User Tag List

I'm a new owner of my iPhone 4s and i want to jailbreak my phone, but is it safe? I've jailbroken many of my ipod touches in the past with no insurance. I have insurance through verizon that covers loss and damages to my iPhone. Will jailbreaking void my insurance? If so, will they know if I restore it before i take it in? Please help.
    2012-01-26 11:19 PM
    yes
    yes
    no
    2012-01-26 11:49 PM
    Jailbreaking technically does void insurance/service to your device. But if you do a restore or your phone can't get past the boot logo/recovery mode/DFU mode, they can't really tell so they'd probably service it anyway. You'll be fine if you jb it. If you run into any issues, it's usually resolvable.
    2012-01-30 02:05 AM
    I did the jail break, and the phone works ok, but I am getting constant error messages in cydia; ie

GPG error
    http://apt.guardians of chaos.com
    the following signatures were invalid,......

I cant' get rid of them
    2012-02-06 03:58 AM
    did you get these errors immediately after the jailbreak finished? or did you get these errors after you downloading 'something' from cydia?
    2012-02-07 08:29 AM
    did you get these errors immediately after the jailbreak finished? or did you get these errors after you downloading 'something' from cydia?
    I got the messages after downloading apps from cydia....
    2012-02-07 02:31 PM
    I got the messages after downloading apps from cydia....
    That can definitely happen after downloading items (unsigned/untrusted/***unsupported***) from cydia. I'd just do a full restore back to 5.0.1 and then re-jailbreak with redsnow.

If you notice any issue immediately after you downloaded something from cydia, you can go back into your cydia and uninstall the culprit. that sometimes works.

before you confirm downloads from cydia, i'd make sure the compatibility is there. also, if you're unsure of something you want to download, you can always check out the forums or even youtube a cydia tweak or app and check out the reviews.

hope this helps, good luck!
    Last edited by mistakemistake; 2012-02-07 at 06:02 PM.
    2012-02-07 05:59 PM
    thanks for the info... Think I will do just that.
    2012-02-07 11:21 PM
    Don't mean to be random at all but you should really get Bitesms and 3G Unrestrictor for iOS 5!
    2012-02-09 08:11 AM
    when you download cydia apps, make sure it's for iOS 5... apps like Bitesms or other sms enhancing apps that are for previous firmware will at times "mess" up your phones sms capability
    2012-02-19 05:12 AM
    Phone CDMA 5.0.14s
    2012-03-05 08:04 PM
    Always make sure the package ur installing is compatible with ur firmware or else you will run into problems like that! Also if you installed a package then u try to respring and it gets stuck at the respring screen, its also gonna be a compatibility issue...
    2012-03-31 01:51 PM
    Biggest thing is when ya have an update. I would suggest update one at a time and then respring make sure all is good then go to the next update. If ya update say 5 all at the same time. If one of them give ya a problem it will take longer to find out what one it is.
    2012-03-31 02:01 PM
    I did the jail break, and the phone works ok, but I am getting constant error messages in cydia; ie

GPG error
    http://apt.guardians of chaos.com
    the following signatures were invalid,......

I cant' get rid of them
    To remove errors like that, You must have Mobile Terminal 520 from Cydia. If you have it just run apt-get update that should resolve the errors.
    2012-03-31 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD