I see. I just spoke to the guy I was going to buy from and he does indeed have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, but there's no point in throwing good money after bad if the iPad 2 3G can't be downgraded anyway.

Oh well, it was a nice thought anyway. Guess I'm stuck.
    2011-10-21 09:55 PM
    Correct, why throw away good money when you can't downgrade once updated.

Why don't you restore to IOS 5 now since you are waiting for a jailbreak. It has this added iMessage feature not mentioning 199 other features.
    On your ipad, for imessage to work, you input a new email ID under your current apple ID , get verified by apple so when someone Imessage you , they will be using that email ID.
    You can send pics , text and videos to all idevces for free all over the world.
    Zooming is much bigger, videos length can be extremely long too.
    Oh gosh.. I should be a salesman...lol
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-10-22 at 02:53 AM.
    2011-10-22 02:47 AM
    Correct, why throw away good money when you can't downgrade once updated.

Why don't you restore to IOS 5 now since you are waiting for a jailbreak. It has this added iMessage feature not mentioning 199 other features.
    On your ipad, for imessage to work, you input a new email ID under your current apple ID , get verified by apple so when someone Imessage you , they will be using that email ID.
    You can send pics , text and videos to all idevces for free all over the world.
    Zooming is much bigger, videos length can be extremely long too.
    Oh gosh.. I should be a salesman...lol
    I've been thinking about updating the iPad and waiting for an untethered jailbreak for my iPhone. With my luck, I'll update the OS and they'll release a JB solution that only works with 4.3.5 and below, LOL! I'm seriously thinking about it, though.
    2011-10-22 05:38 PM
    Okay, I pulled the trigger and updated to iOS 5.

I figured that were an update to occur, it would happen in this version anyway. Got everything settled and figured out. Not bad, but not really anything I couldn't have done without anyway.

Trying to decide on whether to spend the extra $$ and upgrade my iCloud account before the price goes up; $20.00/year seems like a decent price for the extra data.
    2011-10-22 09:11 PM
    Sorry no. SHSH blobs are iDevice + iOS version unique. No sharing allowed.
    Quick question... what could happen to my device ( iPad2 running 4.3.5), if I tried to downgrade it using another device's SHSH blob?
    2011-10-24 12:29 AM
    Nothing, it just wont let you. Try it.
    2011-10-24 08:47 AM
    Quick question... what could happen to my device ( iPad2 running 4.3.5), if I tried to downgrade it using another device's SHSH blob?
    You may end up in dfu mode, permanent black screen.
    2011-10-24 08:56 AM
    Nothing, it just wont let you. Try it.
    Well I was just wondering, cause a friend of mine actually asked me why not try that... he would offer his iPad 1 SHSH files... guess it is not a good idea then....
    thanks for the note
    2011-10-24 03:50 PM
    Well I was just wondering, cause a friend of mine actually asked me why not try that... he would offer his iPad 1 SHSH files... guess it is not a good idea then....
    thanks for the note
    Won't work.

The SHSH are cryptographic signatures based on your device's unique internal identifier.
    Your friend's iPad has a different ID, so his SHSHs won't help.
    2011-10-24 04:01 PM
    Jus stick with 4.3.5 for me now I guess.. Till untethered jb is available.. It's only a few months away till someone finds a way..

Cheers!!!
    2011-10-29 03:20 PM
90 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD