Hey you veteran modders out there, I need your input on a project I'm considering. 98% of the widget mods that are done here by you all are Weather Lockscreens and Springboards. And I love them and I don't want new concepts to ever stop coming. But Bluemetal in his Pages theme ventured out into RSS feeds territory. And recently in his Notebook theme ventured into a Facebook news feed territory which is brilliantly executed. And easy to setup for your personal feed. But he accomplished it via a PerPageHTML widget. I don't think the code itself is copyrighted or anything. Though it is from a "paid" theme. So that could complicate this next request. Educate me!

I was thinking, for my first modding project, to try to get a full-page Facebook feed on the lockscreen and then a smaller portion, maybe several lines, on an SB theme. You guys think that would be a worthy project? Would anybody like to see their Facebook newsfeed on a portion of their lock screen or springboard?
    Last edited by NewD; 2012-08-03 at 03:21 PM.
    2012-08-03 03:19 PM
    Hey you veteran modders out there, I need your input on a project I'm considering. 98% of the widget mods that are done here by you all are Weather Lockscreens and Springboards. And I love them and I don't want new concepts to ever stop coming. But Bluemetal in his Pages theme ventured out into RSS feeds territory. And recently in his Notebook theme ventured into a Facebook news feed territory which is brilliantly executed. And easy to setup for your personal feed. But he accomplished it via a PerPageHTML widget. I don't think the code itself is copyrighted or anything. Though it is from a "paid" theme. So that could complicate this next request. Educate me!

I was thinking, for my first modding project, to try to get a full-page Facebook feed on the lockscreen and then a smaller portion, maybe several lines, on an SB theme. You guys think that would be a worthy project? Would anybody like to see their Facebook newsfeed on a portion of their lock screen or springboard?

i would love to
    2012-08-03 03:24 PM
    i would love to
    I have a feeling a lot of people will like this. In his good-natured-ness, Bluemetal even gave the instructions in his thread about how to change a per page HTML widget into a lockscreen. So my only creative endeavor really would be choosing the wallpaper and maybe positioning aspects. And because it's a paid theme, I'm probably going to have to distribute it to people privately who can show me their Cydia receipt from having bought the Notebook theme from Bluemetal. But I want to make this Facebook rotating newsfeed widget for Lockscreen in Truck's MiOS ethos.
    2012-08-03 03:30 PM

Sounds good. I want to see a calendar widget that shows the next three days of appointments.
    2012-08-03 03:35 PM
    Sounds good. I want to see a calendar widget that shows the next three days of appointments.
    I've asked for that too in another theme and have never gotten a response. Evidently the coding for that must be way more involved than a weather widget. The reason I'm going to try the Facebook widget is because the code already exists out there and has been implemented beautifully on another theme.
    2012-08-03 03:42 PM
    Rss feeds have been around for ages.

Also some Facebook widgets have been done. Do you have a screenshot of blues one so I can see it please
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods
    2012-08-03 03:44 PM
    2012-08-03 03:54 PM
    @ Durben try this out I just messed around and made it.

2012-08-03 03:56 PM
    Thanks Mi and Chevy I really like my icons to pop
    Pinoy is to blame for that lmao

Jay, Would you like to share them?
    Or what did you do exactly?
    Modifying the icon-psd I think ...
    But how?

Mi
    Have a nice day and lots of fun with your iPhone !!
    2012-08-03 04:01 PM
    Remember to Avid Nicce one
    2012-08-03 04:18 PM
    MiOS  [beta release] by Truck-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344001851.852587.jpgMiOS  [beta release] by Truck-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344001866.372891.jpgMiOS  [beta release] by Truck-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344001882.509485.jpg
    2012-08-03 04:51 PM
    2012-08-03 05:05 PM
    Rss feeds have been around for ages.
    Never seen one offered in any non-BlueMetal theme thread in a year of being here.
    Also some Facebook widgets have been done. Do you have a screenshot of blues one so I can see it please
    Never seen a single Facebook one before Blue's. I read a lot of threads. Suffice it to say 99% of the widgets offered are Weather. So I'd like to take a crack at a Facebook one. You can see a pic of his Facebook widget on page 1 of his Winterboard Theme NOTEBOOK thread.
    2012-08-03 05:15 PM
    Finally im feeling satisfied (at least for today ) with my setup.

Im posting the modified overlay for SB (made by me) but the credits goes to Max-Pain for this lovely LS and SB, thanks a lot m8.

Thanks for the overlay which plist do you use and are the icons 100% or shrunk
    @Thor:very nice white collection
    2012-08-03 05:17 PM
    Finally im feeling satisfied (at least for today ) with my setup.

Im posting the modified overlay for SB (made by me) but the credits goes to Max-Pain for this lovely LS and SB, thanks a lot m8.

look nice bro,will you share,thanks
    2012-08-03 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the overlay which plist do you use and are the icons 100% or shrunk
    @Thor:very nice white collection
    Icons @ 80% and six icons per row in springtomize. FiveRows Improved in iconoclasm.
    2012-08-03 05:25 PM
    P.s gonna try white icons mind making a white tweetbot, Dropbox, whatsapp , cydia and winterboard ?😁 Tia

Wow don't normally like white icons but these look sick!!! Nice work on the icons sets Thor 👍
    Last edited by Lkkwus; 2012-08-03 at 05:38 PM.
    2012-08-03 05:25 PM
    2012-08-03 05:28 PM
    nice one ...backboard,preview maker icons plss
    2012-08-03 05:29 PM
    Thanks for the idea with a white icons theme. I think I will try too
    2012-08-03 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.