How do I fix this Error malformed line 6 in source list/etc/apt/source.list.d/Cydia.list (dust)
    in Cydia? I can't download anything only from the app store keeps saying this I can't add any sources also... I have down the two upgrades cydia has put out..

I do not have anything like iFile or anything like that on my phone cydia will not allow me to download anything like that and I really don't want to pay for anything..

Is there any way around this or how to fix this..

Thanks
    2013-12-24 10:25 PM
    How do I fix this Error malformed line 6 in source list/etc/apt/source.list.d/Cydia.list (dust)
    in Cydia? I can't download anything only from the app store keeps saying this I can't add any sources also... I have down the two upgrades cydia has put out..

I do not have anything like iFile or anything like that on my phone cydia will not allow me to download anything like that and I really don't want to pay for anything..

Is there any way around this or how to fix this..

Thanks
    The Cydia.list file is used by Cydia to store the sources you've added on your device. The error you're looking at means that something got formatted incorrectly in that file (absolutely no idea why, but that's not important right now).

The best thing you can do at this point is get access to that file somehow- if you've setup FTP into your device before, then you can use that to navigate to /etc/apt/source.list.d/Cydia.list. If not (since that may require additional components that you'd install through Cydia), then you should take a look at iFunBox (or others), which you can download for free. This will let you view the files on a jailbroken device without the need for iFile or FTP.

If you can open that file, look for the sixth line and see if there's anything blatantly wrong with it- you may just delete that line if necessary. If you can't notice anything, or don't know what to look for, just post the contents of the file here and I'm sure someone will take a look for you
    2013-12-24 11:15 PM
    I have downloaded the Ifunbox and I can't find anything that leads into where the file should be Cydia error please helpError malformed line 6 in source list/etc/apt/source.list.d/Cydi-screen-shot-2013-12-24-8.36.30-pm.png

Could you help me out?

my email is [email protected]

thanks
    2013-12-25 02:37 AM
    So I'm having the same problem. I have iFunBox and I have an error malforming on a cydia line. Please tell me how you were able to fix your error. Thanks!
    2014-01-23 03:20 PM
    I also have the same problem, except it happened when I tried to install a source and somehow it came up with this error. (Mine says malformed line 7). My device still works fine, but whenever i open Cydia it says that, and I can not access any packages or sources, I cant add them either. I have iFunBox and it works, but I have no idea where the file is. Its like it doesn't exist!

If you know how to fix it, please email me at [email protected]

[Edit]: I figured out that I can not access the raw file system because my jailbreak did not add "afc2add" when it was installed. Alas, I can not install it from Cydia because I can not access it. I have found multiple ways to get "afc2add" from PC, but you also need to add a Cydia source, which I can not do. I have tried to completely restore it, but that would require an update, and iOS 7.1 has not been jailbroken. If you know of any way for me to access the whole raw file system I would very much appreciate it. Otherwise I'm completely screwed.
    Last edited by FXgamer247; 2014-03-14 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Update
    2014-03-13 07:43 AM
    I have the same problem with cydia, same thing, dont have iFile nor afc2add since cydia doesnt work, so I cant use iFunbox, i read that another way to fix it would be with cyder II altho i downloaded it and I get some sort of file error when I try to copy sources from cydia so I didnt have success with that either, help would be very much apprecieated to show us how to use cyder II
    if you could, email me please at [email protected]
    2014-04-15 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD