Hello,
    I have a iph4 Verizon.
    I was jailbroken on 4.2.8 via Jailbreakme.
    At some point I installed something (never found out what) and my device was stuck in a safe mode loop.
    Meaning I could not get out of safe mode.

Anyway I tried to restore (shift restore) and I cant get out of restore mode (the cable to arrow iTunes)

I have tried using iREB-r4, TinyUnbrella (latest version), fixrecovery but no mater what I do I cant get out of the recovery screen.
    I even tried to update to 4.2.10 in a desperate attempt to end this 4 hour ordeal.

I have the stock 4.2.8 on my PC, but I keep on getting error messages (1601, or 3014) after I attempt to do any restore.

I am at a loss.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, at this point I don't care if I get stuck with 4.2.10 and have to wait for a jailbreak option.
    Not my first choice but its better then were I am at now.

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2011-09-01 at 07:26 AM.
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]
    2011-09-01 07:22 AM
    Run tiny umbrella , deselect set hosts to cydia and restore to latest firmware again
    2011-09-02 03:03 AM
    Run tiny umbrella , deselect set hosts to cydia and restore to latest firmware again

I tried that and its not getting me out of recovery mode.
    Thanks for your reply. I am SHOCKED that no one else has in over 48 hours.
    This used to be the place to go / be when super support was needed.

Guess all things must change.
    This time in a negative way.

Not sure what to do next I have a device that has been in recover mode (iPhone cable, into iTunes disc) for 2 days now.

Thanks again
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

2011-09-02 03:32 PM
    Don't use tiny umbrella if you want to restore to the latest. You need 4.2.8 blob if you want to restore to 4.2.8 .
    2011-09-05 05:14 AM
    Don't use tiny umbrella if you want to restore to the latest. You need 4.2.8 blob if you want to restore to 4.2.8 .
    Yes I have the 4.2.8 BUT my devise is stuck in Recovery Mode.

Didn't I correctly open this thread with that as my main problem?
    No disrespect but I have tried iREB-r4, TinyUnbrella (latest version), fixrecovery, and I m stuck in Recovery Mode it wont reset.
    --
    JW

2011-09-05 11:40 PM
    Hold power + home button 6-8 seconds to force power-off your phone and try restoring to the latest again.

If you still have problems, force power-off the phone again, run the latest redsn0w to enter 'pwnd-DFU' mode and try again.
    iREB pwnd-DFU and redsn0w pwnd-DFU use different procedures. Redsn0w is the more reliable user-friendly method.

It's OK if the phone powers on after the power+home power-cycle.
    2011-09-05 11:58 PM
    Hold power + home button 6-8 seconds to force power-off your phone and try restoring to the latest again.

If you still have problems, force power-off the phone again, run the latest redsn0w to enter 'pwnd-DFU' mode and try again.
    iREB pwnd-DFU and redsn0w pwnd-DFU use different procedures. Redsn0w is the more reliable user-friendly method.

It's OK if the phone powers on after the power+home power-cycle.
    THANKS
    Only thing I wish it didn't take over 5 days for you to find my thread!

Thanks again
    --
    JW

2011-09-08 01:24 PM
    Congrats. Happy to help out
    2011-09-08 05:35 PM
    Is redsn0w tethered or untethered?
    I never used this method.

Do I need to run redsn0w every time I re-spring?

I installed a app called gestures that was released today, and well it never came back on after I re-sprang as the app required.

Restore and jailbreak again I go

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2011-09-19 at 04:11 AM.
    --
    JW

2011-09-19 04:08 AM
    It depends upon the iOS. 4.3.3 and below are untethered. 4.3.4 and above are currently tethered except for the special old-bootrom 3GS

Tethered means redsn0w just boot tethered is required every boot.

Edit. And for CDMA: 4.2.8 is untethered. Anything above that is tethered.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-09-19 at 04:15 AM.
    2011-09-19 04:09 AM
    I dont know why this is so hard.
    I am stuck at the cable iTunes disc AGAIN!

Using redsn0w I can get it into DFU, I then try shift restore within iTunes but it fails and fails and fails.

I find myself back in the state its been in for a while now, USB cable and iTunes music not in a disc.

Ive tried iREB v4, tinyumbrella 5.00.10 nothing is working for me.

Advise?
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2011-09-19 at 04:59 AM.
    --
    JW

2011-09-19 04:49 AM
    If your iOS version is higher than 4.2.8, it needs a 'tethered boot'.

If not, a custom firmware (cfw) restore sometimes works better than anything else.

Verify you have 4.2.8 SHSH blobs with Tiny Umbrella
    Use pwnagetool (Mac) or sn0wbreeze (PC) ... build a cfw in simple mode.
    Continue with pwnage or sn0wbreeze .... and enter pwnd-DFU.
    Start TU, then start TSS server. Verify TSS server is running.
    Shift (PC) or option (Mac) / select cfw and restore w/iTunes
    No errors are expected.
    Done with restore and jailbreak.
    2011-09-19 05:04 AM
    2011-09-30 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD