User Tag List

  1. Tj445's Avatar
    Hello guys,

    I recently decided to update my jailbroken Ipad2 from 5.0.1 to 6.1
    I used the Shift click method to choose my update ipsw and letting itunes do the job but I got greeted with error 3194 the first time. I tried another time with tinyumbrella by starting the server but I got error 11 while server is up and 3004 while it's down.

    Do I need to update to an intermediate firmware?
    Is there any setting I need to make to my cydia before doing this?

    Any help would be appreciated.
    2013-12-20 03:54 PM
  2. King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Do you have blobs for 6.1?

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-12-21 01:56 AM
  3. Tj445's Avatar
    Is that something else I need to download for my tinyumbrella?
    I am not very informed on these stuff so if you could give me an explanation it'd be great.
    2013-12-21 02:14 AM
  4. King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Ok, in order to install a firmware other than the latest firmware available for a device, you need blobs for that firmware from that specific device.

    So the way it works is that in order to install any firmware, it must be "signed" by Apple. The only way to bypass this signing step is to have the blobs for that firmware and device. Cydia typically saves these for you, at least it did up until iOS 6 was released.

    Because cydia did not save blobs correctly for iOS 6, you can't update to that firmware. You only choice is to go to 7.0.4 or if you do have older blobs, it is possible to re-restore to 5.1.1 with redsn0w.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2013-12-21 at 02:36 AM.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-12-21 02:34 AM
  5. Tj445's Avatar
    Thanks for the answer.

    Does this mean that there is currently no way to manually update to Ios 6?
    2013-12-21 04:49 AM
  6. King_O_Hill's Avatar
    No, your best bet would be iOS 5.1.1 if you have the correct blobs.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-12-21 05:18 AM
  7. Tj445's Avatar
    Alright, thanks for the help.
    I was hoping to update it to ios 6 in order to run some ios 6 exclusive games but I guess I will have to wait for the ios 7 jailbreak.

    I would like to ask one final thing if you have the time.
    Is it worth to update to ios 7.0.4 now and wait for the Jailbreak or should I wait for the jailbreak to come out first?
    Seeing as I won't be able to update to Ios 7.0.4 manually if apple releases something new that is incompatible with the jailbreak I wanted to have your opinion regarding this.
    2013-12-21 08:40 AM
  8. King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Good question.

    My thought was iOS 7.1 from the very beginning. JB has always been for current version of iOS. I'm not expecting a JB until 7.1 goes public. But with the probability of several additional beta version of 7.1, you just never know.

    I'm gambling on 7.1 myself.

    Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2013-12-21 09:00 AM