Is this groovy lock "e7.db.analog.clock" making anyone else's phone crash??
    Yes
    Guys.. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.. But J0k3r, Sethbossfan and I have been doing a lot of testing of Lockscreen elements and how much animation we can ask of GroovyLock, LockHTML3 and Cydgets.. And after a lot of the crashing we've all been experiencing.. We all, for different reasons chose to restore to 7.0.4 in the last 24 hours, re-jailbreak with 1.0.4 evasi0n and Set Up as New Phone -- NO RESTORE FROM BACKUP -- ever.. And since we all did this.. We've been able to run animation intensive stuff on our lockscreens from within LockHTML3 and also have animation heavy iWidgets running. No reason GroovyLock wouldn't also work better with the animation stuff after the restore.

So -- there comes a time when we all just have too many potentially corrupt preference and cache files on our phone - even after we've removed or reinstalled stuff from Cydia. Cydia is not good at removing preference files or cache files when it removes and app. And even our beloved iCleanerPro (from the repo: exile90software.com/cydia/) doesn't clear everything - not even something as important to clean as var/mobile/Library/Caches. iCleanerPro - to my great disappointment doesn't clean that one out.

So - since 7.0.4 is still signable. at least in America - today.. I'd restore if you want greater stability for LockScreen stuff.

In iTunes hit CHECK FOR UPDATE -- and if it says 7.0.4 is the most recent.. You're good to go..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-02-03 at 09:12 PM.
    2014-02-03 09:03 PM
    I restored Thursday but close enough. NewD is right though.. i haven't been crashing nearly as much and I've purposely set my self up with expectations to crash with some of the stuff I'm running.

Also as an FYI. DFU restore does not force you to update to 7.0.5. I witnessed it last night. You'll get a fresh firmware version of 7.0.4 through evasion. It will be no issue.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE
    2014-02-03 09:09 PM
    In Groovy Lock settings if you have Hold Lock in Memory on, turn it off. Respring
    Otherwise I have no suggestions for you guys with crashing issues. It's working for me and has been on for days.

Only tweak I don't have that others might likely is biteSMS
    I removed it days ago after it caused multiple springboard crashes on my phone.
    I think those of you running lean - are running smart. After a restore and running leaner I'm real stable. Unlike your experience - all my CrashReports showed GroovyLock or LockHTML3 as crashing.. from the animation heavy locks.. But all that's gone now too after a restore. I have had no biteSMS crashes in CrashReporter ever. I hate when we each have such different experiences to report.. Though I'm on 5S 7.0.4. I think you're still on iPhone 5 6.1.2, right, D?
    2014-02-03 09:11 PM
    Thanks for the insightful info NewD and Seth! Think I may have to look into that. So no restore from backup. What about iCloud contacts and photostream stuff? I could care less about retaining text messages.
    Last edited by iRyanKGT; 2014-02-03 at 09:19 PM.
    2014-02-03 09:15 PM
    I restored Thursday but close enough. NewD is right though.. i haven't been crashing nearly as much and I've purposely set my self up with expectations to crash with some of the stuff I'm running.
    I haven't crashed AT ALL since the restore. Running MartyMcFly UniAW6.4+RainyDay(WW) in LockHTML3, UniAW_iW on the springboard along with 5 other iwidgets non animation based.. Here's my tweaks list:

Cydia Substrate, Substrate Safe Mode, Preference Loader, Winterboard, afc2add, iFile, CCToggles, AutomaticSSH, WidgetWeather, LockHTML3, iWidgets, f.lux, Springtomize 3, FolderEnhancer, HomeScreenDesigner, IconOmatic, HiddenSettings7, Exchange Policy Cleaner, biteSMS, iCleanerPro, NextGEN UI, BytaFont2, ClassicDock, GroovyLock

ZERO crashes in 48 hours.
    2014-02-03 09:17 PM
    [QUOTE=surr3a1;7004005]I'm using the theme for two days now and I must admit that I am quite impressed with it.

[/QUOTE

Hi there how did you get the extra row of icons? Iconoclasm? If so which plst is it?
    2014-02-03 09:17 PM
    FileSystem Content verifies what I'm seeing. GroovyLock has the original set of Locks. iWidgets gets the few new MaxPa1n iWidgets. Nothing from MamaJaay in the FileSystemContents at all. And that's a very long document to get thru for a theme.. LOL!!!
    LOL yea it's a hell of a list haha. And here's what my File System Content looks like. You can see here that Durben's new LS gets installed... Wonder why yours is all funky.

2014-02-03 09:18 PM
    Thanks for the insightful info NewD! Think I may have to look into that. So no restore from backup. What about iCloud contacts and photostream stuff? I could care less about retaining text messages.
    iCloud and PhotoStream are all good, Iri!! You're good to go. One cheating thing I 'do' do.. is to do a backup to iTunes IMMEDIATELY AFTER I ADD my 6 email accounts and my favorite AppStore Apps.. as they are a pain to re-add after each restore.. So I have that particular VERY small iTunes backup that I restore before jailbreaking... and ever since iOS4 - it has never caused me any troubles. You can search your MAC and make a copy of that one BACKUP before it gets clogged with other stuff from later automatic backups when you launch iTunes.

But it's best to tell 'noobs' to Set Up as New Phone each time..
    2014-02-03 09:22 PM
    I haven't crashed AT ALL since the restore. Running MartyMcFly UniAW6.4+RainyDay(WW) in LockHTML3, UniAW_iW on the springboard along with 5 other iwidgets non animation based.. Here's my tweaks list:

Cydia Substrate, Substrate Safe Mode, Preference Loader, Winterboard, afc2add, iFile, CCToggles, AutomaticSSH, WidgetWeather, LockHTML3, iWidgets, f.lux, Springtomize 3, FolderEnhancer, HomeScreenDesigner, IconOmatic, HiddenSettings7, Exchange Policy Cleaner, biteSMS, iCleanerPro, NextGEN UI, BytaFont2, ClassicDock, GroovyLock

ZERO crashes in 48 hours.
    Since only using LockHTML3 for locks with animation I haven't either since my restore!
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE
    2014-02-03 09:23 PM
    Since only using LockHTML3 for locks with animation I haven't either since my restore!
    To help the Elite gang out here, Seth, we should try with GroovyLock too - so see if it adds any instability. I'm gonna try now.. with Marty's LS running in GroovyLock.
    2014-02-03 09:26 PM
    mass roots

2014-02-03 09:28 PM
    LOL yea it's a hell of a list haha. And here's what my File System Content looks like. You can see here that Durben's new LS gets installed... Wonder why yours is all funky.
    I have that one, Iry.. Didn't know it was new -my bad.. BUT the main one I was looking for that someone said was included was MamaJaay's. Is hers not part of e7 yet?
    2014-02-03 09:28 PM
    iCloud and PhotoStream are all good, Iri!! You're good to go. One cheating thing I 'do' do.. is to do a backup to iTunes IMMEDIATELY AFTER I ADD my 6 email accounts and my favorite AppStore Apps.. as they are a pain to re-add after each restore.. So I have that particular VERY small iTunes backup that I restore before jailbreaking... and ever since iOS4 - it has never caused me any troubles. You can search your MAC and make a copy of that one BACKUP before it gets clogged with other stuff from later automatic backups when you launch iTunes.

But it's best to tell 'noobs' to Set Up as New Phone each time..
    To help the Elite gang out here, Seth, we should try with GroovyLock too - so see if it adds any instability. I'm gonna try now.. with Marty's LS running in GroovyLock.
    Haha I hear ya. Thanks for the "insider" pro-tip brother, and thanks for lending a helping hand over here too, much appreciated!

mass roots
    Long time no see brother, good to have you back!
    2014-02-03 09:29 PM
    Anyone have iPad mini wallpapers just laying around?
    2014-02-03 09:30 PM
    Haha I hear ya. Thanks for the "insider" pro-tip brother, and thanks for lending a helping hand over here too, much appreciated!

Long time no see brother, good to have you back!
    still around just took a step back for a bit to get home life some what in order

2014-02-03 09:31 PM
    Some of the iwidgets and groovylock ones show my country as my location instead of the city, resulting in incorrect weather information. Has anyone faced this issue?
    2014-02-03 09:31 PM
    still around just took a step back for a bit to get home life some what in order
    Family comes first always. Then Elite family second
    2014-02-03 09:34 PM
    Can you share the wall please
    Amazing can someone share it the lockscreen?
    2014-02-03 09:36 PM
    Some of the iwidgets and groovylock ones show my country as my location instead of the city, resulting in incorrect weather information. Has anyone faced this issue?
    it shouldn't change the weather info - but several LS and iWidgets have a place in their config.js or list of options (with iWidgets) where you can choose 'location info' and you have the choice of "default", "city" or "Neighborhood". They should all be set to the same thing.. Usually "default" is fine for most places around the globe. If not - try "city" and then "neighborhood". But set that setting in ALL widgets the same. If it's not in some widgets - don't worry - just move on to the next one and make sure it's set to default. Tell me if that clears it up for you..
    2014-02-03 09:37 PM
    [QUOTE=Groovejunkie;7004896]
    I'm using the theme for two days now and I must admit that I am quite impressed with it.

[/QUOTE

Hi there how did you get the extra row of icons? Iconoclasm? If so which plst is it?
    Can you share the lockscreen?
    2014-02-03 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD