That looks hot right there Boots. I'm gonna start overcompensating by having big balloons on my homescreen like that.
    Last edited by Krima; 2015-01-26 at 06:04 PM.
    2015-01-26 05:57 PM
    Ian, just FYI, you can set an Activator action to use the "Force Refresh" button in WW2. Not really sure that I'm keen on adding an icon to the SB. Just seems too obtrusive. But you never know, maybe if I had additional requests for it.
    Oh I didn't know that pal, now I see it, and a shortcut to the settings screen too, good to know, thanks.
    2015-01-26 06:02 PM
    Grant,

You annoy me with the way you believe you are so very good & always right when you're not, you piss me off, if you don't like what I have to say then don't come back here.
    I left GCB cause of you, I left your thread cause of you, I don't participate much in other threads where you are, period. I'm not leaving this thread pal.
    Damn -- what a load of condescension. Why don't you say what you TRULY feel.. LOL!!!

First, Ian.. - your like of me is not really relevant. Second - you should treat with respect people who try to help you - which is all I've done. I only created the other thread to try and HELP YOU out here with the constant same questions over and over again.. No good deed goes unpunished. I don't believe I am 'always good'. Not at all - and the 'bed I made for myself in the first two years - I understand having to 'lay in that bed' a bit. But I'm not that person anymore.. Others see the change - Don't understand why you can't give me a damn break..

Though nowhere near an 'expert' - I do have knowledge now that's been able to help many people - that work speaks for itself. Frankly don't need your approval or your petty condescension toward me and Jake and other people I admire anymore. What I think is more the case - is that you don't like 'me' being one of the go-to people now -- who can offer real help. Does it bring more order to your universe to be able to kick around and disparage NewD, like old times?... Please get with the times and please let's move on, Ian.. your vibe toward me really is perceived by many as unfounded and petty (except Krima - as I can still annoy the he!! out of him.. LOL). I wish you could see that this one-man war on me is just not necessary. No chance of truce?

If not - and my help is useless and unwanted here... I'll move on.. People know where to find me.
    So sorry I so deeply offend you, Ian.. it is truly unintentional.
    2015-01-26 06:06 PM
    That looks hot right there Boots. I'm gonna start overcompensating by having big balloons on my homescreen like that.
    i dont think big balloons on your screen can compensate for your small....
    2015-01-26 06:14 PM
    Believe me I do try, just can't hold it in sometimes.
    I can't remember neither do I care of what you were like 2 years ago, if I feel something in the moment I say what I feel.
    2015-01-26 06:21 PM
    Grant,
    Here is your bloody proof.
    That's running in XCode.. Have you tried it running on phone too?
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-26 at 06:40 PM.
    2015-01-26 06:22 PM
    Lol
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods
    2015-01-26 06:42 PM
    I'm not playing with you anymore, don't care what you believe. All I know is I have this app on my phone & it works.
    2015-01-26 06:43 PM
    Believe me I do try, just can't hold it in sometimes.
    I can't remember neither do I care of what you were like 2 years ago, if I feel something in the moment I say what I feel.
    Oh how I wish you applied that principle to others. The reason it feels like you're reacting to 'old issues' is that "I'm" the only one you do it with. In your first response today - if it had been someone other than me making those three points - I highly doubt you would have responded 'utter rubbish'. You reserve that type of response for 'just me', M8. Trust me - it's noticed.

You sure none of this has to do with un-mixed stuff? I'd PM you - but you've turned them off.

I'm not playing with you anymore...
    Me neither.. I'm done..
    2015-01-26 06:44 PM
    dont cry Krima!

here i am! updated BootsWindow for UniAW7...have a few more things to do to it
    Original was inspired by one of Mone's dbar's...
    Attachment 693651
    credits to cocco26 for the balloons and chevy for the weather icons!
    Nice SB! Just a suggestion, but doesn't the time placement seem out of place sort of? I think it would look better in the middle. Or you could add a date to the opposite side but in shorter so it would fit in, e.i. Jan 26, Feb 26... of course with the same font as the time
    2015-01-26 06:57 PM
    I think this is the best way for me:

Attached Thumbnails UniAW7-screen-shot-2015-01-27-2.07.11-am.png  
    2015-01-26 07:09 PM
    Ian, just FYI, you can set an Activator action to use the "Force Refresh" button in WW2. Not really sure that I'm keen on adding an icon to the SB. Just seems too obtrusive. But you never know, maybe if I had additional requests for it.
    So Brian, if I set WW to Fixed, and set up activator to the "refresh now", it will only update when I choose or will it still update at the update interval, if so I can set this on max (90 Min).
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-26 at 07:52 PM.
    2015-01-26 07:26 PM
    Your weather data will update using the update interval that you have set. Then anytime that you use the force refresh it will obviously update right then too. Please mess with this to be sure it's working correctly like that. I mostly just made sure that it worked and I only tested it with the update set to 1 minute.

Thanks for the Brain compliment, but Brian is fine bro!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-26 07:34 PM
    Your weather data will update using the update interval that you have set. Then anytime that you use the force refresh it will obviously update right then too. Please mess with this to be sure it's working correctly like that. I mostly just made sure that it worked and I only tested it with the update set to 1 minute.
    LOL.. Oops!
    Ok, so I have it set for volume up & down buttons pressed at the same time, that works fine as I see the update time change after I do it, but this would be hard to tell if the widget didn't display an "updated at" time. I also set the update interval to 90 mins, would you consider adding a "Never" option for fully "On Demand" functionality of WW2?

I hear you about the refresh icon, but an icon could at least be used to display an alert saying "XML Updated" or something, same as my Lat n Long app.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-26 at 07:56 PM.
    2015-01-26 07:47 PM
    @Grant
    OK, our definition of auto-updating are different. You look at a constant GPS monitoring with GPS update as soon as your current location is "significantlly" different from the last saved GPS position. I understand auto-updating as a process whereby the GPS position gets updated without user intervention, it gets updated automatically.
    The cycript code does NOT monitor GPS it just gets the GPS position for the location where you opened the cydget theme.
    As both, cycript code and WW2, tap into the iOS location.framework, they don't differ much in their way to get info. WW2 uses the GPS monitoring feature that the location.framework provides. This is not enabled in the cycript code (activelyTracking:NO).

My original question was "which other theme gives you a on-the-spot GPS location update every time you run it" and your answer "WW2 can, of course." To which I replied that you have not answered my question as WW2 is not a theme. Now you are saying "who said otherwise? Not me." And you still have not answered my question.
    Now regarding what is "superior" (your words), I just could not leave your statement that WW2 is ahead of cycript as such, hence my comment that the fact that GPS gets updated every time you activate the LS puts it ahead of every thing else. Kind of bite-back.

Anyway we are starting to compare pears with bananas. WW2 does much more then monitoring GPS, it is a standalone tweak. The cycript code is bound to cydget platform and for LS only, at least the code I am using.

I consider any further exchange regarding this as waste of time and space in Ian's thread.
    If that is fine with you, we leave it at it is.
    Code:
    if (subject === ongoing){
    Grant >> Ras
    }
    else{
    world = "peace for everyone"
    }
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!
    2015-01-26 08:24 PM

Hallo, just tried it, works on mine!
    It would be great a button or a shortcut to switch From/ to Fix/GPS, or even better an automatic switching mode Gps just activated LOCATION it works!
    2015-01-26 08:33 PM
    Attachment 692124
    those ones worked thank you ian.. and ferlop for making it 👍
    Where can I find this for sbhtml? I'm on ios 7.1.2, i5s
    2015-01-26 08:34 PM
    LOL.. Oops!
    Ok, so I have it set for volume up & down buttons pressed at the same time, that works fine as I see the update time change after I do it, but this would be hard to tell if the widget didn't display an "updated at" time. I also set the update interval to 90 mins, would you consider adding a "Never" option for fully "On Demand" functionality of WW2?

I hear you about the refresh icon, but an icon could at least be used to display an alert saying "XML Updated" or something, same as my Lat n Long app.
    As I was writing my last response, I was thinking of exactly the same thing to have a "Never" option.

I know that we also discussed an alert too, but I can't remember why we opted not to go that route. It may have been Dacal saying that we had the last update info so it would be unnecessary. Damn Dacal, always getting his way! Haha

Let me see about that.

2015-01-26 08:51 PM
    Hallo, just tried it, works on mine!
    It would be great a button or a shortcut to switch From/ to Fix/GPS, or even better an automatic switching mode Gps just activated LOCATION it works!
    I need to think about this.

2015-01-26 08:52 PM
    @Grant
    OK, our definition of auto-updating are different. You look at a constant GPS monitoring with GPS update as soon as your current location is "significantly" different from the last saved GPS position. I guess I understand auto-updating as a process whereby the GPS position gets updated without user intervention, it gets updated automatically.

The cycript code does NOT monitor GPS it just gets the GPS position for the location where you opened the cydget theme.
    As both, cycript code and WW2, tap into the iOS location.framework, they don't differ much in their way to get info. WW2 uses the GPS monitoring feature that the location.framework provides. This is not enabled in the cycript code (activelyTracking:NO).

My original question was "which other theme gives you a on-the-spot GPS location update every time you run it" and your answer "WW2 can, of course." To which I replied that you have not answered my question as WW2 is not a theme. Now you are saying "who said otherwise? Not me." And you still have not answered my question.
    Now regarding what is "superior" (your words), I just could not leave your statement that WW2 is ahead of cycript as such, hence my comment that the fact that GPS gets updated every time you activate the LS puts it ahead of every thing else. Kind of bite-back.

Anyway we are starting to compare pears with bananas. WW2 does much more then monitoring GPS, it is a standalone tweak. The cycript code is bound to cydget platform and for LS only, at least the code I am using.

I consider any further exchange regarding this as waste of time and space in Ian's thread.
    If that is fine with you, we leave it at it is.
    Code:
    if (subject === ongoing){
    Grant >> Ras
    }
    else{
    world = "peace for everyone"
    }
    LOL!!... Love your code there... But, no, we have the exact same definition of auto-updating, Ras. You have misunderstood my point about the difference between your/June's code and WW. But I agree it's splitting hairs to parse the word 'auto-update' I've placed my response to your post here in the iOS8 workaround Resprings thread - so as to not continue here. One last point: both Cycript and WW are mobile substrate "tweaks", my friend. We need to stay intellectually honest about that matter.

Click Here for my full response
    Last edited by NewD; 2015-01-26 at 09:16 PM.
    2015-01-26 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD