User Tag List

Hello there,

I'm new here so if I do or say anything wrong, sorry. Also, I'm a bit clueless about iPod/jailbreaking related things. Now, my iPod is a 3rd gen touch and I believe the last firmware I had installed was in the 4.x's (but I could be wrong). I jailbroke it without knowing what I was really doing using Spirit a while back.

I decided I wanted to restore it because it was running really slowly and Cydia was acting up. Anyways, now it's stuck in restore mode (black screen atm) and I can't restore it because I keep getting errors 3164, 1604 and 1602. I've deleted "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" and "127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com" from my hosts file (I have a backup) and I've unchecked "Set hosts to Cydia on Exit" on Tinyumbrella (5.01). Before I jailbreak again, I figure it's best if I do a clean restore instead of using a custom firmware. When I try to do this now, I'm getting error 1602.

I'm a newbie so yeah I'd appreciate if instructions are easy to follow. Much appreciated,
    Peace!
    2011-12-03 01:56 AM
    try these articles:
    iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way
    2011-12-03 02:18 PM
    Tried those already, the errors keep coming back. I've also tried iREB by the way, but no cigar.
    2011-12-03 04:33 PM
    Hmm...May have a bricked iPod...I'll get back to you on this.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way
    2011-12-03 06:00 PM
    That doesn't sound too good. If that's the case and I really can't do anything about it on my own, should I take it to an Apple Store? Figure they would take a go at it without a warranty?
    2011-12-04 05:13 PM
    Well, if you tried jailbreaking, then they probably wouldnt. But I may be able to find a fix, something similar happened to me. You can also search "how to fix a bricked iPod touch" on YouTube

2011-12-04 08:47 PM
    Well, all I found were videos telling me to put it into restore mode and all this stuff I sort of knew already, so instead I decided to try and restore it on my other computer, which happens to be a Mac, and which I probably should've done in the first place. It worked perfectly. Thanks for trying though, it's appreciated!
    Peace!
    2011-12-05 01:11 AM
    No problem, glad you could get it fixed. FYI, it shouldn't really matter whether you used a PC or a Mac, since both have iTunes and iPod support

2011-12-05 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD