very happy If you could answer them

1. My most important problem is the battery draining :/
    If I launch DreamBoard and this theme the battery is draining extremely. I want to ask If it is normal?
    I removed all integrated tiles and live tiles, except calendar and clock. I also removed most tweaks and apps which I don't use or need. I only left the most necessary cydia tweaks and apps, but I didn't help.
    Do you know what to do?

2. Another Problem is the RAM draining. Normally I have about 300MB free RAM, If I turn on this theme it's about 200-230 MB. And If I launch 2-3 apps it decreases down to 30-70 MB and slows down. That isn't normal, right?

3. My next problem isn't big, but annoying. This theme resets itself If I respring, reboot or change the DreamBoard theme. The constellation of tiles remains, but the accent color and backgrounds are reseted to default (black background and blue tiles). I don't know why and I wasn't able to solve this problem. I already set every right in the settings through iFile. Maybe there is a corrupted file :/

4. And I have another relatively unimportant question. Do the live tiles consume RAM or drain battery? Or do they both? I think they are linked to each other, but I would be happy If you could tell me.

I thank everyone for every kind of help

OS7:Revive-c270oia31ekzn9b1z.jpg
    OS7:Revive-c270p5za5gm7qz6t3.jpg
    OS7:Revive-c270puj2zhflik37b.jpg
    OS7:Revive-c270qf6lnhn6iu2pj.jpg
    1. how big is the battery drain? it's expected that the theme will wear down your battery faster than normal, but it could be a problem if it's way faster than usual.

2. The ram hit depends entirely on the number of tiles you have, and how many of them are live. The base ram hit with 6 tiles is approximately 30mb, with a small increase for each tile afterwards (maybe 0.25mb per tile? Static, ofc)

3. This one I'm not sure about :S you shouldnt be having any problems of the permissions are correct...

4. Yes, live tiles (and in fact all tiles) will drain your ram and battery. To what extent, though, is up to you :] pick a setup that doesnt wear down your device, but at the same time how you want it to look. It's all about compromise xD

The more ram being used, the harder (presumably) the CPU is working, and the faster your battery drains. So ram is kind of related to battery in that sense :]

oh, and just a heads up... Minitiles take up a lot of ram if used a lot... So be careful with those :]
    2012-03-19 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD