This is probably the stupidest question ever posted, but I use to play RO quite a bit as a kid, and I even became a game master as well as an admin near the end.

My question is: The file system is very unix based, is there a way to make an RO client for the iphone?

I dont exactly want to play RO, but I think if someone makes it happen, it would open all sorts of doors to playing new games on the iphone.
    2007-10-03 03:03 AM
    ragnarok doesn't run on mac, and the iphone runs mac os x. plus i doubt there is anyway the phone could support those graphics, and it would suck anyway.
    2007-12-12 08:05 AM
    RO is windows based, it would require rewriting most of the app (Which currently weighs in @ about 1.4GB). That would take some serious demand. Also, what does skinning have to do w/ porting an app?
    2007-12-12 09:56 AM
    RO also has a linux base client that is used mostly for running servers, but porting the linux format over wouldnt be completely impossible, I just dont know how hard it would be.
    The windows version, yes, thats impossible.
    Anyway, I already marked my irrationality in my first post, and about the skinning? I don't quite know where that came from.
    2007-12-13 02:50 AM
    while we're at it, anyone have a good recipe for Swedish meatballs?
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.
    2007-12-13 03:04 AM
    Maybe we can have a openkore app for iphone, ragnarok is just too big and not supported for the mac os x, but ive read abit about openkore running on mac os x/linux. Im sure this might be something to look into xD
    Open on linux/mac os x:
    How to run OpenKore on Linux/Unix - OpenKore
    2008-05-17 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD