sadly when applying the theme (1.2.2) springboard crashes and goes into safe mode. other dreamboard themes are working fine. had been waiting for eons for a 7.1.1 jailbreak so i could run this. anybody have any ideas if theres a fix, or will i have to wait and hope that endfinity has some time on his hands to sort it? - am using iphone 5, 7.1.1, with the new pangu jailbreak
    Last edited by adamski777; 2014-06-24 at 12:06 PM. Reason: extra info
    2014-06-24 12:06 PM
    sadly when applying the theme (1.2.2) springboard crashes and goes into safe mode. other dreamboard themes are working fine. had been waiting for eons for a 7.1.1 jailbreak so i could run this. anybody have any ideas if theres a fix, or will i have to wait and hope that endfinity has some time on his hands to sort it? - am using iphone 5, 7.1.1, with the new pangu jailbreak
    Have you installed the latest version of DreamBoard? If not, you'll have to add wynd07.appspot.com/r7/ to your sources to download it. Not sure if it or Paragon works with 7.1.1, but you can try.
    2014-06-24 06:39 PM
    Yes I used dreamboard from the wynd repo (2.0.2) as earlier versions weren't working. Sadly, as the phone was a replacement from apple it came with 7.1.1 on it. Will just have to hope for endfinity comes out of hiding again with a fix! Thanks for trying to help. Much appreciated.
    2014-06-24 06:58 PM
    can confirm Paragon does not work on 7.1; causes crash into safe mode

as stated above, other dreamboard themes do work
    2014-06-24 11:24 PM
    I'm very computer literate but have no experience in the ring outside of playing around with files in ifile.

Does anyone know where to begin to update this for 7.1.1 I completely regret updating now. Paragon is literally the number 1 reason I jailbreak my devices.
    2014-06-25 01:38 PM
    I'm very computer literate but have no experience in the ring outside of playing around with files in ifile.

Does anyone know where to begin to update this for 7.1.1 I completely regret updating now. Paragon is literally the number 1 reason I jailbreak my devices.
    I don't know how to update this theme but one thing I would try is disabling all of the default tiles and see if that has anything to do with it. I would imagine the problem lies with changes to the Apple API
    2014-06-25 03:06 PM

You would need a Mac and Xcode and of course Endfinity's source code.
    2014-06-25 10:18 PM

Steve, I'm in the same boat as you, I'm totally gutted as well for the same reasons - its the hands down best JB theme out there. I know endfinity is from Austria - some of his screen shots are on an Austrian mobile network BOB, and my wife is Austrian - so maybe he can do a favour to a kind of fellow Austrian! (spend a lot of time there)
    2014-06-26 05:38 AM
    Could someone on 7.1 send me a crash log and syslog excerpt please for this crash? I might be able to make a temporary patch while End fixes it his end

EDIT: here's instructions to get the syslog, shamelessly "borrowed" from eswick:

"The syslog will help me determine what is crashing (it could be SpringBoard or backboardd), as well as where/if the crash report is saved.

The easiest way is on OS X, using rpetrich's deviceconsole tool.
    (If you have Xcode installed, you can also use the Organizer, but you probably know what you're doing anyway. If you don't know what Xcode is, don't worry about it)
    I've precompiled a binary for you to use, which you can download from here: https://eswick.s3.amazonaws.com/deviceconsole.zip

Just follow these steps:

Download the file above onto an Intel Mac and unzip it (I only compiled deviceconsole for 64-bit Macs, by the way)

Plug your device into USB

Double click on deviceconsole (The terminal will appear)

Make the crash occur

Copy the entire output from the Terminal (Command + A, Command + C) into a paste on https://ghostbin.com and paste the link

If you're on Windows and have OpenSSH installed on your device, you can SSH into your device, and use my package ondeviceconsole from Cydia in place of deviceconsole (they do the exact same thing, but ondeviceconsole runs on your device).

Hopefully my instructions aren't too confusing. This will help me fix the problem much faster. Thank you guys!"
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-06-26 at 11:36 AM.
    2014-06-26 11:24 AM
    Could someone on 7.1 send me a crash log and syslog excerpt please for this crash? I might be able to make a temporary patch while End fixes it his end

EDIT: here's instructions to get the syslog, shamelessly "borrowed" from eswick:

"The syslog will help me determine what is crashing (it could be SpringBoard or backboardd), as well as where/if the crash report is saved.

The easiest way is on OS X, using rpetrich's deviceconsole tool.
    (If you have Xcode installed, you can also use the Organizer, but you probably know what you're doing anyway. If you don't know what Xcode is, don't worry about it)
    I've precompiled a binary for you to use, which you can download from here: https://eswick.s3.amazonaws.com/deviceconsole.zip

Just follow these steps:

Download the file above onto an Intel Mac and unzip it (I only compiled deviceconsole for 64-bit Macs, by the way)

Plug your device into USB

Double click on deviceconsole (The terminal will appear)

Make the crash occur

Copy the entire output from the Terminal (Command + A, Command + C) into a paste on https://ghostbin.com and paste the link

If you're on Windows and have OpenSSH installed on your device, you can SSH into your device, and use my package ondeviceconsole from Cydia in place of deviceconsole (they do the exact same thing, but ondeviceconsole runs on your device).

Hopefully my instructions aren't too confusing. This will help me fix the problem much faster. Thank you guys!"

Here's the link to the crashlog https://ghostbin.com/paste/tpc5v - just saw after doing this your edit with the extra instructions - if the crashlog isnt enough i'll follow your steps - it's springboard thats crashing
    2014-06-26 11:40 AM
    Here's the link to the crashlog https://ghostbin.com/paste/tpc5v - just saw after doing this your edit with the extra instructions - if the crashlog isnt enough i'll follow your steps - it's springboard thats crashing
    Cheers, yeah a syslog would be awesome too please
    2014-06-26 11:44 AM
    Cheers, yeah a syslog would be awesome too please
    ok here's the link from the SSL console from the moment i open dreamboard and choose paragon https://ghostbin.com/paste/u8me8
    2014-06-26 01:31 PM
    Excellent! Seems that Paragon is calling a method in SBIconModel that was removed in 7.1, making a testing patch right now.
    2014-06-26 01:37 PM
    legend! fingers crossed... thanks again
    2014-06-26 01:41 PM
    I honestly have no idea if this will work or not, but if it doesn't please could you send me (or post here) a link to a syslog with the resulting crash. If it does work, you'll have a popup saying the patch is unofficial and so might cause issues, but shouldn't.

Deb: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...honeos-arm.deb

You'll need to install via iFile
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2014-06-26 at 11:59 PM.
    2014-06-26 01:47 PM
    I honestly have no idea if this will work or not, but if it doesn't please could you send me (or post here) a link to a syslog with the resulting crash. If it does work, you'll have a popup saying the patch is unofficial and so might cause issues, but shouldn't.

Deb: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...honeos-arm.deb

You'll need to install via iFile
    Houston, we have LIFTOFF!!!!!!!! This works - note for others - only after a proper on & off reboot. Matschtic - you are owed a beer if you find yourself in Austria or Abu Dhabi. Am over the moon!
    2014-06-26 02:54 PM
    Houston, we have LIFTOFF!!!!!!!! This works - note for others - only after a proper on & off reboot. Matschtic - you are owed a beer if you find yourself in Austria or Abu Dhabi. Am over the moon!
    Aha cheers mate! If anyone is interested, this is the full source code for the patch:

Code:
    #import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
    #import <SpringBoard7.1/SBIconModel.h>
    #import <substrate.h>

%hook SBIconModel

%new

- (id)_flattenIconState:(id)arg1 {
        UIAlertView *av = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"Paragon" message:@"Please be aware that this patch for 7.1 may cause issues, as it is unofficial." delegate:nil cancelButtonTitle:@"OK" otherButtonTitles:nil];
        [av show];

return MSHookIvar<NSOrderedSet*>(self, "_desiredIconStateFlattened");
    }

%end
    2014-06-26 07:03 PM
    I am installing the patch via ifile but not getting any popup that says what you spoke about and I am still crashing into safe mode.

Instructions forgetting log on windows please.

Finished with result code 2.
    Last edited by PharaohSteve; 2014-06-27 at 05:40 AM.
    2014-06-27 05:19 AM
    I am installing the patch via ifile but not getting any popup that says what you spoke about and I am still crashing into safe mode.

I installed ondeviceconsole from Cydia, then using ifunboxclassic open SSH terminal (after you've connected device via usb), then at the bottom of the terminal screen type in ondeviceconsole - you will then see anything you do on the device is logging on the console screen, then reproduce the crash and copy and paste what shows on the terminal into pastebin and share the link - hope that helps...!
    2014-06-27 08:51 AM

Is it erroring when installing via iFile to get result code 2?
    2014-06-27 11:21 AM
2,983 ... 25292100101102103104112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD