tried icleaner pro method, now stuck on apple logo. Hope I didnt lose my JB

and .... Bricked .... fantastic
    2014-06-13 08:27 PM
    Have you tried DFU mode?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2014-06-13 08:30 PM
    dfu will lose my Jb (update to whatever ios is now) ... without JB to me iPhone is bricked
    2014-06-13 08:35 PM
    dfu will lose my Jb (update to whatever ios is now) ... without JB to me iPhone is bricked
    I take your point. I wish I could be more help, but sounds like that is probably your only option. It's happened to me and I tried everything. I would trawl the forums and see if there is anything to help you.

Good luck dude!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1402685170.885263.jpg
    Would be nice if I could complete it with Tweets number next to the icon... Hint hint ;-)

Last edited by NeilJClements; 2014-06-13 at 08:47 PM.
    2014-06-13 08:39 PM
    tried icleaner pro method, now stuck on apple logo. Hope I didnt lose my JB
    You turned off all mobile substrates? Hold power and home on reboot hold volume up.

iPhones are never "Bricked" unless you delete the file system. Can you ssh?

I take your point. I wish I could be more help, but sounds like that is probably your only option. It's happened to me and I tried everything. I would trawl the forums and see if there is anything to help you.

Good luck dude!

ImageUploadedByModMyi1402685170.885263.jpg
    Would be nice if I could complete it with Tweets number next to the icon... Hint hint ;-)

Well add the tweets notification. "Hint Hint"

Have you tried DFU mode?

DFU is pointless in this situation..
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-13 at 10:25 PM.
    2014-06-13 10:23 PM
    You turned off all mobile substrates? Hold power and home on reboot hold volume up.

iPhones are never "Bricked" unless you delete the file system. Can you ssh?

Well add the tweets notification. "Hint Hint"

DFU is pointless in this situation..

--

I did not turn them all off I was going in groups to try and find "the one" will try volume up method
    can't ssh or anything though -- I know its not bricked bricked but I do not want to do a system restore and lose JB -

volume method - didnt work - stuck on logo still
    Last edited by doctorvik; 2014-06-13 at 10:49 PM.
    2014-06-13 10:45 PM
    I have done this as well. Even only a couple tweaks at a time. Many others have as well. This will not cause it to be "Bricked" or whatever state your iphone is in. Unless maybe it halfway disabled a tweak, or you have a "bad" tweak installed. Reason why I mentioned hold power and home until the device goes off. Then hold the volume up as it reboots. This will disable ALL tweaks, and boot into a safe mode.
    2014-06-13 10:48 PM
    powered all the way down -- powered on holding volume up for about 5 min - nothing
    2014-06-13 10:52 PM
    Does it loop or what?

Reference for the volume up.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/02/f...pod-touch.html
    2014-06-13 10:53 PM
    nope - just stays at apple logo --
    2014-06-13 10:55 PM
    nope - just stays at apple logo --
    If it just stays then it will loop eventually, and at some point you should get ssh capability. No idea, 99% of the time holding volume up works. I'd try again if it was me.
    2014-06-13 10:56 PM
    ill keep trying - dont wanna switch back to android -- if I can ssh what should I do with files ??
    2014-06-13 10:59 PM
    ill keep trying - dont wanna switch back to android -- if I can ssh what should I do with files ??
    That would never push me to Android, but on the bright side you would actually learn what "Bricked" is.

If you can ssh that means the volume up trick would work. If what you say is correct you went to iCleaner Pro Switched off some mobile substrates and resprung. Correct? Nothing else? Didn't download a tweak or mess with any system files? This is very important. If it was just iCleaner then you should never have this issue. If you get ssh I believe you can run semi-restore to get rid of all tweaks and have a fresh device. Or view the mobile substrate folder. iCleaner does nothing but rename this so they dont run. In theory you could rename them back and this would redo what iCleaner un-did.

In the end you could take every Mobile Substrate and rename all of them without a boot loop or stuck on boot to happen. Reason I do not think iCleaner did this.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-13 at 11:07 PM.
    2014-06-13 11:04 PM
    yeah thats all I did -- was just turing off in alphabetical order trying to see which one was kicking me into safe mode -- I connected to computer and can ssh now ... Ill try the volume up thing again a few times -- if that doesnt work Ill mess around with files / tweaks in ssh -- Ill let you know -- thanks for help
    2014-06-13 11:07 PM
    yeah thats all I did -- was just turing off in alphabetical order trying to see which one was kicking me into safe mode -- I connected to computer and can ssh now ... Ill try the volume up thing again a few times -- if that doesnt work Ill mess around with files / tweaks in ssh -- Ill let you know -- thanks for help
    Ok since you're on the computer and have ssh don't go changing all kinds of stuff. This could literally brick your phone. (More specifically deleting system files will cause a brick or better said. A must for a restore) Instead go to Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibrary If you can send me the list of mobile substrates in this folder. If I remember correctly iCleaner renames these with the extension .bak

With you having ssh this means the jailbreak is still intact, and pretty much tells it is a tweak causing this problem. So reversing this should be quite simple, yet if you do something wrong it could ruin the JB.

First view this folder. Everything has .dylib and .plist. Anything that doesn't have this, would be what I paid attention to.

I'll be around for about 45mins until I go back to work. Just fyi if I don't respond.

Something I would like help with: when you go to add a text effect (shadow / 3D etc) there is no way of removing the effect if you decide you don't like it.
    I can edit the plist, but is there an easier way?

Change the shadow color to transparent

I seemed to have tripped across another small issue. When I add the Twitter info, it says it's not installed.

2 out of 5 devices don't have twitter.app receiving notifications. (Shows not installed) I am not sure why this is yet. Do you use terminal at all? Its hard for me to look at or fix as it works fine for me.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-06-13 at 11:27 PM.
    2014-06-13 11:09 PM
    This makes great reading and I intend to keep this thread somewhere safe for future use!

2014-06-13 11:27 PM
    I think it adds a .disabled file -- to the list to tell it what to disable -- I am going to delete those and see what happens
    2014-06-13 11:35 PM
    Do not delete them
    2014-06-14 12:07 AM
    I think it adds a .disabled file -- to the list to tell it what to disable -- I am going to delete those and see what happens
    Don't delete any files.

Edit: June was faster than me.
    2014-06-14 12:08 AM
    Just remove the .disabled
    2014-06-14 12:09 AM
1,354 ... 24323334353644 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD