I am making my own personal theme without Winterboard and some of the icons by default enable the glossy effect. How to I manually turn that off or how do I use Winterbard to remove it from all icons?

Thank you!

After hours of searching the answer turned out to be in one of the sticky threads on this forum. All I had to do was remove [email protected]~iphone.png from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileIcons.framework
    Attached Thumbnails How do I remove default glossy effect mask  IOS 5.1.1-icons.png  
    Last edited by TheVegen; 2014-02-24 at 06:43 PM.
    2014-02-24 06:32 PM
    It would have been best just to rename AppIconOverlay to another filename. No need to delete files just rename. Cos once they're gone, they're gone!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor
    2014-02-25 03:27 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I made a backup before I deleted it from the folder.

P.S. I attached a copy of the icons I have used/modified so far (I am almost half way though the icons on my phone). I got the idea from a old low res fallout NV icon theme. I wonder if it would be worth making into a distributable theme as I can make it high rez enough for ISO 7.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I remove default glossy effect mask  IOS 5.1.1-icons.png  
    2014-02-25 04:22 AM
    It could be? Nice work!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor
    2014-02-25 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD