User Tag List

\m/ Icon for Alliance or whatever you want it for.

Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......
    2012-07-05 01:48 AM

Really nice looking

2012-07-05 01:56 AM
    I asked this before, but I think in the flurry of weather widgets and icon requests the page count grew too fast.

My question is: how do you go about creating 3D icons? I can make 2D ones from the included psd file, but being a photoshop amateur I'm lost when it comes to making 3D ones. Is it a straight forward process, or something better left to photoshop pros?
    2012-07-05 01:57 AM
    A small little analog clock would look pretty dope at the bottom left of the large circle also
    Yes it would
    2012-07-05 02:09 AM
    Someone with a cool 3d icon for calcbot?

This will do ??

boss.iOS now available on Theme it app-calc.png

2012-07-05 02:13 AM
    Holy hell I finally caught up, that took forever. Well first I gotta say Fif7y you did an amazing job on this theme and everyone making the widgets Max, Durben etc keep up the good work. Next there are a couple things I cant find yet. The weather icons in the notification center that have the faces where are they from and could someone post them please? Next does anyone know if chrome can be themed or has anyone thought of doing it? Last can someone make a 3d icon for tv guide, mx tube and skyfire? Thanks in advance you guys are all great.
    2012-07-05 02:15 AM
    Create your icons as you would with the psd but use cydia psd. Save image with size 120/120. Then put icons in Icons Folder in main theme and label them as [email protected] and xxxx.png. This should give you the 3D effect. Hope this helps and if you need more help just ask.

I asked this before, but I think in the flurry of weather widgets and icon requests the page count grew too fast.

My question is: how do you go about creating 3D icons? I can make 2D ones from the included psd file, but being a photoshop amateur I'm lost when it comes to making 3D ones. Is it a straight forward process, or something better left to photoshop pros?
    2012-07-05 02:17 AM

This will do ??

I luv it but any chance to insert the actual calcbot "eyes" to your icon? Thx a lot
    2012-07-05 02:18 AM
    Create your icons as you would with the psd but use cydia psd. Save image with size 120/120. Then put icons in Icons Folder in main theme and label them as [email protected] and xxxx.png. This should give you the 3D effect. Hope this helps and if you need more help just ask.
    i think he was asking how to create a 3D looking icon not how to apply icons in theme, am I correct ??

2012-07-05 02:19 AM
    My boss today.

This is gorgeous, and I am so in love with that dock icon with the animals, what is that for?
    2012-07-05 02:25 AM
    I luv it but any chance to insert the actual calcbot "eyes" to your icon? Thx a lot

????

This is gorgeous, and I am so in love with that dock icon with the animals, what is that for?

It's for Safari

2012-07-05 02:25 AM
    A quick mail icon

2012-07-05 02:28 AM

????

It's for Safari
    Amazing. Thanks again
    2012-07-05 02:30 AM

That's a nice one....it's a keeper
    2012-07-05 02:32 AM
    That's a Safari icon.
    2012-07-05 02:33 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I knew about the Icons folder/Summerboard part of the process, but I'm not sure how to create the icons to begin with. 2D icons using the Settings psd was easy with its separate layers for the frames, image and red wire. But the Cydia psd appears to consist of a single layer - how do I go about editing it? Apologies in advance if I'm being dense.
    2012-07-05 02:34 AM
    Mini GPS iWidget
    Need the iWidget tweak installed. See first page of this thread for intruction on installing the tweak and using iWidgets. http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...-iwidgets.html
    Unzip the file and ssh to mobile/Library/iWidgets after the tweak is installed and you have rebooted.
    If you have the tweak already just ssh and apply.
    You also need the MyLocation app for the GPS weather.

Download: Durben_boss_MiniGPS.rar
    2012-07-05 02:40 AM
    Really nice looking

hey brother....sweet sig.......
    2012-07-05 02:45 AM
    Your icons bro keep getting better and better, appreciate you sharing them with us!!

A quick mail icon

The cydia PSD has more than just one layer. If you want your image to go over the icon frame, put your image layer above base effects layer. I think this is what you are asking?

Thanks for the reply. I knew about the Icons folder/Summerboard part of the process, but I'm not sure how to create the icons to begin with. 2D icons using the Settings psd was easy with its separate layers for the frames, image and red wire. But the Cydia psd appears to consist of a single layer - how do I go about editing it? Apologies in advance if I'm being dense.
    Last edited by kwajkid; 2012-07-05 at 02:56 AM.
    2012-07-05 02:48 AM
    The cydia PSD has more than just one layer. If you want your image to go over the icon frame, put your image layer above base effects layer. I think this is what you are asking?
    My problem is I can't simplify the layers in this file like I could in the settings psd, so it's appearing as a single layer. How do I split the layers?
    2012-07-05 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD