User Tag List

Is there any reason that a theme that worked on 5.01 will not work with the 5.1 tethered jailbreak? I try to apply the theme and no changes are made at all to my iphone. Thanks.
    2012-04-29 03:35 AM
    Nope, should work. So, when you apply the theme in WinterBoard and respring nothing changes?
    smaller sig.png
    2012-04-29 03:39 AM
    Exactly! Would it matter that the theme download was not from Cydia but the files were emailed to me from the creator and manually dropped into the folder? (I know they were placed in the correct folder). I got angry and went back to factory after it didn't work without trying any themes from Cydia (oops) so before I jailbreak again I just thought I'd ask if the tethered jailbreak itself could cause an issue.
    2012-04-29 03:46 AM
    Try enabling and disabling summerboard mode
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide
    2012-04-29 03:46 AM
    Exactly! Would it matter that the theme download was not from Cydia but the files were emailed to me from the creator and manually dropped into the folder? (I know they were placed in the correct folder).
    If you certain you put them in the correct folder, then it wouldn't be an issue where ever they came from.
    smaller sig.png
    2012-04-29 03:59 AM
    Yeah this is really annoying me. I'm jailbroken again, I tried a theme downloaded from cydia and it worked fine. The theme I want to use (which is the only reason I went back to the iphone lol) shows up in themes but nothing happens when I respring. I tried enabling and disabling summerboard to no avail.
    2012-04-29 04:50 AM
    I'm having pretty much the same issue. Only difference is that I'm using a theme I created and know fully worked on 5.0.1, but not on 5.1. Any ideas? I should also mention that another difference is that I'm using it on my new 4G iPod Touch. I made the theme to work with retina displays though when I first created it, but for some reason some of the icons aren't themed while others are.
    2012-05-08 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD