Hello everybody, Aehmlo here. While this isn't exactly a new theme launch, this seemed like an appropriate place to post. I'm proud to announce a revolution (again) in WinterBoard theming - Themer's Friend (the name is subject to change).

Themer's Friend is an incredible app, which themes Cydia app icons and all app loading screens dynamically, on demand. This is a revolution - currently WinterBoard can theme App Store icons by replacing images in MobileIcons.framework, but themers cannot dynamically create Cydia icons, which creates a lot of work for them. This app was made so that themers don't have to - end users can simply launch it and theme them by themselves!

Before now, iLeemosynary was the only theme capable of this - I've decided to share the technology with the rest of the community! Never again will themers need to spend long hours theming every Cydia store icon, only to be told by a customer that their icon isn't themed. End users will now have the power to take control over their themes more than ever before. And the best news is, themers won't even have to modify their themes to take advantage of this! It reads from Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework/ automatically, so you won't have to change a thing. Neat, huh?

Themer's friend also will be able to theme loading screens (themers, that's Default.png) along with the app icons. This gives themes a much more uniform, quality feel. Themers will have to supply the base images for this, however (more details to come).

Themer's Friend is an app designed to be just that - a themer's best friend. Designed with simplicity and power in mind, this app is a revolution that will truly change WinterBoard theming. Stay tuned for more details.

Thanks to Brett for all his help! You rock dude!
    Brett's Homepage

Coming soon to an iDevice user near you...
    Attached Thumbnails Themer's Friend - The only friend you'll ever need.-threadpreview.png  
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 2012-08-25 at 10:03 PM.
    2012-08-25 08:48 PM
    I cant seem to view the images.
    2012-08-25 08:54 PM
    I cant seem to view the images.
    Try now, that was a bug with the attachment uploader.
    2012-08-25 08:58 PM
    Try now, that was a bug with the attachment uploader.
    Yup. I can view them now. Thanks

Looks pretty interesting. Does it require resprings and reboots, or is it smooth somewhat like Dreamboard?
    2012-08-25 09:03 PM
    Doesn't themeiconmaker work?
    2012-08-25 09:06 PM
    It'll rebuild caches when it's done, but WinterBoard's not always perfect, so if it doesn't update the icons automatically, you may have to respring.

I suppose themeiconmaker works, but it's not quite the same thing. Plus, this also will theme loading screens and potentially other things too, if themers want to get more advanced.
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 2012-08-25 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Stupid quotes
    2012-08-25 09:09 PM
    Nice, I like this. What a great idea .

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!
    2012-08-25 09:42 PM
    Nice, I like this. What a great idea .
    Thanks! A friend of mine actually helped me come up with it.
    2012-08-25 09:43 PM
    Thanks! A friend of mine actually helped me come up with it.
    Haha, well, your friend has good ideas!

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!
    2012-08-25 10:34 PM
    Very interesting, I always love advancement revolutions in the jailbreak community.
    2012-08-25 11:03 PM
    Very interesting, I always love advancement revolutions in the jailbreak community.
    Thanks! I'm hoping that it makes the lives of us themers easier.
    2012-08-25 11:07 PM
    Thanks! I'm hoping that it makes the lives of us themers easier.
    Exactly! And in turn hopefully it will inspire others to contribute in the world of theming.
    2012-08-25 11:11 PM
    Exactly! And in turn hopefully it will inspire others to contribute in the world of theming.
    That's the idea - although I only hope it doesn't inspire poor quality themes. After all, competition breeds excellence!
    2012-08-25 11:19 PM
    That's the idea - although I only hope it doesn't inspire poor quality themes. After all, competition breeds excellence!
    That'd be interesting too because since the process would be so easy... You'd risk quality/time. Im sure there will e a few but not many because of the level that themes are at now. You know a quality theme when you see one
    2012-08-25 11:21 PM
    Interesting idea but the en user would have to have it for this to work. And since we can't guarantee they would we still have to make the Cydia icons....
    2012-08-26 02:16 AM
    This is nice, but beside the loading screen - function it seems to have the same functionality like TIM ??

TIM creates missing icons and bundle folders with the theme icon mask and works perfect for me
    2012-08-26 02:26 AM
    What is TIM?
    2012-08-26 03:19 AM
    What is TIM?
    ThemeIconMaker. its available in cydia.
    2012-08-26 05:02 AM
    This is nice, but beside the loading screen - function it seems to have the same functionality like TIM ??

TIM creates missing icons and bundle folders with the theme icon mask and works perfect for me
    The idea is that eventually it would evolve and become more advanced.
    2012-08-26 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD